- Almonds are the most popular nuts. Almonds are famous for their versatility and health benefits.
- Almonds are good for heart health, diabetes, and weight management.
- Almonds are rich in plant-based protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fats, vitamin E, and magnesium help to make them a heart-healthy snack.
- Serving size: 28 g
- Calories: 164
- Total fat ————————14.2 g
- Carbohydrate —————6.11 g
- Fibers—————————3.54 g
- Sugars————————–1.23 g
- Calcium————————76.3 mg
- Iron—————————–1.05 mg
- Magnesium——————-76.5 g
- Vitamin – E——————-7.27
Almonds Reduce Cholesterol:
- Consuming almonds increase the levels of Vitamin E in red blood cells and also reduces the risks of having cholesterol.
- By boosting the levels of vitamin E in your bloodstream antioxidants are formed that prevents cells from clogging developing cholesterol.
- Thus consuming a handful of almonds daily can generate more vitamin E into your bloodstream and save you from the risk of developing cholesterol.
Almonds are good for the Heart:
- When almonds are consumed along with some other nuts, it is said that it is good for your heart.
- Well, almonds are rich in antioxidants and helped to reduce blood pressure and improved the flow of blood to various parts of the body.
Almonds Regulate Blood Sugar:
- Almonds regulate blood sugar levels and stabilize them because almonds rich in magnesium, and magnesium intake may reduce a person’s risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Almonds have High Vitamin E:
- Almonds contain higher levels of Vitamin E which is an antioxidant, protects cells from getting toxic.
- With higher amounts of vitamin E being pumped into your bloodstream, this reduces your risks of developing Alzheimer’s disease cancer, and heart disease.
Almonds Reduces Weight:
- Almonds have higher contents of protein and fiber and lower levels of carbohydrates that control appetite and fulfill the stomach for a long time and help in reducing weight.
- Almonds reduce the number of calories on a daily basis.
Almonds are good for the Eyes:
- While carrots are said to be very good for your eyes, almonds have a high source of vitamin E that protects your eyes and prevents abnormal changes in the lens.
- Thus, consuming almonds will protect the eyes. Do not consume almonds in excess this can lead to weight gain.
Almonds have a Rich Source of Antioxidants:
- Almonds have a rich source of antioxidants and protect against stress.
- Stress leads to molecule damage results in inflammation, cancer, and aging.
- The antioxidants present in almonds keeps skin healthy.
- Consuming 84 grams of almonds per day can increase the levels of antioxidants in your body that will protect the person from aging and various other diseases.
Almond Nourishes Skin:
- Almonds contain flavonoids that also present in green tea and broccoli.
- This component nourishes the skin and has anti-aging properties for your skin.
Almonds Prevent Cancer:
- Almonds contain certain amounts of fiber that help in detoxifying the body.
- Consuming almonds helps food to move through the digestive system easily.
- Almonds contain high-fiber content and reduce the risk of developing colon cancer.
- Almonds are also rich in vitamin E and flavonoids that regulate breast cancer.
Almonds Improve Your Brain Power:
- L- carnitine, and riboflavin present in the almonds that help in the growth of brain cells.
- One major chemical that helps the brain in cognitive function.
- Consuming almonds every morning can help to boost your brainpower.
Almonds are best for Treating Anemia:
- Anemia usually occurs when the red blood cells carry very less oxygen to the brain.
- Thus, almonds contain iron, copper, and vitamins that producing more hemoglobin in the bloodstream and prevent anemia.
Almonds are good for Your Nerves:
- Almonds contain magnesium that is good for the nervous system, developing a healthy metabolic rate, and also helps in better bone tissue.
Almonds Treat Acne and Blackheads:
- Almonds help to prevent and fight acne, blackheads, and whiteheads through the fatty acids found in it.
- These fatty acids help to control the oil that clogged in the skin pores. Thus the almond oil help in reducing skin rashes.
Almonds Treat Stretch Marks:
- Almond oil treating stretch marks by nourishing the skin and preventing skin tear.
- Heat the almond oil and apply it to the stretch marks and leave for an hour help to reduce stretch marks.
- Apply twice a day for better results.
Almonds Prevent Grey Hair:
- Almond oil is very essential for treating hair problems like hair fall to preventing hair from turning grey, curing dandruff, and other types of hair problems.
- Almond oil gives a silky and shiny texture of hairs.
Almonds Help in Hair Growth:
- Lack of magnesium in the body leads to loss of hair.
- Almonds contain high amounts of magnesium help in fast hair growth and develop a strong stand.
Almonds are Natural Anesthetics:
- Almond oil has a toxic compound called glycoside amygdalin that makes nerves insensitive and may feel numb once this is applied.
- Bitter almond oil has an aesthetic effect.
Almonds Increase Mental Alertness:
- Almonds and milk combination are rich in potassium.
- This is one of the main minerals that boost the number of electrolytes in your body, thus providing more energy.
- When there is a boost in electrolytes, memory flow also increases and this can happen by consuming almond milk.
- In general almond milk makes memory sharper.
Almonds Prevent Birth Defects:
- Almonds contain folic acids that protect the mother from any birth defects.
- Folic acid plays important role in the development of healthy cell growth and also helps in the life cycle of a growing fetus.
- Pregnant women who add almonds to their diet can protect their baby from developing any sort of birth defects.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.