What is so special and amazing about Leech therapy or Jaloka Avacharan or Raktamokshana that even Demi Moore, the beautiful actress from Hollywood, confesses using it to detoxify and stay young? In fact, even the leading beauty experts of the world call Leech therapy a natural Botox!
While most of us know that Leech is the worm that sucks blood; not many know that Leech sucks only impure blood to be very specific. It might scare you that how can a blood-sucking worm cure the skin infection or save someone’s foot suffering from diabetic foot injury from imputation. But the truth is Leech therapy when done by an expert Ayurvedic Vaidya is one of the most effective treatments for many diseases and problems.
There are many interesting things about Leech therapy which are listed below:-
- Leech therapy or Raktamokshana is actually a blood purification therapy where leeches are used to suck the impure blood from the infected part of the body.
- The patient does experience a little bit of pain when the leech bites or sucks the blood from a point on your skin. But this is a bearable pain and the treatment is very safe without any side effects. However, there can be mild redness or skin rashes post the therapy which will disappear within 24-48 hours depending on the patient’s response.
- Another important thing to understand is that leeches are parasites with an enzyme in their saliva that gets released in the patient’s blood when leeches bite on a skin area. This saliva stops the patient’s blood from clotting; the saliva also has antiseptic properties. So the pain of leech bite or sucking is over the moment its saliva mixes with the blood.
- Leech therapy is an advanced form of treatment in Ayurveda. You may not see many Ayurvedic practitioners doing leech therapy. One, medicinal leeches are not easily available. Secondly, only an expert Ayurvedic Vaidya can manager and administer Leech therapy for best results. The cleanliness and hygiene element play a vital role in the success of Leech therapy. That’s why one should always get it done from renowned Ayurvedic doctors.
Leech Therapy is no less that magic wand and can cure many a health problems. Take a look at what all can be cured by this therapy:-
- In case of diabetic foot injury or gangrene leading to foot amputation – One of the most horrible problems associated with Diabetes is foot injury which can lead to Gangrene because diabetes stops blood from reaching the foot owing to blockage of blood vessels. Gangrene or Diabetic foot injury can be fatal and in some cases, the patient has to opt for amputation. But, thanks to this Leech therapy, one can save the foot as well as the trouble of spending money on a surgery! At Chandigarh Ayurveda Centre, experts have saved many a patients from getting their foot amputation with the help of leech therapy only.
- Leech therapy for skin problems – Forget PRP therapy or face surgical treatments; Ayurveda has a better way of addressing your skin problems like infections, eczema or many other problems beyond skin. And that is Leech Therapy – Raktamokshana. Skin problems are so common these days. Teenagers suffer from acne and pimples for which they use cosmetic products and make the problem worse. Then, there are problems of blemishes or skin allergy that may happen due to over-exposure to sun or some internal toxic problems. Skin problems like Psoriasis or skin rashes which may break down a person’s confidence. Leech therapy can be used to cure all these problems. It gives best results without any side effects.
- Leech therapy is also used successfully to manage problems like High Blood Pressure and Arthritis.
- Leech therapy improves blood circulation and metabolism as well. Research has proved that the saliva of leech has over 100 bioactive substances that bring amazing health benefits. Like one of the useful components in Leech’s saliva is known for decreasing the viscosity of the blood. This helps the patients suffering from the problem of blood clotting happening commonly post diabetes or high cholesterol. The saliva of leech makes the consistency of blood thinner resulting in improved blood circulation.
- Leech therapy has shown its effectiveness in treating Hemorrhoids, also known as piles.
So, next time, you are having problems with your skin or see someone suffering from foot injuries or incurable wounds, do not forget to recommend Leech therapy.
Chandigarh and its adjoining cities are blessed to have the expertise of Vaidya Jagjit Singh and Vaidya Karanvir Singh who have helped thousands of complex cases through Leech therapy and treatments. To avail their guidance for problems relating to Skin diseases like psoriasis, acne or Varicose veins or even for Haemorrhoids which can be solved through Leech therapy, you can book an appointment with them at Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre.