Vaidya Jagjit Singh is a 3rd generation Ayurved physician from his family and is the remarkable person responsible for setting up of the Chandigarh Ayurved and Panchkarma Centre in sector 32 and 22, Chandigarh and Zirakpur and he is also the first founder member of Guru Ravidas Ayurved University. He has done his B.A.M.S. from Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh. He is an admirable ayurvedic physician with specialization in Chronic ailments.
He has also experience as a lecturer of Bal Rog and Ras Shastra at the Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College and Hospital from 1992 to 2001 and is a member of Medical Science Faculty, Punjab University, Chandigarh since 2002.
He has been presented with various prestigious awards such as
- the State Award by the Punjab Government in the ‘field of learned profession’ in 2008, the Pranacharya Award by Indraprasthya Vaid Sabha in 2005,
- Dhanwantri Award by the All India Integrated Graduate Medical Association in 1996
- The lifetime achievement award in Ayurved.
- He was designated as a Rashtriya Guruby R.A.V. Department of AYUSSH, Govt. of India in 2015.
- He is also a senate member of Shri Guru Ravi Das Ayurved University, Hoshiarpur.
- He is a member of Center Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM under Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India) since 1995, State Organ transplant Committee Punjab Government
- Former member of the Board of Study, Punjab University, Chandigarh( 8 years).
- He also holds some prestigious designations such as the Chairman of Education Committee CCIM, New Delhi, Vice Chairman of the Board of Ayurved and Unani System of Medicine, Punjab, Senior Vice President of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyapeeth, Punjab Bagh at New Delhi.
- Former President of the All India Ayurved Congress of the, Chandigarh chapter.
- He went to Sri Lanka as the chairperson of Modern Ayurvedic Delegation via Gulfic Company in December 2017.
Radio and TV Shows:
His vast knowledge is reflected through his appearances in talk shows aired in numerous countries, live interviews on channels such as DD Punjabi, Hamdard, Just Punjabi and Shaan Punjabi and the numerous articles by him that have been published in English as well as Hindi newspapers. He has actively participated in sharing help tips on My FM 94.3 every day for a year.