“LET’S OPT FOR THESE PLANTS ON THE OCCASION OF
NATIONAL POLLUTION CONTROL DAY-2-Dec-2021”
Trees and plants are as important to humans as air and water, but human settlements are built by cutting them down. Man is paying a heavy price for this. He has to live with pollution. Countless diseases are being embraced, but now man has realized his mistake. By planting new trees, he is now paying off the debt of nature. Along with this, efforts are also being made to reduce the pollution of cities by increasing greenery in all the cities of the world.
For this, it is necessary to first know where the level of pollution is and then trees should be planted there accordingly. At the same time, it is also important to understand that trees improve the quality of the air, and not completely clean the air. To make the air clean, it is necessary to minimize carbon emissions.
Plants act as lungs for the atmosphere. They release oxygen and purify the air by absorbing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. The leaves of plants also absorb dangerous elements like sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide and make the air clean. Not only this, many types of polluted
elements stick on the velvety twigs and leaves of the plants and get washed away when water falls.
Pollution is more on roads than in residential areas. Therefore, trees with more dense and broad leaves should be planted here. The wider and denser the leaves, the more pollution they will be able to absorb. A research suggests that plants with small fibrous leave also plays an important role in controlling PM. For example, trees like cedar and cypress act as good air purifiers. Research has found that the leaves of these trees have the highest ability to absorb the toxic elements of PM 2.5.
If you want to find a concrete solution to the problem of air pollution, then these 5 plants should be planted in your own house.
1. Areca Palm
It is also called living room plant.
It absorbs toxic gases like formaldehyde, carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide from the air and gives clean oxygen.
For oxygen in the house, plant 4 Erica palm plants up to shoulder height and clean its leaves daily.
It needs to be kept in the sun once in three to four months.
2. Mother-In-Law’s Tongue Plant
It is also known as snake plant and bedroom plant.
Its most surprising thing is that it converts carbon dioxide into oxygen even at night.
To provide clean air for a man, plant 6 plants of waist height or height up to three feet inside the house.
3. Money Plant
Many people think about this plant that planting it in the house brings money, but this is not directly true.
Although this is indirectly true, because this plant cleans chemical toxins from the air and releases fresh air into the atmosphere, which keeps our health better, we get less sick and do not need to go to the doctor, which saves money.
Perhaps for this reason people would have named it Money Plant.
4. Golden Pothos
The name of this plant is also very big in the list of air purifier plants.
This plant; Grows in the light of bulb or tube light.
This plant can survive even in very humid environment.
This plant plays an important role in eliminating carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide gas
If you plant 3 plants of three feet height of Golden Pothos in the bedroom, then it will keep the environment of the entire bedroom pure.
This plant is not only known for its beautiful flowers but is also the most effective against indoor pollution.
It prevents five types of air pollution formaldehyde, benzene, trichloroethylene, xylene and ammonia.
Apart from the above mentioned plants, there are some other plants which play a very important role in reducing pollution.
These are: Bamboo Palm, Dracaena reflexa, Chinese evergreen, Peace Lilies, English Ivy, Boston fern, Dwarf Date Palm, Spider Plant and Weeping Fig.
So if you are looking for a way to get rid of air pollution and are spending a lot of money on air purifiers then just install the above mentioned plants in your house and get sustainable solution from air pollution at less cost.
Man is the best creation of nature. As long as he does not interfere with the work of nature, his life goes on smoothly and naturally. Due to the progress of science, the interest of man in industrial development has increased so much that he has almost never lost his harmony with nature. Scientists are of the opinion that there is no kind of filth in nature. His changed form does not harm the living world in any way.
This day also teaches us somewhere how horrific our carelessness can take about nature and how important it is for us to keep pollution under control.
On this day, many people raise slogans by writing slogans or quotes on the banner. The reason for celebrating this day is to give an important message to today’s youth.
Do you know why we celebrate National Pollution Control Day?
National Pollution Control Day is celebrated in the memory of those who lost their lives in the Bhopal Gas Tragedy. It is celebrated every year on 2 December in India to honor and remember those dead. The Bhopal gas tragedy occurred in the year 1984 on the intervening night of 2nd and 3rd December due to leakage of toxic chemical known as methyl isocyanate (MIC) along with other chemicals from the chemical plant of Union Carbide located in the city.
According to the report, more than 500,000 people (who died immediately around 2259) died due to leakage of toxic gas from the MIC. Later, it was announced by the Madhya Pradesh government that around 3,787 people had died related to the gas tragedy.
Around 8,000-10,000 people died in the next 72 hours, while the gas tragedy later led to the death of about 25,000 people due to diseases.
It has been recognized as the biggest industrial pollution disaster in history all over the world, for which serious preventive measures are needed to stay away from such type of disaster in future.
What is the Motto of celebrating it?
- One of the major factors in celebrating National Pollution Control Day every year is the management and control of industrial disaster as well as prevention of water, air and soil pollution (caused by industrial processes or manual negligence).
- Many laws were announced by the government to seriously control and prevent pollution all over the
- National Pollution Control Day is celebrated every year on 2nd December to make people and most of the industries aware to pay a lot of attention towards the need of Pollution Control Acts.
- National Pollution Control Board All good and bad works rules and laws are checked by National Pollution Control Board (NPCB) or Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) which is the government body for prevention of pollution in
- It always checks whether the environment friendly technologies are being used properly by all the industries or
- Natural resources like water, air, land or forests are getting affected fast by various types of pollution which is very important to protect them immediately by implementing the rules and regulations in the right
What are the control measures?
- Urban Wastewater Treatment and Reuse Project Scientific treatment of solid waste and its
- Reducing the production of waste sewage treatment facility Reuse of waste and energy generation from waste.
