Well, the name Pizhichil is derived from Malayalam name which implies Taila seka or Kaya seka. In some places, it’s also known as Sneha Dhara Ayurvedic treatment. It has been used in Ayurveda since years and it offers excellent benefits. For many patients, good psycho-somatic healing is possible with this procedure.
Well, in this therapy, ghee or herbal oils are poured on the patient’s body in streams. The duration for the same is fixed. It’s also termed Parisheka Sweda i.e. sweat is induced. Our therapists will pour warm or hot liquids and will sprinkle them or shower them on the person’s body and that too in proper streams.
Sometimes herbal oils are used while at times ghee is used. Our therapists might use a combination of the two whenever needed. When the herbal oil is being poured, therapists simultaneously massage the body so that the treatment benefits are maximized.
This treatment is categorized under fomentation i.e. swedana. If we talk precisely, the category is Parisheka sweda i.e. a stream pouring of buttermilk, kashayam, milk, ghee, oil etc.
The procedure benefits a lot in the treatment of vata disorders such as musculoskeletal and neuromuscular disorders such as fibromyalgia, myalgia, osteoarthritis, GB syndrome, paralysis etc. Degenerative conditions can be well handled. Even high pitta conditions where you can see many changes in inflammation, can be tackled with the procedure. Our therapists firstly diagnose the kind of problem you are suffering from and then, after thoroughly diagnosing everything, they will use the oils or herbs accordingly.
GIVEN BELOW ARE SOME SUBTYPES OF THIS THERAPY:-
- First is Taila Dhara – In this therapy, we make use of medicated oils.
- Ghrita Dhara – In this, we make use of medicated ghee.
- Yamaka Dhara – In this, we use a combination of ghee and medicated oil. The benefits of this are double and it’s good for serious conditions.
KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PROCEDURE
Pizhichil is considered to be a gentle massage with herbal oils. It’s a synchronized treatment in Ayurveda in which constant flow of warm oil is done. The rejuvenation feeling is 100 percent; it helps in enhancing muscle tone and it also calms down the whole nervous system.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE PERFORMED?
As we said above, it’s a tender massage that is done on all the parts of the body right from head to toe. Our therapist will ask the patient to rest on the table i.e. droni. 2 or 4 of them perform this procedure. Sometimes, the physician also supervises it. Well, the administration of the same is done in 7 positions so that all the body parts are covered properly.
Our therapist will dip cloth in hot or lukewarm water and then will squeeze on the body of the patient uniformly. It is rubbed smoothly so that there is no discomfort for the patient. Continuous oil is poured on the body and then it is rubbed and stimulated with hands and cloths. Our therapists take proper care so that the head doesn’t sweat. This is the reason why a cloth is tied on the person’s forehead. Even the duration of the procedure differs from person to person.
BENEFITS OF THE PROCEDURE
The therapy does a lot rather than just rejuvenating the whole body. Even the mind is soothed and the stress is relieved. Given below are some benefits of the same.
- Circulation of blood is improved. Yes, there is a lot of improvement, thanks to the stimulation and warmth that’s obtained due to massage.
- The body is completely detoxified. In this procedure, profound sweating is caused. Due to this, the toxins are eliminated from the body. Hence, complete detoxification is possible. The skin is kept glowing and healthy.
- Anxiety and stress is reduced. With this treatment, stress, tension and anxiety is reduced. The mind is also calmed down. In many cases, this therapy has been successful in treating irritability and depression.
- Overall health is improved. Pizhichil therapy helps in improving overall physical and psychological health. It ensures you are healthy and fit.
Come to Chandigarh Ayurveda Centre if you want total relief from all your problems. The therapy Pizhichil helps you rejuvenate and relax and at the same time saves you from all sort of problems.