I wake up tired, I stay up tired, I wake up in pain, I stay up in pain, I wake up with hope, I stay up with hope but still I’m fed up, these all a fibromyalgia patient feel in daily routine. Most of the people don’t have knowledge about fibromyalgia. It is a chronic disorder widespread with musculoskeletal pain that targets the soft tissues and muscles in the body. Fibromyalgia is also known as fibrositis. It is a chronic condition that causes stiffness, pain, tenderness of tendons, joints, & muscles. This condition occurs independently with other diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, etc.
It is seen that fibromyalgia is more common in women than in men. This disorder mostly takes place between the ages of 35 and 55.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF FIBROMYALGIA?
The signs and symptoms seen in fibromyalgia patient are:
– Pain and tenderness in muscles
– Widespread pain
– Joints stiffness
– Irritable bowel syndrome
– Tingling sensation in hands and feet
– Excessive pain during menses
– Urinary problems
– Breathing issues
– Skin diseases
– Breathing issues
– Non-rapid eye movement
– Mood swings
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF FIBROMYALGIA?
The causes of Fibromyalgia involve many factors such as various illnesses that aggravate fibromyalgia, genetic factors (run in families), psychological stress, & physical trauma. As per Ayurveda the accumulation of Ama (toxins), poor nourishment and digestion lead to fibromyalgia.
WHAT IS THE AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF FIBROMYALGIA?
In Ayurveda fibromyalgia is a disease that comes under vatavyadhi. The aggravation of vata dosha along with the accumulation Ama (toxins) gives rise to Fibromyalgia. The vata and kapha dosha is the main culprit in this disorder. In Ayurveda, there are numerous herbs present in nature that will deal with stiffness, fatigue, pain, mental disturbance, & loss of movement related to Fibromyalgia patients. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides the best ayurvedic treatment for this disorder known as Fibromyalgia Relief Kit that contains a combination of herbal products. These products will give effective results to the patient.
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:
DETAIL DESCRIPTION OF ALL PRODUCTS:
1) Brihat Vatchintamani Ras: These are classical herbal tablets that are in use since ancient times for many vatagat disorders. The tablets balance vata dosha in the body. All the signs and symptoms like pain, stiffness, depression, general weakness; muscle wasting, etc are treated with the regular use of these tablets. It is an herbal mineral preparation that contains ingredients like swarna bhasma, loh bhasma, Abhrak bhasma, rajat bhasma, kumari juice, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
2) Fibromyalgia Sachet: These herbal sachets are specially designed for fibromyalgia patients. It contains various ingredients like Parwal Shukti, Giloy satv, Jahar mohra pishti, Akik pishti, Yavakshara, Imlikshar that in combination helps in detoxification. These sachets reduce stress, anxiety, & inflammation. All signs and symptoms related to fibromyalgia are treated with the use of these sachets.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
3) Pain-O-Kill Syrup: This is an herbal syrup formed from ingredients like Ashwagandha root, Punarnava root, Hadjod stem, Methi seeds, Shallaki gum, etc that reduces pain naturally. The use of this herbal syrup reduces muscle tone, swelling, inflammation, anxiety, stress, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
4) Nirgundi Tablets: The main ingredient used for the preparation of these tablets is Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) that balances vata and kapha dosha in the body. Nirgundi herb shows antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, etc properties that reduce pain, stiffness, and inflammation of the joints. These herbal tablets calm down your overall nervous system that reduces anxiety, stress, and depression, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
5) Sheet Dhara Syrup: The syrup is prepared from ingredients like Ajwain satv, peppermint, etc that balances vata & pitta dosha. As vata is the main reason for Fibromyalgia, so it should be treated on time. Joint pain, stiffness, indigestion problem, Ama formation, indigestion, etc are treated with this herbal syrup.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful of sheet dhara syrup in 30 ml water. Drink this mixture early in the morning on an empty stomach.
6) Bala Ashwagandha Churna: This herbal churna contains Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) that maintains the overall nervous weakness. The use of this churna reduces pain, swelling, stiffness, & inflammation related to fibromyalgia patients.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily with normal water.
WHAT IS THE PANCHAKARMA TREATMENT OF FIBROMYALGIA?
Panchakarma provides very effective results to the patients along with the ayurvedic medicines mentioned above. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides various panchakarma procedures that will relieve all signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia patients. These procedures are mentioned below in detail:
1) Patra potli pind sweda (PPS): In this procedure, a bag is wrapped with herbal leaves. Dip in medicated oil. After that massage is done on your whole body with this potali.
2) Shashti Shali Pind Sweda (SSPS): This procedure is done with the shashti shali rice. In this, a bag is wrapped with shashti shali and cooked in herbal oil. After that, the massage is done with this potali on your whole body that will reduce stiffness, pain, & inflammation in fibromyalgia patients.
3) Nasya: In this procedure, medicated oil is poured in each nostril. This medicated oil will balance the vata and kapha dosha in the body that is the reason for fibromyalgia.
4) Shirodhara: Lukewarm medicated oil is poured on your forehead for calming your mind. This procedure will reduce stress, anxiety, fatigue, general weakness related in fibromyalgia.
5) Virechan: If the condition of the patient is better than Virechan is recommended. In this procedure, all toxins are removed from the body.
HEALTHY TIPS & DIET FOR FIBROMYALGIA PATIENTS:
– Drink green coconut water daily.
– Include soups and vegetable juices in your daily routine.
– Avoid tea, coffee, yogurt, alcohol.
– You can prepare an herbal tea from ginger, clove, cardamom, & cinnamon. Drink this herbal tea once daily.
– Avoid vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, etc.
– Do perform exercises or walk for 30 minutes daily.
– Drink carrot and beetroot juice.
– Do practice yoga poses like uttanasana, bhujangasana, setu bandha sarvangasana, & sooryanamaskar for strengthening your muscles.
– Perform Anuloma-viloma Pranayam & shavasana.
– Take a sound sleep of 8 hours at night time.
– Avoid eating fast and processed food items.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.