- Bio-medical Waste Treatment Facility Electronic Waste Treatment Facility Water Supply Project Resource Recovery Project Energy Saving Project Hazardous Waste Management in Urban Areas Projects on Clean Development
- Along with policy, proper implementation of rules and all preventive measures of pollution, many other efforts have been made by the state government to prevent
- Industries have to first follow all the rules and regulations implemented by the authority to reduce
What are the Reasons of Pollution and its effects?
- The reason for pollution in today’s industrial age, the number of motor vehicles, railways and factories have increased
- The more industries grow, the more heat they will Smoke emits a lot of carbon monoxide which is injurious to health.
- It has been estimated that in a journey of 960 km, a motor-vehicle uses as much oxygen as humans need for a
- Airplanes, oil refining, ceramics mills, leather, paper, rubber factories, require fuel. The smoke generated by the burning of this fuel causes pollution.
- This pollution does not remain constant in one place, but due to the flow of air, it affects the whole world at a rapid pace. Densely populated areas are more affected by
- Pollution spreads in the air and there is a lack of The reason for the increase of pollution Tokyo is the most polluted city in the world. Here oxygen cylinders are kept for the police at different places so that they can use them when needed.
- In the event of smoke and fog, a bandage has to be made on the mouth to filter the Even on this there remains an excess of diseases of the eyes, nose and throat. A soldier who handled traffic in London for four hours filled his lungs with as much poison as if he had smoked 105 cigarettes.
- The problem of population growth is also working behind the problem of Due to this population growth, the need to expand the villages, towns and metros is being felt. As a result, settlements are being established there by cutting the forest.
- Due to the lack of trees and vegetation, an imbalance has arisen in the natural action of The life-saving material that nature collects is being neglected. The healthy environment of nature has become defective.
- This is called the problem of environment or pollution. The environment is getting polluted due to the abundance.
- Noise pollution spreads due to the noise of vehicles and machines, due to which there is a fear of deafness in the ears.
- Human beings are becoming victims of many types of physical and mental diseases.
LET’S TRY TO PREVENT AND CONTROL IT
- Control required until humans harmonize with Until then his industrial progress is in vain. This progress needs to be kept under control.
- The machine should not rule us, we should rule the machine.
- We should stay away from such industrial development, which hinders our comfortable life.
- Let us not be deprived of the benefits of forests, mountains, water bodies and rivers.
- Along with the cities, the villages also remained prosperous because in many respects the cities depend on the.
- Along with the urban culture, the rural culture should also be flourished.
- Solution To avoid the problem of pollution, it is necessary that factories producing toxic gas, chemicals and sewage should be established in open places far away from the places of residence, so that the citizens get natural dose (oxygen, vitality).
- The drains that take out the sewage of the cities should be buried under the ground so that they do not pollute the environment.
- Understanding the importance of Van Mahotsav e. various gardens should be developed.
- There should be regular pollution checkups.
- Try to use Eco-friendly products.
- Plant trees on the sides of the roads.
- Plant more trees in your garden and indoors.
- The meaning of industrial progress and progress is that human beings remain happy, healthy and prosperous.
- For this it is necessary that more and more opportunities should be given to nature to do its work naturally.
We may find many different food labels that contain details on how food has been processed or grown. And how significant are buying natural and organic foods when it comes to healthy eating. Some terms are helpful and others are misleading. So, let’s have a look at few of these terms so as to see what they actually mean.
- NATURAL FOOD LABLES
- ORGANIC FOOD LABLES
- CAGE-FREE FOOD LABLES
- GRASS-FED FOOD LABLES
- FREE RANGE FOOD LABLES
- PASTURE-RAISED FOOD LABLES
- LOCALLY GROWN FOOD LABLES
ORGANIC FOOD LABLES
- This label indicates that a product has been grown by a sustainable farming process.
- Foods may only be marked as ‘organic’ if at least 95% of their agricultural ingredients are organic.
- In non-organic foods, any ingredients which meet organic standards can be listed as ‘organic’.
- USDA’s National Organic Program regulates labeling requirements for Organic claims on food products.
- Products that contain at least 70 % organic ingredients and are produced without synthetic methods are labeled “made with organic ingredients”.
- Organic foods must be produced without the use of most conventional pesticides, sewage sludge, synthetic fertilizers, irradiation, or genetic engineering.
- These foods are also produced using methods that promote the conservation of our natural resources.
- Organic meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products come from animals that are raised without the use of antibiotics or growth hormones.
- Organic crops must be grown in safe soil, have no modifications and must remain separate from conventionally grown crops.
- In the United States (US) there are 3 levels of organic claims:
- 100 % Organic- Products that contains 100 percent organic ingredients (excluding salt and water, which are considered natural) and a USDA Organic seal.
- 95 % Organic- products that contains a minimum of 95 % organic ingredients (excluding salt and water) and a USDA Organic seal.
- “Made with Organic” ingredients- Products contains at least 70 percent of ingredients are certified organic. The Organic seal of USDA can’t be used but “made with organic ingredients” as it would be pictured or specified on its packaging.
NATURAL FOOD LABLES
- The term “natural” broadly means that nothing artificial such as least processed, free of synthetic coloring, dyes, flavorings and preservatives.
- High fructose corn syrup and genetically modified organisms (GMO’s) may be labeled as “Natural”.
- Natural is largely unregulated by the USDA for most foods except egg, meat and poultry products.
- Foods containing eggs, meat or poultry must be minimally processed and never received antibiotics or growth-promoting hormones in order to be labeled “natural”.
CAGE-FREE FOOD LABLES
- The term cage-free inform that the animals were not kept battery cages and instead allowed move freely over a large area of open land.
- They are still in an enclosed facility, but with unlimited access to food and fresh water.
- This health claim does not mean that animals were free to roam in pastures or that they had access to the outdoors. Many cage-free claims are not certified, making it a misleading label.
