When we heard about dengue fever it makes us scary as we lose whole energy and have a high-grade fever. Dengue fever is transmitted by a mosquito named as Aedes mosquito. It is a viral fever that is related to the viruses that cause yellow fever. This fever is most common in Western Pacific Island & Southeast Asia. Dengue fever can affect anyone but is more severe in people with compromised immunity.
This fever can be named with other names like dandy fever or breakbone fever. If you are having mild dengue fever it causes rash, muscle and joint pain, high fever. Severe dengue fever causes dengue hemorrhagic fever that causes a drop in blood pressure, severe bleeding, & sometimes death.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Dengue Fever?
In mild dengue fever, most of the people may experience no signs or symptoms. But these may begin in four to seven days after bitten by an infected mosquito.
- High-grade fever 104 F degree
- Muscle pain
- Bone & joint pain
- Pain behind the eyes
In severe dengue, the signs & symptoms include:
- Bleeding from nose or gums
- Blood in stools, urine, or vomit
- Difficulty in breathing
- General weakness
- Abdominal pain
- Persistent vomiting
- Cols skin
- Severe headache
- Platelet count decreases
What are the Causes of Dengue fever?
A mosquito bite is the main reason for dengue fever. When a mosquito bites an infected person with dengue virus, this virus enters the mosquito. After that when this infected mosquito bites another person the virus enters the bloodstream of that person.
What are the Risk Factors of Dengue Fever?
The risk factors related to dengue fever are:
- Being in tropical and subtropical areas increases the risk of dengue fever. As these mosquitoes are found in this area.
- Previous infection with dengue fever increases the risk of this disease.
What is the Ayurvedic view of Dengue Fever?
In Ayurved, Dengue Fever is correlated with “Dandak Jwara” it causes an imbalance of doshas in the body. It is caused by a mosquito bite.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment of Dengue Fever?
In Ayurved, there are numerous herbs present in nature that will manage all the signs and symptoms related to Dengue fever. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provided a complete kit known as Dengue Fever Kit that will build immunity against the viral infection caused by mosquito bite. This kit comprises of four products mentioned in detail given below:
All Products Description in detail:
1. Plajest Tablet
These are herbal tablets that are prepared from extracts of Papaya (Carica papaya) & Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). This herbal tablets reduce fever, maintain platelets, reduces general weakness, builds immunity in a fever patient.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
2. Premium Standard Detox Powder
This herbal sachet is prepared form ingredients like Parwal pishti, Shukta pishti, Giloy satv, Kamdudha ras, Akik pishti, Gandhak rasayana, Shankh bhasma, Sutshekhar ras, Shudhyog tablet, & Shwet parpati. These ingredients in combination show anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, immuno-modulator, etc properties that deal with the dengue fever patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
3. Giloy Ghan Vati
These herbal tablets are prepared from the extract of herb Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) that improves the immunity & prevent infections in the body. The antipyretic property of this herb reduces fever naturally. Giloy ghan vati shows antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, rejuvenating, immunomodulator, etc properties that relieves dengue fever signs and symptoms. These herbal tablets reduce kapha dosha, detoxifies pitta dosha, & pacifies vata dosha. This vati prevents all types of fever, deal with recurrent infection, cold, weakness, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
4. Ricoliv Syrup
This herbal syrup is prepared from ingredients such as Kutki (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kasni (Cichorium intybus), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Pippali (Piper longum), Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri), Amla (Emblica officinalis), etc that acts as a general liver tonic. This herbal syrup improves digestion, detoxify the body, & deal with general weakness related to dengue fever patient.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment of Dengue Fever?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre only provides ayurvedic treatment for dengue patients that are mentioned above. There is no need to do any panchakarma procedure in dengue patients. Only medicines will act in a good way and provide your relive from dengue fever.
Healthy tips & Diet Dengue Fever Patient :
- Drink green coconut water daily.
- Eat papaya fruit as well as drink juice prepared from the extract of papaya leaves.
- Drink pomegranate juice prepared at home and eat its fruit.
- Spinach increases the platelet level count so include this vegetable in your daily diet.
- Broccoli is a good vegetable that regenerates your blood platelets count so you can prepare a soup from this or eat in raw or cooked form.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet like brinjal, green peas, broccoli, cabbage, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, carrot, papaya, grapes, pomegranate, apple, watermelon, guava in daily routine.
- Also include complex carbohydrates & whole pulses such as ragi, whole wheat, brown rice, jowar, whole grain oats, yellow lentils, pink lentils, horsegram, chickpeas, etc.
- You can eat boiled two boiled egg white but avoid meat, chicken, fish, etc.
- Take plenty of rest for creating energy in your body.
- Do perform pranayam and yoga poses like anulom vilom pranayam, kapalbhati pranayam, nadi shodhan pranayam, sarvangasana, Matsyasana.
- Drink goat milk as it will help in increasing your platelet count.
- Avoid eating fried, fast & processed food products that make you unhealthy.
- Use freshly prepared juices and soups in the diet.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh