What is Azoospermia?
Azoospermia is a condition when there is an absence of sperm in males. In this situation, there is no sperm found in the fluid on a routine analysis of semen. It is usually an unpleasant surprise for males, which leads to infertility. This condition is seen in 1% of all males & 15% of infertile males.
What are the Signs & Symptoms of Azoospermia?
The different signs & symptoms associated with Azoospermia patients are mentioned below in detail:-
- Presence of little or no semen
- Pain while passing urine
- Pain in the pelvic region
- Abnormal puberty
- Difficulty with ejaculation
- Low sex drive
- Testicles are smaller than lower
- Abnormal puberty
- Reduced male hair growth
- Muscle loss
- Enlarged breasts
- Swelling, pain, & lump in the testicle area
- Chromosome or hormone abnormality
What are the Two Types of Azoospermia & its Causes?
Azoospermia is divided into two categories:
1) Obstructive Azoospermia:
In obstructive azoospermia, sperms are produced inside the testicles. Obstruction or blockage is seen in the reproductive tubing that prevents the sperm to flow outside the world. The causes of obstructive azoospermia can be congenital, genetic, or acquired.
Other causes are:-
- Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that interrupts the sperm ducts to stop the flow of sperm.
- Congenital conditions: In this situation, some men are born with missing vas deferens other men are born with a cyst in the prostate that creates a blockage in ejaculatory ducts.
- Infections: In this condition, infections of the testicles, prostate, or reproductive tract like epididymitis, prostatitis, orchitis, & venereal diseases like chlamydia take place. It can cause a blockage of the ejaculatory duct or small tubules of the epididymis.
- Surgical complications: The procedures that are performed during surgery on the urogenital organs or hernia repair cause scarring that results in blockage.
2) Non-Obstructive Azoospermia:
Non-obstructive Azoospermia is a condition, in which the tubes are open, there is no production or low level of sperm production. This level is too much low that the sperm is not able to make the way out of the testicle.
The causes of non-obstructive azoospermia is abnormalities with the reproductive hormones or the testicles that control the production of sperm. It can be congenital, genetic, or acquired.
- Genetic causes: The most common chromosomal problem that causes azoospermia in male is when there is an extra X chromosome (Klinefelter Syndrome). Another causes of azoospermia is deletion of Y-chromosome that is responsible for male characteristics. When one or more genes are deleted in the chromosomes it results in azoospermia. Most of the genetic issues produce small amounts of sperm within the testicles.
- Hypospermatogenesis: This situation is found through routine semen analysis in which sperm production within the testicle are just at lower amounts than normal.
- Varicocele: It is characterized by varicose veins around the testicle that causes male infertility.
- Maturation arrest: It can occur at early or late stage of sperm maturation process.
- Testicular cancer: Testicular cancer or other tumors of the reproductive system is responsible for azoospermia or very low sperm counts.
What is the Ayurvedic Point of View on Azoospermia?
According to Ayurvedic point of view Azoospermia is correlated with Klaibya, Shanda, Napunsaka that indicates impotency. All three doshas (Vata, Pitta, & Kapha) are imbalanced in Azoospermia.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment for Azoospermia?
In Ayurved, there is a proper treatment of Azoospermia that treats patient from the root cause. All the signs & symptoms related to azoospermia is treated with proper use of ayurvedic medicines. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre introduces a special kit that contain ayurvedic medicines in it. This kit is known as “Azoospermia Go Kit” that is composed of five medicines that are mentioned below in detail:
Ayurvedic Medicine for Azoospermia
All Products Description in Detail:
1) Detox Premium Powder:
Detox premium powder is a herbo-mineral preparation that contains parwal pishti, giloy satv, shukta pishti, tal sindoor, gandhak rasayan, moti pishti, etc. These ingredients in combination deal with the azoospermia condition & remove toxins out from the body. It will deal with the painful urination, pelvic pain, muscle loss, enlarged breasts, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
2) Triphala Syrup:
Triphala syrup is a pure herbal formula that contains ingredients such as Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), & Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica). These ingredients in combination show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, & immuno-modulator properties. It is beneficial for dealing with the signs & symptoms related to azoospermia patients.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
3) Men Power Plus:
Mostly at one age men may suffer from low self-esteem and become negative. This also occurs because they are facing problems in their sexual life. There might be early ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. A feeling of inferiority also occurs and they feel hesitate to visit a doctor or discuss this problem. It also affects their relationship and leads to fighting, divorce, loss of self-confidence, the stress in their personal life.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.
4) Nerve-Up tablet:
These tablets are pure ayurvedic formulation. Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas and kapha dosha. It acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet also helps in Azoospermia.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
5) Makar Rasayan:
It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchla, guduchi satva, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, ras sindoor, moonga bhasma, shankh bhasma, praval pishti etc. These ingredients shows antioxidant, aphrodisiac, analgesic and immune modulator properties. It helps to rejuvenate body tissues and act as an immune modulator, Immunity booster, Improves vitality, improves the overall health of an individual, Act on Central Nervous System, Help reduces stress and anxiety.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
6) Shilajit Satva:
This is the Ayurvedic formulation of Shilajit satav. It is a potent Immunity Booster and acts as an antioxidant, possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It has a tremendous effect on Male Infertility, Anemia, Alzheimer disease, improves brain functions, Fatigue, various Tumors and Cysts like PCOD in females. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties it works on inflamed lymph nodes as well. It balances blood sugar, increases absorption of nutrients, helps in detoxification.
Recommended Dosage – 5 to 10 drops of Shilajit to be mixed in one glass of Luke warm milk.
7) Nerve Plus Tablet:
These tablets shows Anti-bacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, and immune- modulator properties. It contains herbal ingredients Ghritkumari (Aloe barbadensis), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum), Giloy satav (Tinospora crdifolia), shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, shudha vatsnabh, shudh singraf. It is beneficial for erectile dysfunction, diseases of stomach, stimulating nerves and appetite, promotes the level of testosterone naturally.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
What is the Panchakarma treatment for Azoospermia?
The above ayurvedic medicines is sufficient for Azoospermia patients there is no need for panchakarma treatment. All medicines in Azoospermia Go Kit is beneficial, effective, & result-giving.
Healthy Tips & Lifestyle for Azoospermia
- Include green leafy vegetables & fruits in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Include nuts like almonds, walnuts, pistachios, raisins, figs, etc. in the diet.
- Perform exercises & walk daily for 30 minutes.
- Drink green coconut water & fresh juices in your diet.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.