GRASS-FED FOOD LABLES
- If an animal is grass- fed and grass-finished then their feed was composed entirely of grass, legumes, and green vegetation up until the animal was slaughtered.
- However, this label does not address the use of antibiotics, growth hormones, or pesticides.
- USDA defines “grass fed” as it applies to labeling but does not regulate it in any way.
- So when shopping for meat, you need to make sure you are getting 100% Organic, Grass-Fed meat.
- Grass-fed beef is leaner and has been shown to have healthier omega-3 fatty acids.
FREE RANGE FOOD LABLES
- There are many different food labels that contain information about how food was grown or processed.
- USDA has avowed this term for animals that were raised in a sheltered facility with limitless access to food, water, and access to the outdoors.
- It does not signalize that the animal went outside in its lifetime, only that there was a door to the outside.
- The term free range does not specify the outdoor conditions.
LOCALY GROWN FOOD LABLES
- Generally local food means food that was grown close to home.
- Many locally grown products are sold directly from the farm to the consumer through farm stands, farm markets and farmers markets.
- People buy locally for freshness of the food, financial benefits and less transportation of the food.
- This could be in your own garden, your local community, your state, or your region.
- Small local farmers mostly use organic methods, but sometimes cannot afford to become certified organic.
PASTURE-RAISED FOOD LABLES
- A “pasture raised” claim on meat, poultry, dairy, or egg labels means that the animals were raised spend more time outdoors than indoors, not continually confined indoors.
- USDA has not developed a definition for this term yet; however; many farmers use it to distinguish themselves from “free range” farms.
- This differs from free-range and the most norm label to look for when selecting eggs and chicken.
- Generally these animals are not given antibiotics or growth hormone, but you need to ask to be hundred percent sure.
POINT TO BE NOTED
- Visit a farmers market and talk to the farmers.
- Find out how they produce the fruits and vegetables they sell.
- In Summary, it is crucial to look at claims on the foods that you buy to be sure you are getting what you want.
- Be aware of the differences in labels so that you know what you are buying, particularly if it costs you more than conventional foods.
According to Ayurveda, skin has seven layers. It is the external largest organ of the human body. Skin is located not merely peripherally but extends itself to the deeper levels of the body. Therefore, its remedies also have to be penetrative. That is, most skin diseases are, rooted deeply into various dhatus or tissues (such as fat, muscles, blood etc.) There are several herbal medicines and cleansing processes in Ayurveda which in combination makes the best Ayurvedic treatment for skin diseases.
Some of the common skin diseases and conditions include:
- Boil (furuncle)
- Cold sores
- Neuro fibromas
- Skin cancer
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR SKIN DISEASES
Skin treatment in Ayurveda is probably the finest choice as the Ayurveda has given detailed description and analysis of the skin disorders and has narrated some of the best According to Ayurveda; lack of maintenance in any of the three bio-energies (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) can be the cause of skin disorders.
- Vata skin disorders- this lead to dryness of the skin with a rough appearance of skin. It can cause cracks and fissures.
- Pitta skin disorders – can cause burning sensation, redness, pus formation, ulceration, and can lead to fever.
- Kapha skin disorders- can cause itching, white discoloration, swelling, retention of fluids, etc.
Correcting skin diseases requires a multi-prong approach.
CAC AYURVEDIC SUPPLEMENTS FOR SKIN DISEASES AND THEIR BENEFITS
Chandigarh Ayurveda Centre offers a number of supplements for skincare. Ayurvedic medicine for skin diseases works on the root cause behind the skin disease and eradicates it permanently. Some of the Ayurvedic suppliments for skin diseases can help manage skin problems include:
PANCHATIKTA GHRITA GUGGULU:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is holistic ayurvedic formulation chiefly used for various skin diseases.
- This tablet promotes detoxification and rejuvenation.
- It is helpful in managing skin infections.
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu tablet is a natural source of anti – oxidant.
- It promotes engender vibrant and healthy skin.
- Patola(Cucumis acutangulus)
- Nimba(Azadirachta indica)
- Guduchi(Tinospora cordifolia)
- Vasa(Adhatoda vasica)
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice a day with plain water after meal.
SKIN CARE PLUS TABLET:
- This is a pure herbal and mineral Ayurvedic formulation.
- Skin care plus helps to maintain the texture of the skin depending on the type of skin you have.
- It contains several herbs such as Haridra khand, Panchnimb churna, Khadir chahal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Chopchini, Gandhak, Ajmoda that work very effectively on all skin kinds.
- Skin care is a blood purifying tablet.
- It cools and purifies the impure blood, increase blood circulation of the skin.
- These tablets minimize the blemishes, reduce sun tan, delay ageing of skin and heal skin problems.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
BLOOD PURIFIER SYRUP:
- This syrup is pure herbal ayurvedic formulation that consists of several natural ingredients like Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Khadir Chall (Acacia catechu) Neem (Azadirachta indica), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Baheda (Terminalia chebula), Harad (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (Emblica officinalis), etc.
- As the syrup detoxifies the blood by removing toxins it is very beneficial in maintaining proper circulation and improves the skin naturally.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tsp twice daily before meal.
STRAWBERRY FACE CREAM:
- Strawberry face cream is a well-known skin care product that helps improve skin complexion.
- This face cream Delays ageing, eliminates dead skin cells, cleanses the skin, improves complexion, and even tones your skin.
- The antioxidants present in strawberries delay the signs of aging like wrinkles and sagging skin.
- The Vitamin C fights free radicals that cause damage to cells and collagen resulting in fine lines.
- Vitamin C in strawberries is essential for the production of collagen, which improves the skin’s elasticity.
Recommended Dosage: Apply to the affected area twice a day.
Read Also: Skin Care Plus Tablet
DETOX PREMIUM POWDER:
This is a herbo-mineral preparation that contains ingredients like Parwal Pishti, Giloy satv, Shukta Pishti, Kamdudha Ras, Gandhak Rasayan, etc.
Parwal Pishti: This Pishti reduces inflammation, flaking, itching of the skin. The Pishti is composed of natural coral calcium processed with rose water.
Giloy Satv: This satv is prepared from the herb Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and analgesic properties of this herb deal with psoriasis easily.
Shukta Pishti: It helps to balance the Pitta dosha in the body. All signs and symptoms related to Psoriasis patients are managed with this article.
Kamdudha Ras: This herbal-mineral classical preparation balances Pitta dosha in the body.
Tal Sindoor: It contains ingredients like Shuddh parad, Aloe vera, Gandhak, etc that relieve redness in psoriasis patients.
Akik Pishti: This Pishti reduces all types of Pitta related disorder hence it gives good results in psoriasis.
Gandhak Rasayana: This herbal preparation is used since ancient times for all types of skin disorders.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice a day with plain water after meal.
ADD THE FOLLOWING TO YOUR DIET:
Ayurveda recommends dietary changes to balance the aggravated Dosha. Good food can help strengthen the digestive fire. This in turn helps block the formation of toxins (Ama) that could harm the skin.
- Food is one of the main factors which cause most of the Doshas in our body, therefore healthy and mindful eating is a must.
- You must add healthy food and seasonal fruits in your daily diet such as
- coconut oil
- dairy products
- whole grains
- animal protein
- Drink sufficient water to avoid dehydration of skin
- Yoga and exercise are needed to maintain healthy skin.
- Get enough sleep
- Detoxification of the body needed for healthy glowing skin
Read Also: Skin Care Kit
REDUCE OR COMPLETELY AVOID THE FOLLOWING
- Sour , salty and pungent food should be avoided
- Limit excess use of milk and curd (dadhi)
- Mutually contradictory food items should be avoided
- Limits white newly harvested rice & its preparations
- Avoid tobacco smoking and alcohol
- Meat of animals, marshy lands should be avoided
- Limit aromatic rice (basmati), black tila (sesame), masha (udad/ black gram) & its preparations
Periorificial dermatitis is an inflammatory rash involving the skin around the mouth and nose.
The rash may be spread up to the nose or even the eyes.
Perioral dermatitis usually looks as red or scaly bumpy rash. There may be a clear fluid discharge. Slight itching and burning can also occur.
The condition is most common in women, but it can be seen in all ages, races, and ethnicities. It can occur in children of any age.
Perioral dermatitis may be disappear without proper treatment, but it may reappear after sometime.
CAUSE:- The cause of perioral dermatitis is unknown. Some other causes of perioral dermatitis include:
bacteria getting into the hair follicles
- an allergic reaction
- irritation resulting due to a using skin care product
- hormonal changes
- taking a birth control pill
- strong winds
- UV light
- Bumps (1-2 mm)
- Dry patches
- Mild scaling (in some cases)
- Pruritus (in some cases)
- Mild stinging & burning
TYPES:- Common forms of eyelid dermatitis include:
- Allergic contact dermatitis develops because of an allergic reaction that causes inflammation of the skin, such as pollen in a person with hay fever. Some cosmetic products are common causes of allergic skin reactions.
- Irritant contact dermatitis is caused by the eyelid coming into direct contact with a substance that damages the outer layer of the skin, such as certain types of makeup, soaps, and detergents.
- Atopic dermatitis is a form of eczema that can affect the eyelids.
- Seborrheic dermatitis it is a condition in which the skin to become inflamed and flakey also whitish in color. It also occurs on the scalp but can also affect oily areas of skin, such as the eyelids.
- RISK FACTOR:- The skin around the eyes is thin and delicate, and so the eyes are especially sensitive to irritation.
- While it is hard to predict who will develop eyelid dermatitis, certain factors may increase the likelihood of the condition developing. These include:
- Age. Children’s are more prone to certain types of dermatitis such as seborrheic dermatitis, also called cradle cap.
- Genetics. Skin conditions often run in families.
- Poor personal hygiene. If body is not clean it can lead to this condition.
- Certain professions. These include frequent exposure to disease causing agent , such as construction, envoirmental , cosmetic, and beauty workers.
- Certain medications. Some medicine like neomycin or beta-blockers can cause the dermatitis.
- COMPLICATION:– Some complications that may occur with eyelid dermatitis include:
- Skin infections. Scratching or rubbing the eyes can lead the skin infections.
- Difficulty sleeping. If eyelid get infected it can cause discomfort during sleeping.
- Other skin conditions. In case of eyelid dermatitis to occur before skin inflammation on other areas of the body.
- Neurodermatitis. Chronic scratching can cause the skin to become discolored and leathery.
- Medical conditions. Some disease are more prone to dermatitis like Hay fever, asthma or other skin conditions.
DIAGNOSIS:- It is possible to self-diagnose eyelid dermatitis if the cause is obvious.
- A doctor can often diagnose the form of dermatitis through a physical examination.
- When an allergic reaction is suspected as the cause, a doctor may perscribed a patch test.
- The doctor or dermatologist may also perform a skin culture test to find out the possible infection
- If an irritant is the suspected cause, a repeated open application test( ROAT) can be used.
- It can be more difficult to determine a specific irritant compared with an allergen.
PREVENTION:- It may not be possible to prevent all cases but you should follow all these steps.
- The best prevention is avoid the use of any steroids around your mouth.
- Washing your skin daily with good quality cleansers can help keep your skin free of irritants and acne.
- Light moisturizers can also stop your skin from drying out and roughned.
