Hair shedding is part of a day to day life — some hairs fall out while others grow in. This is natural process by which balance is maintained . When this balance is interrupted that is when hair fall occur is more and growth of hairs become less — hair loss happens. Hair loss is different than hair shedding. In medical term hair loss is known as “alopecia.”
Hair loss (alopecia) can affect scalp or entire body, and it can be temporary or permanent.
Hair loss can appear in many different ways, depending upon the causative factor . Symptoms can show sudden or gradual effect and affect just your scalp or your whole body.
Signs and symptoms may include–
- Gradual thinning on top of head– This type of hair loss is affecting the people with age and is the most common type of hair fall.
- Patchy bald spots – In this skin may become itchy and painfull.
- Sudden loosening of hair – A physical or emotional shock can cause hair to loosen.
- Full-body hair loss – Some medical conditions and medical treatments, such as chemotherapy for cancer, can result in the loss of hair all over your body.
CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS –
Hair loss may occur due to following factors-
- Hereditary factors – Most common cause of hair loss in women and men affecting with age.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions – Lot of conditions in which hormonal changes occur can lead to hair loss. For eg. in PCOS , during pregnancy in women. It is also seen in medical conditions like in autoimmune disorders, Thyroid etc.
- Medications -It can occur as a side effect of certain medications , such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure.
- Chemotherapy also causes hair lose
- Stress-This can also happen after a stressful time in your life, such as a divorce or death of a loved one.
- Hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyles that pull your hair tight cause friction can lead to a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. If scarring occurs, hair loss is of permanent type.
- Age – With age, most people notice some hair loss because hair growth slows down and hair also starts to lose its color.
Treatment of hair loss depend upon the underlying cause. Treatments for some types of hair loss are-
- Medications – Minoxidil, Finasteride, spironolactone and oral dutasteride . These have effective results to restore hair growth.
- Hair transplantation
- Laser therapy
AYURVEDIC CONCEPT OF HAIR LOSS
The Ayurvedic Science is based on the concept of keeping the tridoshas in balance. According to Ayurveda, hair fall occurs when there is an imbalance in these dosha. Thus, in order to prevent hair loss , you need to work upon balancing your doshas.
Hair loss is co-related with khalitya and inderlupta in ayurveda. In which dushti of tridoshas along with rakta dhatu occur.
TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA FOR HAIR LOSS
In Shirodhara, warm liquids formulated with Ayurvedic herbal ingredients are poured on your forehead
Shirodhara therapy is extremely beneficial to balance Vata and Pitta doshas in the body. It not only decreasing your hair loss, but also has a calming effect on your mind that reduces stress, induces sleep, regulates fluctuations in blood pressure.
Shiro abhyanga is the massaging the head, neck with warm medicated oils.
This increase the flow of oxygen and blood into scalp, thus, provide nutrients to your follicles. A regular practice Shiroabhyanga promotes healthy hair growth.
In Shirolepa, medicated dry powdered form are mixed into a fine paste . After applying this paste on your scalp is covered with banana leaf, leaving the top portion of the scalp, from where a medicated Ayurvedic oil is poured on to the lepa.
Shiro Lepa is best used to pacify Pitta dosha and is extremely beneficial in treating premature graying, hair fall, and dandruff.
Nasya is one of the best therapy for all type of urdhavjatrugat vikar mentioned in ayurveda . In nasya karma oil drops are instilled into the nostrils and allowed to hit the back of your throat internally. Purpose of giving nasya is to balance the tridosha and strengthen the CNS.
Ayurvedic Herbs Used As Hair Cleansers
Shikakai, Reetha, Triphala , Kumari (Aloe vera), Amla, Japa , Methi , Nimba(Neem), etc. are some of the commonly used Ayurvedic herbs for Hair cleansing.
TREATMENT OF HAIR LOSS WITH CHANDIGARH AYURVEDA CENTRE –
As ayurveda involves a holistic and intrinsic approach in treating hair loss by addressing the root cause.
All panchakarma therapies like Shirodhara, Shiroabhyangam, shiro lepa, nasya which are beneficial for treatment of hair loss availed at Chandigarh ayurveda centre.
Based on your current dosha levels, CAC helps you to incorporate the most effective hair care regimen with natural Ayurvedic products customized for your hair.
Hair Care Kit
This KIT contains the best ayurvedic formulations medicines that surely treat the condition of Alopecia.The kit contains following herbal products-
- HAIR LIVE TABLET
- AMLA JUICE
- HAIR LIVE OIL
- HAIR LIVE SHAMPOO
DESCRIPTION OF MEDICINE–
Hair Live Tablet
Hair Live Tablet contains ayurvedic herbs like Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Brahmi and many other. This kit gives a naturally strengthen the hair roots and provide smooth texture.
Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day
Amla Juice strengthen the muscles, provide relief from constipation, stimulate bowel movements, prevent the signs of aging, flush toxins out of the body and improve your hair texture and solve the problem of hair fall.
Dosage: Take 20 ml twice daily
Hair Live Herbal Shampoo
It is a natural Ayurvedic herbal solutions as hair cleansers, which boosts your hair growth by providing nourishment to your scalp besides cleaning action.
Method of usage– It is best to have hair wash at least twice or thrice in a week to keep the scalp clean and healthy.
Hair Live Oil
It contains the herbs that work on your hair and roots of hair in your scalp. It makes your hair shiny and thick.
Method of usage – Massage your hair once or as required
Use of these formulations not just cure the hair loss, but also prevents the reoccurrence.
For detailed information visit our website-
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.