Some of the common ‘early warning’ signs of diabetes are:
- Excessive thirst
- The first symptom of diabetes is often excessive thirst that is unrelated to exercise, hot weather, or short-term illness.
- Excessive hunger
- You are still hungry all the time even though you’ve eaten.
- Frequent urination
- Frequent urination is often noticed because you must wake up repeatedly during the night.
- Tiredness and fatigue, possibly severe enough to make you fall asleep unexpectedly after meals, is one of the most common symptoms of diabetes.
- Sudden weight loss
- Rapid and/or sudden weight loss (any dramatic change in weight is a sign to visit a doctor).