AYURVEDIC VIEW FOR THE CAUSE OF PERIORIFICAL DERMATITIS:-
According to ayurveda dermatitis result due to it wrong diet and lifestyle, which disturbs the digestion and trigger pitta dosha. Pitta menifests in the skin and causes the heating, toxins known as Ama get accumulated and then these toxins accumulate in body tissues ,infecting them at a deep level and causing dermatitis.
AYURVEDIC HERBS USED IN PERIORIFICIAL DERMATITIS:-
- Gandhak Rasayan
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR PERIORIFICIAL DERMATITIS:-
According to ayurveda each person has three energies and called in ayurveda is dosha. These doshas include vata, pitta, and kapha energies. Each dosha controls specific bodily functions. According to Ayurvedic medicine, the doshas should be in balance and to maintain good health. Thus, the aim of Ayurveda is to balance them by natural treatments. It also aims to purify the body, which is said to remove toxins of the body. In case of skin disease the ayurvedic treatment include combination of therapies and medications. During this treatment patient will also need to make some dietary changes depending on the Dosha . Medications help in reducing the skin irritation, reducing itching, and remove the root cause of the problem.During the treatment patient has need to change in diet and lifestyle. In Panchakarma treatment procedure like lepam (face packs with medicinal herbs), dhoopanam(medicated fumigation), and . Medications help in reducing the skin irritation, reducing itching, and remove the root cause of the problem. During the treatment patient has need to change in diet and lifestyle. In Panchakarma treatment procedure like lepam (face packs with medicinal herbs), dhoopanam(medicated fumigation), and udhwarthanam(massage with dry herbal powders), Virechana, Dhara, Snehana, etc. are used as per the patient’s condition. It is concluded that a panchkarma treatment is very useful in all skin disorder.
- Ultraviolet radiation from sunlight exposure is known to cause photodamage in the skin.Repeated exposure increases the risk of other conditions such as wrinkles, dark spot and skin cancer.
- While avoidance of intense sunlight ,sun protective clothing and sunscreens are important to avoid sun damage,
- The use of oral supplements has gained popularity in their potential to assist with sun protection.
- A taking of supplements is one method to shield your skin from UV radiation by preventing sunburns and ultimately carcinoma.
- Sunburn is seen as a standard reaction when skin is excessively exposed to sunlight. This injury is named UV-induced erythema.
- UVB radiation is the most important region of typical sunburn, which starts to develop within a some hours.
The individual sensitivity toward erythematogenic UV exposure.
These five nutritional supplements may help in prevent the skin from sun:-
NICOTINAMIDE (Vit B3):-
Nicotinamide (also known as niacinamide) is that the precursor of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) which is vital cofactor for ATP production.
ATP provides energy source to drive many process of living cells .
- From UV radiation the immunosupperssion and DNA damage is additionally reduced by nicotinamide.
- Nicotinamide is a Vitamin B3 supplement that may help prevent skin cancers and precancers cell growth.
- According dermatologists said that Vitamin B3 supplements reduced the rate of new squamous-cell and basal carcinoma.
- Polypodium leuctoms is a fern from South America that has shown clinical indications for psoriasis, atopic dermatitis (eczema), vitiligo, polymorphic light eruption, and melasma
- In this study, a comparison group showed a greater chance of experiencing one or more sunburn episodes while the treatment group with this can be reduce the chances of experiencing sunburns.
- UV radiation damages DNA and reduces the flexibility of skin cells to manage cell proliferation.
- usually, the skin can repair DNA mutations, but excessive damage may cause to long-term mutations and carcinoma. If DNA is harmed, then UV radiation aggarvate the danger of skin cancer by suppressing skin antitumor immunity.
- Some cells helps to find and respond to cancer called as antitumour immune cell. In condition of UV exposure, suppression of these cells in the skin will lead the chance of skin cancer.
- Milk thistle is a seed extract effective in helping in skin tanning by sun exposure.
- Silymarin can provide protection against different stages of UVB induced carcinogens.
Read Also: Surya Snan or Ssun Bath Benefits
- According to nutritional aspect the phytochemicals in humans that is, the availability of carotenoid micronutrients by dietary means to the skin and their role in protection.
- However, the food contains a complex mixture of the many constituents, so that other components may also help to the observed activity.
- Molecules with correct structures absorb UV rays and stop direct damage of cellular targets.
- UV light from the sun is classified into UVA, UVB, and UVC depending on different properties of light.
- Both UVA and UVB rays play a role in skin cancer and skin aging.
- UVA light rays may be less intense than UVB, but UVA is more perportion within the environment and penetrates deeper into the skin.
- Human bodies have metabolic processes that allow us to get energy by burning fuel with oxygen.
Astaxanthin is a carotenoid that derived from algae, yeast, salmon, trout, krill, shrimp, and crayfish, giving some of these animals their orange-pink color.
VITAMIN E RICH FOOD:-
- Vitamin E rich food like grains, nuts, olive oil, and sunflower oil.
- Vitamin E comes from plants and must be present in diet.
- Dermatologist suggested that it has antitumorigenic and photoprotective properties with the ability to protect the skin from the UV radiation.
- As a VitaminE tocopherol, acts a free-radical scavenger. Natural form of Vit.E is also help in delaying the skin ageing.
HOW SHOULD SUPPLEMENTS BE USED?- Supplements aren’t a replacement for sun protection but it should be help to stay skin healthy.
AYURVEDIC HERBS USED IN SKIN PROTECTION FROM SUN:-
- GREEN TEA
- OLIVE TREE
HOME REMEDIES FOR SKIN PROTECTION FROM SUN:-
- Add one teaspoon of milk and two spoons of oatmeal and add two tablespoons of tomato juice, and also add orange pulp and a some pinches of poppy seeds. Make the paste of the mixture together so that it forms a thick paste like a face-pack.Afterthat apply this mask on face.
- And leave for 15 minutes and rinse with water. The treatment protect the skin from the negative Apply milk mixed with glycerin all over the face effects of the sun.
