Appendicitis creates inflammation, pain, & swelling of the appendix, it’s a finger-like pouch connected to the large intestine. The exact cause of appendicitis is not yet known. In the case of appendicitis, usually a small piece of feces, blocks the entrance of the appendix, causing it to swell. As the inflammation worsens, appendicitis pain increases and eventually becomes very severe. The site of pain may vary, depending upon the age and position of the appendix present in the body. An Appendix is a small, thin pouch about five to ten centimeters long. It is also known as “vestigial organ” as it is of no use but still present in the body. An Appendix is connected to the large intestine in the human body.
What are the signs and symptoms of appendicitis?
The different signs & symptoms that are seen in appendicitis patients are:
. Progressively worsening pain
. Loss of appetite
. Painful coughing or sneezing
. Swelling in the abdomen
. An inability to pass gas
. Severe cramps
. Painful urination
Symptoms of appendicitis may take four to 48 hours to develop.
What are the causes of appendicitis?
The different causes of appendicitis are mentioned below in detail:
. Inflammatory bowel disease
. Trauma to your abdomen
. Blockage of the appendix opening
. Parasites, stool and growths that can clog your appendiceal lumen
. Blockage due to any infection
What are the risk factors of appendicitis?
The risk factors that are responsible for appendicitis are mentioned below in details:
. Age – Appendicitis most often affects people between the age of 14 and 30 years old.
. Family history – People who have a family history of appendicitis are at higher risk of developing it.
. Sex – Appendicitis is more common in males than in females.
What is the Ayurvedic view of appendicitis ?
According to Ayurveda, appendicitis may be due to an imbalance of one or more of the doshas and qualities may be aggravated. If someone has an imbalance of these doshas or qualities then a patient may result in appendicitis. The aggravation of the dosha took place due to wrong eating habits & a sedentary lifestyle.
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for appendicitis?
In Ayurveda, there are many herbs will deal with appendicitis. So for proper treatment, Chandigarh Ayurveda center introduces the “Appendicitis care kit” for maintaining the signs and symptoms related to appendicitis. This kit contains five ayurvedic medicines that are given below in detail:
1) Sheet dhara syrup – Sheet dhara syrup is a pure ayurvedic formulation that deals with different digestion related issues. The sheet dhara contains peppermint , ajwain satv and Mushak kapoor that helps in reducing nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, severe cramps in appendicitis patients.
Recommended Dosage – Mix 1/2 teaspoonful of this syrup in half a cup of water and drink twice a day before meals.
2) Detox premium powder-Detox premium powder is a pure ayurvedic formulation that deals with imbalanced aggravated doshas and shows anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial, antibiotic properties. Detox premium powder contains Moti pishti, Parwal pishti , Shukta Pishti, Giloy satav, Kamdudha ras, Jahar mohra, Akik Pishti, Gandhak rasayan, Tal sindoor, Shankh ,bhasam, Sutshekhar ras, Sudhyog tab, Shwet parpati , Yavakshaar that deals with the signs & symptoms associated with appendicitis.
Recommended Dosage- Take 1 Sachet twice a day with normal water.
3) Vaat nashik vati- Vaat nashik vati is a pure ayurvedic formulation that deals with the imbalanced vata dosha in the body. Vaat nashik vati contain ingredients like jahar mohra pishti, abhrak bhasma, giloy, etc that deal with the painful, inflammation, swelling condition in an appendicitis patient.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
4) Trikatu Syrup – Trikatu syrup is a pure ayurvedic formulation that deals with bowel wellness and balance the aggravated tridosha. This syrup contains black pepper ( Piper nigrum ), long pepper ( Piper longum), and ginger (Zingiber officinale ) that reduces inflammation, pain, loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea, associated with appendicitis.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful thrice daily before meals.
5) Panchsakar Churna–Panchsakar churan is an ayurvedic formulation that helps in overall detoxification of the body. It is used in treating constipation naturally. Panchsakar churan has antioxidant, laxative, anti-inflammatory properties. It contains ingredient such as Haritaki ( Terminalia chebula) , Svaran patri (Cassia angustifolia), Shatapushpa ( Foeniculum vulgare), Shunthi ( Zingiber officinale), and rock salt.
Recommended Dosage –1 Tablespoon with lukewarm water at bedtime.
What is the panchakarma treatment for appendicitis?
Along with Ayurvedic treatment, Panchakarma treatment also provides good & effective results in appendicitis. The procedures that will help out are mentioned below in detail:
1) Anuvasana vasti- Anuvasana vasti helps in the overall detoxification of the body. Anuvasana vasti is used for the purification and rejuvenation of the colon. In Appendicitis anuvasna basti with Triphala tailam is recommended to the patients.
2) Kashya vasti- Kashya vasti means medicated herbal enema. Kashya vasti contains medicated herbs and oils. In Kashya vasti medicine reach your bowels directly without enzymatic actions and its effectiveness is very high.
Healthy diet and lifestyle:
The patients should follow a healthy diet along with lifestyle for reducing the risk of the development of appendicitis. So follow some healthy tips mentioned below in details:
. Drink plenty of water
. Vitamin C rich food such as orange, guava, lemon are very useful in this condition.
. Zinc-rich foods should also be included in the diet.
. Take high-fiber by including salad, fruits, oats, pulses, and nuts in daily routine.
. Exercise daily for half an hour to one hour daily.
. Daily walking for half an hour is good for health.
. Yoga & meditation is good for health so do perform them for reducing stress, anxiety, & diseased condition.