HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AND HEALTHY DIET
The Dosha imbalance in the body happens due to unhealthy life standards, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise and low immunity and excessive use of chemical-based supplements or chemical based treatments for weight gain and to treat other health problems. But you can stay healthy or gain weight by following health tips.
Supplements alone don’t work. They’re a boost to your existing diet. If you eat junk and processed foods a lot, you won’t see good results. But if you’re open to making those changes, here are some tips are complementary to Ayurvedic medicine for weight gain:
- Include plant-based diet in your day to day meals, like soybeans, green vegetables, fresh fruits, fruit juice and vegetable smoothies.
- Avoid intake of Non-vegetarian food. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking. Include rice, beans, black gram, ghee, and wheat in your daily diet plan.
- Add some natural spices like ginger, cumin, black pepper, carom seeds, turm eric, Choti Elaichi, Badi Elaichi, Laung(cloves), Saunf(Anise) in your meals to improve your appetite.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Make sure you have at least 7-8 hours of undisturbed and sound sleep. Our metabolism goes out of order if we are suffering from constant insomnia but with a little bit of cow’s milk and turmeric powder cooked in it, you’ll doze off in no time. Before going to bed during sleeping time, avoid interruptions like using mobile phones, watching Tv etc. You can try massaging your feet before bed.
- Eat and enjoy your food in a noise-free place or distraction free place so that you can focus completely on your food.
- Eat your meal at average speed because too fast and too slow eating affects your metabolism and lowers the body’s rate of nutrient absorption.
- Avoid drinking water 30 minutes before meals and after having a meal.
- To strengthen your muscles and bones, massage your body with sesame oil. It improves whole body’s blood circulation.
- Try and keep your body toxin free. So, stay always hydrated throughout the day.
- Exercise regularly, it regulates our metabolism and enhances digestive fire you’ll eat more and gain weight.
- Drinking some lukewarm water with lemon juice after every meal. This will keep you hydrated as well as it will boost your digestion, and eventually increase your weight.
- Stress, anxiety, and depression can cause weight loss. Try to practice yoga and pranayama and learn how to relax and avoid processed foods or junk food. Instead, you can use instead different types of Ayurvedic weight gain tonics and powders since those are healthier options.
- If you’re eating meat and dairy, go for grass-fed lean meats and organic dairy products. Cook your meat portions in ghee and add some black pepper, salt, and spices. It will make the dish tastier and also will enhance your digestion.
- Add soy to your diet. Soy is a rich source of protein and is known to increase body weight.
- Don’t skip drinking fruit juices. Avoid the packed ones or canned. Even better if you have whole fruit.
- Spices like cinnamon, ginger, and cloves and herbs like oregano and parsley are known to increase appetite and promote weight gain.
- Eat mindfully. Yes, this is the most important tip. Whatever you eat, chew well so that it is properly digested. Don’t just swallow after a few bites because that won’t do you any good and won’t be used up by the body.
YOGA AND MEDITATION
Yoga and Meditation play a very important role in gaining weight naturally. Yoga and meditation manage your stress level and calms the mind down, hence balances the all three doshas of the body.
Pranayam is an essential to remove the harmful toxins from the body which are responsible for imbalance of all three doshas.
DETOXIFICATION BY PANCHKARMA THERAPIES
In Ayurveda, for every disease treatment, there are panchkarma therapies for detoxification is a must.
To get the best results from oral medications, detoxification is done prior to it. These therapies include : Vamanam(Emesis), Virechanam(Purgation), Anuvasanam and Niruha basti(Enema).
NATURAL HERBS USED FOR WEIGHT GAIN
Numerous kinds of spices and herbs are useful to GAIN WEIGHT NATURALLY.
Ashwagandha Is a natural nourishing herb that nourishes body cells and is a good sleep inducing herb. It also corrects hormonal imbalance and expells toxins out from the body.
- It has pungent smell, the avaleham formulation made from Ashwagandha has innumerable health benefits.
- It is rich in adaptogenic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory properties.
- The formulations of Withania somnifera plant acts as a sport supplement and offers strength, muscle mass, endurance and stamina.