- Buttermilk provide relief to the burning skin, but also help in lighten the tan as curd has natural bleaching
- A full of hand of neem leaves boil on a very low fire in four cups of water for one hour. Leave it overnight. Next morning, pour the water and make a paste of the leaves. The water can be used to rinse the face. Neem contains organic sulphur compounds which help to keep skin healthy.
- Add one cup of apple cidar vinegar to a bath to help balance the PH of sunburned skin, and promote healing.
- Add 2 cups of baking soda to the bath water as these can be drying on already dry and sunburned skin.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel to the skin which affect by sun exposure. It helps to heal sunburn and remove tan. Aloe vera contains zinc, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Papaya pulp will be applied on the skin like a mask, washing it off after 20 minutes. Papaya contains enzymes and helps to get rid of dead skin cells and make the glowing skin. Mix curd or lemon juice with in the papaya pulp to get rid tan.
- We all need some sun exposure. When skin is come to contact the sun, our bodies make VitaminD which helps the body absorb calcium for stronger, healthier bones.
- Excessive exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can cause skin damage, eye damage,Hair damage, immune system suppression, and carcinoma.
- Sunlight is essential to many living things ,but it also has a dangerous side.
Triphala is a three-fruit combination of Amalaki fruit (Emblica Officinalis), Bibhitaki fruit (Terminalia Belerica) and Haritaki fruit (Terminalia Chebula) in equal proportions. Triphala Tailam is a classical formulation available as Ayurvedic herbal oil. It is used in the treatment of headache, hair fall, grey hairs, etc. It also helps to relax the muscles and muscles cramps thus relieving pain. It balances all the three doshas of your body thus maintaining proper blood circulation. It provides soothing effect to the affected area of pain. The herbs present in this oil are natural pain relievers. This herbal Tailam used for external application only.
TRIPHALA TAILAM INGREDIENTS:
Each 10 ml contains:-
- Haritaki Svarasa (Terminalia chebula) ——————- 66 parts
- Vibhitaki Svarasa (Terminalia bellirica) ——————– 10.67 parts
- Amla Svarasa (Emblica officinalis) ————————— 10.67 parts
- Tila Taila (Sesame Oil) ——————————————- 8 parts
TRIPHALA TAILAM USES-
- It is used for all diseases pertaining to neck, eyes, ear and throat.
- It is used for all diseases pertaining to neck, eyes, ear and throat.
- Triphala tailam is useful in relieving headache, sinusitis and rhinitis.
- It is used to treat split hairs, grey hairs.
- It improves hair strength.
- Effect on dosha- balances vata, pitta and kapha.
MODE OF USAGE
- It is used in ayurvedic treatment such as shirodhara, shirobasti and Basti (medicated enema).
- It is used for head massage
- Triphala tailam is used as hair oil.
DOSAGE– As Directed By the Physician.
- Chandigarh Ayurved Centre products are 100% safe and natural. MADE IN INDIA.
- This product is formulated under the guidance of MD Ayurveda expert.
- Natural and herbal products for overall health.
- Free from preservatives and chemicals.
- 125 years of serving mankind through ayurveda.
- Serving society 4th Generation in Ayurveda.
- Plaque psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune condition. It appears on the skin is thick patches and reddish scaly skin.
- Plaques typically appear red patches covered with a silvery white scale.
- In this the plaques may appear darker and thicker and more of a purple or grayish color or darker brown.
- Plaques can appear anywhere on the body appear on the knee, elbows, scalp.
- Plaques usually appear symmetrically on the body.
SYMPTOMS: – Common signs and symptoms include:
- Red patches of skin covered with thick, silvery scales
- Small scaling spots (commonly seen in children)
- Dry, cracked skin sometime it may bleed
- Itching, burning or soreness
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
- Swollen and stiff joints
CAUSE: – Psoriasis has no exact cause.
- There are multiple proposed risk factors for psoriasis although genetic predisposition is thought to be the main contributor.
- Environmental and behavioral factors may also play roles. In particular, increased rates of smoking, alcohol, and obesity are typically found among patients with psoriasis.
- Some medications and infections have also been identified as possible triggering factors for psoriasis.
- The following have been shown to trigger the development of psoriasis:
- High stress
- Infections (strep throat)
- Medications (malaria drugs, lithium)
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- A severe sunburn
- Reduced immunity
- Psoriasis tends to run in families, but it may be skip generations.
CLASSIFICATION: – The severity of plaque psoriasis is determined based on the amount of the body covered in plaques:
- Mild Psoriasis: Less than 2 percent
- Moderate Psoriasis: 3-10 percent
- Severe Psoriasis: 10 percent or more
DIAGNOSIS: – Plaque psoriasis can be identified during a visual examination.
- As psoriasis has a strong genetic association family history can aid in the diagnosis.
- You should also obtain your patients medical history and information about their specific symptom.
RISK FACTORS: – These factors can increase your risk:
- Family history. The condition runs in families. If psoriasis occurs in one parent then increases the risk of getting the disease.
- Stress. If patient suffer from stress it impact immune system, high stress levels may increase risk of psoriasis.
- Smoking. Smoking can increases risk of psoriasis but also may increase the severity of the disease. Smoking also play a key-role in the occurance of the disease.
HOW PLAQUE PSORIASIS ASSESED:- Patients with chronic plaque psoriasis should be assessed by a dermatologist. Factors may include the following:
- Age of onset of psoriasis
- Current age and sex
- Sites affected by psoriasis
- Symptoms (itch, soreness)
- The classification of psoriasis (localised or generalised, large plaque or small plaque)
- Extent and severity of psoriasis (often by PASI scoring)
- Functional impairment or disability due to skin disease (often using DLQI or Dermatology Life Quality Index scoring)
- Health problems including blood pressure, weight and body mass index .
