Nasya is among the best 5 Panchakarma therapies; it helps in total detoxification of the nose. Yes, in this therapy, herbs are applied into the nose. Basically, Ayurveda believes that nose is the main root of all the sinuses in the head, and is also the gateway into your lungs.
In Nasya treatment, our therapist will apply oil or ghee in the nose and they will be combined with other herbs also. It’s important to perform the therapy properly; it helps in enhancing sensory and mental acuity; mental clarity is promoted and it paves way to happiness.
The nose is cleared of sinuses and obstructions and cleansing is promoted. Even the flow of lymphatic fluid becomes proper. A clear voice is bestowed and the body becomes light. Nose dryness is soothed and disease symptoms are eliminated.
When you constantly do Nasya, the texture of the skin will be considerably improved and graying of hair will be stopped. The flow of prana is increased through pingala nadis and ida nadis. The arms, shoulders and neck are strengthened. Even for all chronic disorders of the neck, head and the central nervous system, this procedure is very good.
With Nasya, the excess doshas are eliminated from the head. The ghee or the oil that’s applied properly cleanses the system and helps in total nourishment. Oil is quite nurturing and it softens gradually with the passage through that particular tissue. Through this process, smooth flow of prana and oxygen is promoted. Blockages or stagnation is eliminated and hence, there is no discomfort whatsoever.
Well, when we talk about Nasya, there are 2 kinds of them. One is Shodana Nasya and the other is Shamana Nasya. In Shamana Nasya, the imbalance can be pacified and it’s quite nourishing and calming to the central nervous system. Shodana Nasya helps in the removal of excess from our bodies and performs the detoxification really well. The head channels are cleared.
HOW IS IT PERFORMED?
At Chandigarh Ayurved Center, firstly, an oil massage will be given. Steam will be given to the neck, ears, head and the forehead. This way, adhesive doshas can loosen. Then Pradhan Karma is performed; our therapist will administer herbal Luke warm medication in both the nostrils alternatively, thereby allowing the liquid to smoothly flow through the nasal passages. Then, the palm, ear, neck and shoulder are massaged thoroughly.
4 KINDS OF NASYA TREATMENTS
1. PRADHAMANA NASYA
In this, we give dry powders through a nasal tube. Mainly, this is for headaches, sinus, nasal congestions, inflammation and Parkinson’s disease etc.
2. SHAMAN NASYA
In this, we use herbal teas and they are mainly for all kinds of Pitta complications. The other name for Shaman Nasya is sedative nasya.
3. NAVANA NASYA
In this, Kapha-pitta and vata-pitta disorders are treated with perfection. Our therapists will put herbal oils through the nostrils of the patient.
4. MARSHYA NASYA
In this, our therapist will use oil or ghee. The main aim of the therapy is easing the discomfort related to the disorder and not the disorder itself.
- It has shown great benefits in treating cervical spondylitis, migraine, headaches etc. powders and medicated oils help in stimulating vital brain centers and also help in reducing the perception of pain.
- It also helps to reduce stress. Medicated oils and drugs are administered through nostrils. Emotions are regulated
- Nasyam is a very good panchakarma therapy for de-toxification. Yes, the entire nasal passage is detoxified with perfection.
- When you opt for Nasyam regularly, the skin complexion sees an improvement. There is an improvement in the hair texture also. Even graying of hair is prevented.
- Can even treat paralysis. Since medicines reach the brain through nasal cavity, even paralysis can be treated.
- You can use this for treating disorders like stress and pain in elders.
- Many people have low immunity. Since the herbs used in this treatment are immunity boosting ones, good benefits can be seen.
- It’s good for eye care also. Medicines that are administered through this passage help to regulate the vision.
- Mental health can also be properly regulated. Emotions and mood can be enhanced to a great extent.
At Chandigarh Ayurved Center, we offer effective Nasya therapy that leads to a happy and healthy life. It is an affordable therapy that’s packaged with a number of benefits. You can book your appointment by calling us right away. Our therapist will ensure a comfortable experience for you.