- Apart from Ashwagandha, it’s avaleha is also enriched with the benefits of cardamom, milk, long pepper, clove, bhallataka, saffron, mace, patala, walnut, water chestnut, nutmeg, bamboo mannaloha bhasma, vanga bhasma, abhrak bhasma, and naga bhasma.
- It helps to reduce stress, anxiety and treat diseases like arthritis, fibromyalgia, insomnia, heart problems, boost immunity and is extremely beneficial for loss of libido in men.
Avaleha: 5-10 grams with milk. 2 times a day after meals or as suggested by the physician.
Ashwagandha powder : 300 -500 mg per day by mixing with warm water or milk.
Low immunity is one of the many responsible factors behind weight loss. Mulethi helps in this condition
- Mulethi boosts your immune system. It protects the lining of alimentary canals, improves digestion and promotes proper absorption of nutrients.
- Mulethi or Licorice is a quintessential ingredient in case of weight gain. The root of this plant has been used for curing a no. of ailments since a very very long time, be it strengthening the immunity, enhancing overall stamina and strength, the churna of the yashtimadhu roots does it all and works on overall health.
- The rich amount of of herbal ingredients in this ayurvedic formulation compensates for the lack of vitamins and minerals from the daily diet and therefore, guarantees increase in weight and muscle mass on regular consumption.
POWDER DOSE – 1-3 grams for adults, twice daily with lukewarm water or milk, before meals or as advised by the ayurvedic physician.
- Shatavari is a pure and harmonious herb. Its in nature is to calm your mind and reduce tension and stress. It nourishes the body cells and provides strength.
- The herb makes sure our entire body is hydrated, improves digestion, and boosts the immune system.
- It is named as the “Queen of Herbs”. Shatavari is super beneficial in regulating hormones and increasing body weight in women.
- This potent ‘female-friendly herb’ hold high significance in bolstering immunity, boosting digestion, treating anorexia nervosa, enhancing libido, promoting lactation and preventing stress and anxiety.
- By normalizing the Pitta, Shatavari makes sure to keep optimal body fluids, and therefore helps in weight gain.
Powder Dose: 1 fourth to half teaspoon with honey or milk, twice a day or as directed by the physician
Triphala improve digestion and flushes out the toxins from the body.
Cumin gives relief from bloating, gas, and acidity problems. Aids in digestion and proper assimilation of food. Hence, weight gain.
Turmeric is one of the antioxidant rich herbs in Ayurveda. It helps in balancing the body tridoshas doshas and protects you from various health complications which can lead to weight loss.
Cardamom is an antioxidant-rich herb in Ayurveda that helps to balance Vata and pitta dosha domination. Helps in weight gain.
It’s a flowering plant and its consumption makes the body healthy and strong. It improves your metabolism and promotes the healthy weight gain. This is one of the best Ayurvedic herbs for weight gain.
It boosts the immune system and strengthens the bones and muscles. Hence helps building muscle mass.
Chyawanprash needs no introduction because it is one of the most used dietary supplements in almost all Indian households.
- It is rich with powerful herbs, spices, minerals and plenty of vitamin C. This supplement extensively helps in the prevention of a variety of health ailments. It has tremendous immunomodulatory effects and rejuvenative and revitalizing properties.
- The herbal ingredients in this sweet-sour avaleha formulation includes Ashwagandha, Tulasi, elaichi, Safed Chandana, Amlaki, Neem, Pippali, Arjun, Brahmi, Kesar, Ghrita and Shahad.
- This supplement is not only beneficial for bolstering immunity but also help in weight gain, improves digestion, increase bone strength and density, and strengthen muscles.
- It is also known to improve skin health, and enhance fertility and promotes libido in women.
- As the name Badam paka signifies, this formulation is enriched with the nutrition of nuts. It has almond, pistachio, clove, ghee, cardamom, jaiphal, saffron, cinnamon, and swarna bhasma,
- This sweet avaleha preparation plays a vital role in providing the body with nourishment, strength and stamina. It facilitate weight gain, and energizes the body, but it also prevents stress, mental fatigue, microbial infections, and constipation.
Adult Dose : 10 gm with warm milk twice a day or as suggested by the ayurvedic physician.