The cervical region is known as Greeva and Vasti means which covers or surrounds. Greeva Vasti is a procedure where medicated oil is retained for a specified time in the neck region. Greeva Vasti is the most specialized treatment for neck pain and diseases related to cervical region.
The person is made to lie face down on the massaged table. Then a reservoir made of gram flour or wheat flour is placed over the affected area of the cervical region. Lukewarm medicated oil is poured into it and made to stay for at least 5-10 minutes. When the oil is cooled down, it is squeezed out using cotton swab and the oil is replaced with warm medicated oil. The procedure lasts for about half an hour.
After completing the procedure, the affected area is gently massaged with the same oil for better absorption of the medicated oil.
- Pain and stiffness in neck
- Cervical Spondylitis
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Pain in the hands
- Sore muscles of the neck region
- Shoulder Pain
- Upper Backaches
Greeva Vasti fulfills the following purposes:-
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Lubricates the cervical joints and promotes their flexibility
- Stops the degeneration of the cervical joints
- Provides nourishment and strength to the muscles, bones and nerves of cervical area
- Improves the circulation of the blood
- Removes cervical muscle spasm and rigidity
- Reduces the numbness caused due to the compression of the nerves