Acidity Is The Only Problem That Interferes Your Daily Activities
Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity :Acidity is the only problem that interferes your daily activities. About 150 million people suffer from digestive diseases that ultimately give birth to the acidity. The excessive formation of acid in the body gives rise to many other diseases.
The wrong eating habits (eating excessive junk food, spicy food, processed food), sedentary lifestyle (not doing any activities like exercise, playing games, sports, etc), prolonged sitting jobs is the major reason for acidity. Acidity is the acid reflux that leads to heartburn in the lower chest when stomach acid flows back into the food pipe. When a person fell acid reflux for more than twice a week he/she is finally diagnosed with Gastroesophageal reflux disease. People use to take antacids for a long period that causes side-effects on the body. So instead of that, you should start with ayurvedic and herbal treatment.
What are the Signs & Symptoms of Acidity?
The signs & symptoms that are easily noticeable in acidity patients are:
- Burning sensation in the chest region
- Bad breath
- Sore throat
- Pain in abdomen
- Dry cough
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive thirst
- Mouth ulcers
- Itching on the body
- General weakness
What are the Causes of Acidity?
There are different causes that can form the acidity in an individual mentioned below:
- Eating food items that are not healthy like (fried food, cheese, butter, processed food, pickle, spicy food, papad, maggie, & pasta, etc).
- Obesity is the main reason for acidity.
- Drinking beverages like coffee, alcohol, carbonated drink, tea, etc.
- Excessive intake of food items like tomato, onions, garlic, citrus fruits, chocolate, red chilies, green chilies, etc.
- Drinking alcohol
- Being pregnant
- Excessive intake of blood pressure medications, aspirin, ibuprofen, muscle relaxant, etc.
- Not performing any activities like playing games, sports, exercise, yoga, etc.
- Excessive consumption of non-vegetarian food.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity?
Know about Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity : Ayurveda has numerous herbs in nature that reduce all the signs & symptoms of acidity. Acidity is correlated with “Amalpitta” in Ayurveda. The imbalance of mainly pitta dosha is there as compared to others. So the ayurvedic medicines work on the root cause to balance excess pitta in the body. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides a complete pack known as “Acidity Care Kit” for the herbal treatment of Acidity without causing any side-effects in the body. This herbal pack comprises of four products in it that contain various herbs creating cooling & calming effect in the body.
All Products Description In Detail:
1. Agnimukha Churna
This herbal churna is prepared from ingredients like Vacha (Acorus calamus), Pippali (Piper longum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), etc that balances vata & kapha doshas in the body. It gives effective results in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain, constipation, loss of appetite, flatulence, bloating, intestinal gas, intestinal gas, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take a half teaspoon of this churna twice daily with normal water.
2. Puran Pachak
Puran Pachak is a herbo-mineral Syrup of 200 ml and is Purely Ayurvedic formulation. CAC Puran Pachak syrup helps in Digestion, Supports the Digestive system, and Maintains the doshas in our body. It also helps to remove out impurities or ama from the body. This syrup reduce the Acidity, Detoxify the blood and also Supports the body health. It shows Antacid, Digestive, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Expectorant, and Antioxidant properties. This syrup is made up of pure ayurvedic herbs such as Mulethi, Saunf, Vasakha, Ajwayan, Prpati etc. that helps to maintain the Digestive system and in the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
3. Panchsakar Churna
This churna is very effective for acidity patients as it shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, laxative, & analgesic properties. It is a classical herbal churna prepared from ingredients like Shatapushpa,Balaharitaki, Shunthi, Swarnapatri, & Saindhav lavana. It helps in removing all toxins
from the body & provides good results in acidity. All signs & symptoms related to acidity are treated with the regular use of this churna.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with warm water.
4. Sheet Dhara Syrup
This herbal syrup is prepared from ingredients such as ajwain satav, mushak kapoor, peppermint, etc that naturally relieve the symptoms like bloating, blenching, nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort, etc. The regular use of this herbal syrup neutralizes the high acid content, reduces
abdominal pain, & cramps.
Recommended dosage: Take half teaspoonful of this syrup in half a cup of water. Drink this mixture twice daily on an empty stomach.
5. Liver Care Tablet
These tablet are 100% safe and purely ayurvedic formulation. It maintains the proper functioning of the liver and stimulate the growth of new liver cells. Liver Care Tablets contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc. These herbs balances excess Pitta Dosha and helps in problems like abdominal bloating,flatulence, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and indigestion.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
6. Pitta Balance Tablet
Pitta doshas is responsible for digestion, metabolism, blood quality, thirst, appetite, eyesight, skin color and quality, body temperature, and mental abilities of intelligence and courage. Pitta doshas is composed of a fire element that digests almost everything that a person eats or drink. The eaten food is transformed into energy for the body to use in various functions of the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment for Acidity?
