- June 13, 2019
- Posted by Dr. Karanvir Singh
- 0 Comment(s)
Women are facing many gynecological problems in their lives. One of them is endometriosis that is becoming common. It is considered as a painful disorder in which the endometrium grows outside the uterus. Endometriosis involves ovaries, tissue lining of the pelvis, & fallopian tubes in women. In endometriosis, the endometrial tissue gets thicken, bleed, & breakdown with each menstrual cycle. As these displaced tissues have no exit it gets trapped in the body. Finally, endometriomas are formed when endometriosis involves cysts & ovaries.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Endometriosis?
The signs and symptom that are common in an endometriosis patient are:
- Pelvic pain and cramps
- Painful periods
- Lower backache
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive bleeding during the menstrual period or intermenstrual bleeding
- General weakness
- Pain during intercourse
- Bleeding or spotting between periods
What are the Causes of Endometriosis?
The exact cause of endometriosis is exactly not known. There are different possible causes for endometriosis mentioned below in detail:
- Estrogen hormones transform embryonic cells that implant endometrial cells during puberty.
- In retrograde menstruation, the blood that contains endometrial cells flow back through fallopian tubes and into the pelvic cavity. These endometrial cells get attached to the pelvic walls and surface of pelvis organs.
- The tissue fluid or blood vessels transport endometrial cells to other body parts.
- A weak immune system destroys the endometrial tissue that is growing outside the uterus.
What are the Risk Factors of Endometriosis?
Some risk factors that increase the risk of endometriosis are:
- It is mainly seen in women between the ages of 30 to 40 years.
- Family history if your relative is dealing with this condition than you may have endometriosis.
- Medical history like uterine abnormalities, pelvic infection.
- Women having menstrual cycles of less than 27 days or menses lasting for more than 7 days.
- Lack of exercise, alcohol consumption, & caffeine raises the estrogen levels in the body.
- Never given birth to a child.
- Abnormalities in the reproductive tract.
- When your period starts at an early age.
What is the Ayurvedic view for Endometriosis?
As per Ayurved endometriosis is mainly due to kapha dosha that increases the buildup of cells like a tumor. It is also due to pitta imbalance like blood involvement, hormones imbalance, menstruation and inflammatory nature of the disease. The painful nature of endometriosis is due to vata imbalance in the body. Apana vayu causes downward flow of menstrual blood. So in short, the imbalance of all three dosha is responsible for endometriosis.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment for Endometriosis?
Ayurveda is the best way to treat any type of disorder as there are various herbs in nature. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides the best herbs with ayurvedic preparations for the treatment of endometriosis naturally. There are various herbal preparations that will balance all three doshas in the body & give fruitful results to endometriosis patients. The ayurvedic medicines for endometriosis are:
1. Kachnaar Guggul Tablets
These are classical herbal tablets that are in use for cyst type of problems. The tablets relieve all the signs and symptoms related to endometriosis patients. Kachnaar Guggul tablets are prepared from Kachnaar (Bauhinia variegate), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), etc that shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, etc properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
2. Trikatu Syrup
This herbal syrup is prepared from three ingredients like Long pepper (Piper longum), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), & Ginger (Zingiber officinale). Trikatu syrup reduces nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite related to endometriosis patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
3. Stri Poshak Syrup
This herbal syrup contain ingredients such as Ashok chall (Saraca asoca), Khadir chal (Acacia catechu), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Amla (Emblica officinalis), etc that maintain the health of a woman. It strengthens the reproductive system and treats endometriosis naturally.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
4. Stri-Poshak Capsule
The herbal capsules are prepared from ingredients like Ashok chall (Saraca asoca), Lodhar chall (Symplocos racemosa), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), etc that regulates menstrual cycle in a female. These capsules prevent endometriosis naturally.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily.
5. Panchsakar Churna
It is a classical formula that are prepared from Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Pippali (Piper longum), Trivrit (Operculina turpethum), & Sauvarchala lavana. This herbal churna relieves constipation that is a common problem in endometriosis patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with lukewarm water.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment for Endometriosis?
There are different procedures in Panchakarma that will treat the endometriosis by balancing all three doshas in the body. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre a best ayurvedic and panchakarma clinic that recommend following procedures for endometriosis patients:
- Abhyanga: In this procedure, the body is massaged with medicated oil for removing all toxins out from the body.
- Swedana: After massage, steam bath is done on the patient.
- Shirodhara: In this procedure, medicated oil is poured dropwise on the forehead. It will relax the stress in an endometriosis patient.
- Basti: Enema is recommended in this procedure with herbal medicated oil.
Healthy Tips & Diet for Endometriosis Patients:
- Avoid eating junk and processed food items.
- Include green leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in your diet.
- Avoid milk and milk products because it blocks channels the body.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, & caffeine.
- Include whole grains & legumes in your diet.
- Do perform yoga poses like Vajrasana, Malasana, Supta Baddha Konasana, etc.
- Drink green coconut water daily.
- You can also include fruit juices and soups in your daily routine.
- Walking is good for health so walk for 30 mins early in the morning.
- Drink two glasses of water early in the morning on an empty stomach.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.