- Smoking status and alcohol also play major role
- Current medications for psoriasis and other conditions
- Previous treatments and their effect
- Skin phototype
- Suitability of systemic therapy.
DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS: –
- LICHEN PLANUS
- BROWN DISEASE
- ERYTHEMA ANNULARE
- PITYRIASIS ROSEA
- SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS
TAKE CARE OF SKIN: –
- A good moisturizer can keep plaques soft and make you less itchy.
- Avoid harsh soaps.
- Use CAC Twak Tail for softens the plaque.
- Uses aloevera gel twice or thrice a day.
- Apply medicated lotion,cream or ointment.
- Try using medicated shampoo for scales on your scalp. Learn about more skin care tips for psoriasis.
AYURVEDIC VIEW OF PLAQUE PSORIASIS:-
- Ayurvedic says that psoriasis accur due to an imbalance of dosha and also called energy. These dosha is vata, pitta, kapha.
- Vata is responsible for controlling bodily functions and also help in movement ,contribute to the dryness and skin scaling of psoriasis. Kapha is responsible for growth and provide the mositure to the body.
- The imbalance between these dosha can lead the skin disease .Ayurvedic treatments in psoriasis play a very important role.when apply herbal medication it help to detoxify the skin and remove the toxins.In psoriasis diet and lifestyle changes also play a major role.
AYURVEDIC HERBS USED IN PLAQUE PSORIASIS:
HOME REMEDIES USED IN PLAQUE PSORIASIS: –
- Use a petroleum jelly or thick moisturizer
- Mosturize the skin daily.
- Consuming a healthy diet high in vegetables.
- Use apple cidar vinegar for scalp.
- Tea – tree oil also apply on affected area.
OTHER ALTERNATIVES THERAPIES:- Other home remedies that people have tried include:-
DIET IN PLAQUE PSORIASIS: –
- Ayurvedic practices typically revolve around a vegetarian diet.
- Take gluten free diet.
- Avoid dairy product.
- Use omega-3 fatty acid it helps to reduce inflammation.
- Avoid dairy product.
- Take fruits and leafy vegetables in high amount.
- Avoid junk food
- Avoid citrus eatables
- Take proper sunlight
- Foods to avoid include high-carbohydrate ingredients and products that contain large amounts of sugar.
- Avoid excessive salty and spicy food.
It is cultivated all over India mainly in Kutch of Gujarat and Tamil Nadu. Its leaves are used for purgation and it is a part of CAC Panchasakar Churna.
This plant is 75-150 cm high, erect, multi-year-old. Its flowers are of yellow color and some are fragrant. Its pods are sticky, 3.5-7.0 mm long, 20 mm broad, green in maturity and dark brown when ripe.
Each pod contains 5-7 dark brown seeds.
Botanical name :- Senna alexandrina Mill. (Senna alexandrina)
Syn :- Cassia angustifolia Vahl, Cassia senna Linn.
Family :- Caesalpiniaceae
Name of Swarna patri in Different Languages
Name in English :- Indian senna Alexandrian army (Alexandrian senna), Bombay army (Medicinal senna), Tinnevelly army (Tinnevelly senna); Arbi-Senae Hindi (Senaehindi); Persian-Sanaehindi.
Sanskrit- Markandika, Bhumivalli, Markandi, Swarnpatri, Mridurechani; Hindi- desi Sanay;
Oriya- Sonamukhi (Sonamukhi);
Kannada- Niyavara Nellavarike (Niyavara nelavarike);
Gujarati – Mithiakval, Senamukhi (Senamukhi);
Telugu- Nelatungedu (Nelatungedu);
Tamil- Nila vakai, Gilavirai (Gilavirai);
Bengali- Sonpat, Sonamukhi;
Nepali- Sanaya (Sanaya);
Marathi- Sonamukhi, Bhuitkhad;
Ayurvedic Properties and Effects
Sanaya is bitter, sweet, pungent, astringent, hot, short, harsh, sharp and phlegmatic.
It is the purifier of the upper and lower body and is the destroyer of leprosy, poison, foul smell, stomach disease, gulma, worm disease, Kaas, Vibandha, spleen and agnimandya.
Its root is sedative, guru, sweet, fire lamp, vatashamak, raktapitta, craving, fascination, sedatives, worms, leprosy and spleen disorders.
Sennosides obtained from it, relieves acute constipation in patients suffering from severe irritable syndrome.
SWARNA PATRI BENEFITS AND USES
It can be used in the following conditions-
Taking 1-2 grams of sanaya leaf powder with 10 ml amla swarus provides relief in breathing.
- Abdominal diseases
Regular intake of 1-2 grams of sanaya leaf powder provides benefit in stomach diseases by proper discharge of stool.
Vibandha or Constipation –
Take 1-2 grams of sanaya powder mixed with 5-10 ml of tamarind syrup, it is beneficial in Vibandha.
Agni mandya (Low digestive fire) –
Take 1-2 grams of sanaya powder mixed with sugar, and taking it with Bijoura lemon juice, it ignites and increases appetite.
Vatja gulma (Abdominal swellings) –
Take 1-2 grams of Sanaya Patra powder mixed with vacha powder and taking, it is beneficial in Vatajgulm.
Take 1-2 grams of sanaya leaf powder with 10 ml amalaki swarus is beneficial in dropsy.
Take 1-2 grams of sanaya leaf powder with non-fermented urine cures gastritis.
Pandu and Kamala ( Anemia and Jaundice )-
Sanay Patra Kwath (10-20 ml) or Churna (1-2 grams) causes suppression of Pandu, Kamala and Spleen enlargement.
Leaves are used for purgation in skin diseases like leprosy etc.
Take 10-20 ml Sanaya Patra Kwath or 1-2 grams Sanaya Patra Churna is beneficial in enteric fever.