Panchakarma is another way to treat acidity naturally. As in panchkarma procedures medicated oil, herbs, Ghrita, etc is used for removing it. If a patient follows proper ayurvedic medicines, panchakarma procedures, and diet, then the root cause of acidity will be treated. It will not occur in the future. So Chandigarh Ayurved Centre recommends the best ayurvedic treatment for acidity patients that will show results in few days.
For acidity patient’s deepan, pachan, & virechan is the best procedure.
- Deepan Pachan: In deepan pachan certain dravyas are recommended that to the patients. These Dravya will balance the jatharagni, improve digestion, reduce acidity, bloating, belching, etc.
- Virechan: This procedure will maintain the proper functioning of Agni that will reduce the vidagha awastha of pitta in the body. Virechan will balance the vitiated state of pitta dosha in the body & results in maintaining a proper digestive system. In this procedure, purgation is induced by drugs that will eliminate excess pitta dosha from the body.
Healthy Tips & Diet for Acidity Patients:
- Drink plenty of water and juices prepared at home.
- Include raw vegetables & fruits in your diet as a salad.
- Prepare an herbal tea from 3 to 4 basil leaves, boil in two cups of water until remaining one cup. Strain the mixture, let it cool down, & drink this once.
- Fennel seeds reduce acidity, improves digestion, solve indigestion issues. You can eat one teaspoon of fennel seeds after meals. Or take a teaspoon of fennel seeds in two cups of water. Boil until remaining one cup. Strain the mixture let it cool down and drink this once.
- Drinking buttermilk is good in acidity by adding a pinch of black pepper and rocksalt, & coriander leaves.
- Green coconut water is also good for acidity patients.
- Consume cold milk by adding a pinch of green cardamom & fennel seeds powder in it.
- Eat fruits like papaya, apple, watermelon, muskmelon, banana, apricot, etc.
- Avoid fast & processed food items.
- Add whole grain in your diet and avoid white flour (maida).
- Do perform yoga poses like Kapalbhati Pranayama, Halasana, Bhastrika Pranayam, Vajrasana, Pawanamuktasana, Ushtrasana, & Anulom vilom Pranayam, etc.
Acidity Problem Solution in Ayurvedic
A diet containing excessive amount of foods which cause acidity in the body is one of the major causative factors for headaches. Avoiding the foods which cause heartburn, indigestion, flatulence and constipation can reduce the problem to a considerable extent. Certain foods contain Phosphorous and Amino Acids which are present in high quantity in proteins. These are responsible for causing headache. Hence it is necessary to keep away from such food items to avoid acidity problem.
Which Ayurvedic medicine is best for acidity and gas?
Shatavari, Yashti, Durva , Amalakki, Shunti are some of the Ayurvedic medicines for indigestion and gas. The ayurvedic medicine for gastric problems can resolve the hyperacidity problems and restore balance in pitta.
Questions 1: What is the best Ayurvedic medicine for acidity?
Answer : 1. Amalaki (Indian gooseberry) – 3 gm twice a day with water.
2. Sunthi (dry ginger) – 1- 3 gm twice a day with water.
3. Shatavari – 3 gm twice a day with milk.
4. Yashtimadhu – 3 gm twice a day with milk.
Questions 2: What causes acidity Ayurveda?
Answer : There are various reasons that may result in acidity or hyperacidity. Some of them include improper food combinations, stress, sleep deficit, lack of exercise and overindulgence in fatty and oily foods. Ayurveda suggests some ways to cure acidity. Let us take a look at these remedies.
Question 3: How can I stop acidity instantly?
Answer : Whether you are experiencing acidity after having some coffee or it’s a general problem, here are some tips to reduce the symptoms: – Boil some mint leaves in water and have a glass of this after meals. – Sucking on a piece of clove is another effective remedy. – Jaggery, lemon, banana, almonds and yogurt are all known to give you instant relief from acidity. – Excessive smoking and drinking will increase acidity, so cut down.
Question 4: Can triphala cure acidity?
Answer : Triphala is a traditional Ayurvedic formula of three fruits said to detoxify the liver and spleen, and act as a laxative. In addition to laxative action, recent research has found Triphala potentially effective for several clinical uses such as appetite stimulation, reduction of hyperacidity, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulating, antibacterial, antimutagenic, adaptogenic, hypoglycemic, antineoplastic and anticarcinogenic.
Tag : Home Remedies For Acidity , Acidity Problem Solution in Ayurvedic , Ayurvedic Treatment for Heartburn , Ayurvedic Treatment for Low Stomach Acid, Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity in Stomach, Ayurvedic Medicine for Acid Reflux Treatment, How to Reduce Acidity in the Body Ayurveda, Ayurvedic Medicine for Headache Due to Acidity
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.