More than half of the population is affected by a common problem known as Knee Pain. It can affect people of any age. Knee pain is a common problem in knees that originates in any part of kneecap, knee joint, tendons, ligaments, & cartilage. It can be aggravated by obesity or physical activities. This pain may result in an injury like torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. The other medical conditions related to knee pain are gout, infections, and arthritis. Knee pain can cause physical restrictions.
People with knee pain often take excessive pain-killer for subsiding pain but they don’t know that it causes side-effects on the body. Pain-killer is not a solution for knee pain. Always use ayurvedic and panchakarma treatment for knee pain. As in Ayurved, there are numerous herbs that will maintain the pain as well as its movement will increase.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Knee Pain?
The various signs and symptoms seen in a knee pain patient are:
- Pain in the joint
- Swelling and inflammation in the whole knee
- Instability in walking
- Difficulty in bearing weight
- Not able to bend knee properly
- Redness over the knee joint
- Weakness felt in the knee or while walking
- No able to fully straighten the knee quickly
- Crunching and popping noises
- Sometimes patient feels fever
- Severe knee pain related to an injury
What are the Causes of Knee Pain?
There are three main causes that are related to knee pain like types of arthritis, injuries, and mechanical problems.
- An injury in the knee can affect any tendons, ligaments or bursae that surround our knee joint as well as cartilage, ligaments, & bones that form this joint. The different injuries related to knee pain are fractures, anterior cruciate ligament, knee bursitis, patellar tendinitis, torn meniscus.
- Types of arthritis like rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, gout, septic arthritis, & pseudogout are the reason for knee pain.
- Mechanical problems related to knee pain are when your kneecap is dislocated from the original position, problems in foot or hip, & iliotibial band syndrome.
What are Risk Factors in Knee Pain Problem?
There are different factors that are responsible for knee pain mentioned below in detail:
- A lack of flexibility & strength increases the risk of knee injuries.
- Obese people are at higher risk of knee joints pain.
- A Previous knee injury can cause severe knee pain.
- Some sports can do extra stress on knees that ultimately causes pain in the knee.
What is the Ayurvedic View on Knee Pain?
According to Ayurved, the imbalance in vata dosha is the reason for pain in joints. When vyana vayu gets aggravated it causes joint pain. In Ayurved, knee pain is known as “Janu shool” that creates cracking sound, discomfort, and diminished flexibility of the knee. Ama formation in the body blocks the channel that causes vata in the body that ultimately leads to knee pain.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment of Knee Pain?
In Ayurved, there are various herbs present in nature that relieves all the signs and symptoms of knee pain. This treatment provides effective results and balances the disease from the root cause. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides “Knee Pain Relief Kit” for ayurvedic treatment of knee pain without causing any side-effects on the body. This herbal kit comprises of four products.
All Products description in detail:
1. Neo-Kart tablets
The tablets are prepared from ingredients like Chingati satva, & Sallai guggul. These herbal tablets relieve all signs and symptoms related to knee pain. It provides very effective and long-lasting results.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
2. Rasraj Ras
The ingredients used for the preparation of the tablets are Loh bhasma, Suvarna bhasma, Lavang, Abhrak bhasma, Rasa Sindoor, etc. These herbal tablets provide good results in inflammation, stiffness, & pain in joints.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
3. Sandhlin Liniment
This oil is prepared from ingredients like Neelgiri taila, Dhanwantram taila, Karpooradi taila, Gandhapura taila, Mahanarayan taila, etc that reduces pain naturally. The use of this oil reduces inflammation, stiffness, & swelling in the knee joints.
Method of Application: Take a few drops of oil; apply over the affected area of joints twice daily.
4. Pain-O-Kill Syrup
The ingredients used for the preparation of this syrup are Nirgundi, Ashwagandha, Hadjod, Shallaki, Shunthi, Shudh Guggulu, etc that reduces pain naturally. These herbs show anti-oxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, immuno-booster, etc properties. This syrup reduces inflammation, stiffness, swelling, & pain in joints.
Recommended Dosage: Take two teaspoonfuls twice daily before meals.
5. Panchsakar Churna
This is a classical preparation that contains five ingredients such as Haritaki, Trivrit, Shunthi, Krishna Pippali, & Sauvarchala lavana. The use of this churna removes all toxins out from the body. As Ama is the main reason for knee pain so the use of churna removes it.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful with lukewarm water at bedtime.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment of Knee Pain?
The ayurvedic medicines give good effect along with the panchakarma procedures as it balances the dosha in the body. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides the best and effective treatment for knee pain. The recommended procedures for knee pain patients are:
- Janu Basti: In this procedure, a ring with dough is made around your knees. After that lukewarm medicated oil is poured in this ring. With the help of sponge, the oil is soaked. Again the oil is poured. This is repeated three to four times.
- Patra Potli Pind Sweda: In this procedure, medicated leaves are poured in a bag (potali). This bag is dipped in medicated oil. After that, this bag is used for massaging over the knee joints and other body parts.
- Shasti Shali Pind Sweda: In this procedure, the shasti shali rice is cooked in Bala kwath & Dugdha. This rice is poured in a potali (bag). After that the bag is used for massaging purposes over the affected area.
- Lepam: The herbs that are hot in potency are in used in powder form for this procedure. A paste of the powder is made after that it is applied on the knee joints.
Healthy Tips & Diet in Knee Pain:
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables generally in raw form.
- Include green vegetables in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
- You can include spices like cumin, fenugreek, ginger, asafoetida, & turmeric in daily diet.
- Avoid fast & processed food items.
- Drink green coconut water & fresh juices made at home daily.
- Cycling is the best exercise for knee pain patients.
- If you are obese than lose extra weight.
- Avoid eating black gram, curd, chickpeas, kidney beans, white rice, etc.