For virechana (Purgative Therapy) –
Boil 5 grams of sanaya leaves, 2 grams dry ginger powder and 1 gram clove powder in water, filter it and give it 10-20 ml, it cures the defects by virechana.
Daha (Burning Sensation/ Inflammation) –
Take 1-2 grams of sanaya powder with pomegranate swaras helps in curing burning sensation associated with inflammation.
Take 1-2 grams of sanaya leaf powder and mix it with sugar, it cures pittaja disorders.
Take 1-2 grams of Sanaya powder mixed with sugar and dry ginger, cures Vataja-shula or pain.
Take 1-2 gm of powder, 10-20 ml of swarasa or as per the advice of the physician.
As per Ayurveda, imbalance in any of the three doshas (i.e. vata, pitta, kapha) can cause an ailment. In case of cold and cough, an excess of Pitta dosha and Kapha dosha in your body causes nasal congestion or runny nose and cough. We are blessed with numerous treatment of cold and cough in traditional Ayurvedic practice. Panchakrma is Ayurveda’s ancient cleansing and rejuvenation practice. In this article, we are introducing you with some herbs and panchakarma therapy to manage cold and cough:
NASYA KARMA (NASAL ADMINISTRATION)
The nose is the doorway to the brain and it is also the doorway to consciousness. The nasal administration of medication is termed “Nasya karma” in traditional medicine. This is a lesser-known but effective Ayurvedic treatment for cold and cough. In this technique, Ayurvedic herbal oil such as Anu tailam, Ginger, or Eucalyptus essential oil is used as a nasal drop. This helps clear the mucus in the nasal tract.
Synonyms of Nasyam-
- Shiro virechana
- Murdha virechana
- Shiro vireka
- Nasyam is a part of panchakarma treatment for upper respiratory tract cleansing used in Ayurvedic practice.
- This therapy is preferably done on empty stomach, before tea, coffee, at least 30 mints before bath, in the morning, after bowel evacuation.
- The treatment which is taken through the nose in the disease of upper respiratory tract is called Nasyam or Shirovirechana.
- Under this procedure phlegm is taken out. This process of administering herb infused oils into the nasal cavity helps to relieve cold and cough.
- After nasya karma give swedana do abhyanga over head and neck region.
- If any drug comes into the mouth, spit it.
- After completion of nasya, count 1-100 with concentrated mind.
- Then give kavala graha, gandusha and dhumapana.
- With luke warm water clean the mouth and throat.
- At last dhumapana is indicated.
- It is useful to clear the encoated kapha which is on the walls of the throat.
- One may use this treatment each morning and evening.
- In this way, breathing patterns will change as the emotions are released and the eyesight also will improve.
BENEFITS OF NASYA KARMA OR NASAL THERAPY
- Nasya lubricates nasal membrane and prevent bleeding from the nose.
- In addition, this treatment can be helpful in headaches, migraines, sinus congestion, allergies, and insomnia.
- It can also loosen up the mucus in your sinuses so that you can remove it from the nose more easily and helps relieve cold, nasal congestion and headaches.
- Pacifies VATA Dosha.
HERBAL STEAM INHALATION –
- Herbal steam therapy is a great way to clearing out mucus from the nasal channels, throat and lungs.
- Inhaling hot water vapors (steam) is a great Ayurvedic treatment for cold, running nose and chronic cough.
- Adding items such as salt, cloves, or Vicks to the water makes for steam can thin mucus and help it expells from nasal passage.
Read Also: Home Remedies for Cough and Cold
How to prepare herbal steam
- Boil 500 ml of water. Add two teaspoons of carom seeds (ajwain), 3 to 4 tulsi leaves, one tsp of turmeric and handful of mint leaves (pudina) in the water and boil it for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it’s boiled, take it off the stove and Cover your head with a towel, lean over the boiled water, and breathe in the steam.
- Repeat this procedure three to four times a day.
SINGLE DRUGS FOR COLD AND COUGH
Holy basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum)
- To boost your immunity chew 5 to 6 Tulsi (holy basil) leaves in the morning.
Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Licorice, also known as “Sweet wood”, is an emphatic Ayurvedic herb for cold and cough.
- Mulethi churna (licorice powder) is helpful in managing wet cough, sore throat and excessive production of mucus in the airway.
- It thins and loosens the mucus inside the airways due to its expectorant property.
- Mulethi eases coughing and reduces congestion.
Pippali (Piper longum)
- Pippali is an excellent Ayurvedic herb in managing cough and cold.
- Long pepper loosens mucus and helps to cough it out, due to its expectorant property.
- Studies shows that pippali provide relief from headache and congestion associated with common cold.
Saunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Sounth is one of the main ingredients of herbal cough syrups.
- Mixture of Dry ginger with honey, acts as a soothing remedy for cold and cough.
- This herb helps get rid of sore throat due to its anti-inflammatory properties
- This woody aromatic spice is loaded with numerous health benefits and one of them is relief from cold and cough.
Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Haritaki powder boiled in water is a traditional remedy to treat cold in children and effective for adults too.
- Haritaki helpful in treating sore throat, dry cough, and discharge mucus due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia)-
- Giloy also called Amrita or Guduchi and the most effective herb to boost immunity.
- It helps manage cold and cough caused due to allergic reactions to pollutants, smoke or pollen.
- In addition, helps to cope with cold and tonsillitis.
Read Also: Besan Ka Sheera cough or cold
- Honey has antimicrobial properties, it is not only exquisite for your taste buds but also helps ease sore throat.
- It is an effective cough suppressant.
- Honey gives relief from chest congestion by loosening thick mucus and helps reduce wet cough.
Avoid foods of cold nature –
Food items of a cold nature such as curd, banana, cold juices, etc. should be avoided as they are known to aggravate cold.