You must have used flax seeds at home every day. Linseed is used in many home dishes. Although the seeds of real are very small, but it has so many qualities, which you cannot guess. Do you know that the seeds of linseed which you all use only as a food item, can also cure diseases? Yes, flaxseeds have more benefits.
By using flaxseed, you can prevent many diseases, make your family healthy
What is Alsi?
The other name of linseed is alsi. It is an herb, which is also used as a medicine. Depending on the nature of the locations, there is also a difference in the look, shape, and size of alsi seeds. Alsi seeds are white, yellow, red, or slightly black throughout the country. alsi of hot regions is considered the best. Usually, people use oil of Alsi, oil. Use of alsi can be taken in diseases such as breath, throat, throat, phlegm, digestive system disorders, wounds, leprosy etc.
Name of flax seeds in other languages
The botanical name of alsi is Linum usitatissimum L., Syn-Linum humile Mill., And is of the genus Linaceae. Alsi is known by many names around the world, which are:
Flax seeds in –
Flax seeds in Hindi – Alasi
English – Linseed, Flax plant, Common flax
Sanskrit – Atsi, Nilpushpi, Nilpushpika, Uma, Kuma, Masrina, Parvati, Xoumi
Oriya – Pesu
Uttarakhand – Alsi
Kannada – Agasebeej, Semeagase, Alashi
Konkani – Sonnbiam
Gujarati – Alshi
Tamil – Alivirai, Alshivirai
Telugu – Avisi, Ullusulu, Madanginjalu;
Bengali – Tisi, Masina, Asina
Punjabi – Alish, Alasi, Atashi
Marathi – Javas, AlashiMalayalam – Agashi, Charm, Cherucana, Akasi
Nepali – Alasi
Arabic – Kettan, Bazrulkattan
Persian – Tukhm-e-kattan
1. Nowadays diseases have increased so much after which people have become very cautious about their health. Being alert to health, people are looking for such food items and one of them is flax seeds in flax seeds. Let us tell you that flaxseed has been quite popular for some time now because the benefits of linseed are associated with almost every part of the body. Such as flaxseed seeds helps in keeping a healthy heart, low cholesterol, healthy digestion, glowing skin and strong hair. Although the effect of linseed is hot, but taking it in the right quantity can easily give the benefits of linseed. It is also advisable to drink more water while consuming linseed.
2. Flax seeds are good for digestion
Flax seeds are also known for healthy digestion. The advantages of flex seed are enhanced due to the good quality and quantity of dietary fiber present in it. People who have stomach problems often are advised to eat flax seeds. Flaxseed is rich in fiber which is good for the stomach. Flaxseeds take time to digest which makes the stomach work more during digestion. In this situation, calories are burnt and the metabolism is also increased.
3. Benefits of Flex Seed for Control Blood Sugar Level
Let us tell you that the benefits of alsi ke beej are also related to controlling blood sugar level. Dietary fiber helps in blood sugar level control. After consuming fiber, they take time to digest and at this time the process of digestion slows down. At this time, the pancreas gets time to produce insulin, which acts to break down the sugar molecule. In this case the blood sugar level does not increase suddenly. Flax seed has a low glycemic index which is also a good option for people undergoing diabetes.
4. Benefits of Flax Seeds For Weight Loss
All people find different diets, ways to lose weight. If you also want to include something healthy in your weight loss diet, flax seeds can be a good option. As mentioned earlier, flax seeds are rich in dietary fiber. Consuming dietary fiber increases metabolism and reduces the rate of digestion, which helps in weight loss. Apart from this, taking flaxseed keeps the stomach full for a long time, which reduces the appetite, you do not eat again and again.
5. Flaxseeds Helps in Maintaining Healthy Heart
The reason for increasing heart disease is due to the absence of diet. You can easily take advantage of Flex seed for a healthy heart. Let us tell you that flax seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids which are known to keep the heart healthy. Consuming the right amount of omegi-3 fatty acids reduces the level of eicosanoids and cytokines in the body. These two molecules are inflammatory agents. Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce these agents. Apart from this, omega-3 fatty acids make the blood flow in the heart in the right amount and manner, which helps in staying healthy heart.
6. Benefits of Flax Seeds Maintains Cholesterol Level
Consuming the right amount of flax seeds daily helps in reducing bad cholesterol. As everyone knows that most of the diseases in the body are due to bad cholesterol. The benefits of linseed seeds help to a great extent in reducing cholesterol. The reason for this is attributed to Omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in plenty in flaxseed.
7. Benefits of Flax Seeds Regulates Blood Pressure
High or low blood pressure will be easily found in every other human being. But have you wondered why it has become so common to have blood pressure high or low? Because there are very few diets in the diet of people that maintain blood pressure, sugar level and cholesterol normal. If you are looking for something like this, flax seeds is a good option. Linseed seeds contain linolenic acid, lignin and fiber which maintain blood pressure normal to some extent. Healthy diet, along with exercising, consuming flex seed helps maintain normal blood pressure.
8. Flax seeds benefits for cold-cough
There is no time for a cold-cough. Early winter- It is considered better to adopt home remedies in cough. Flax seeds have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties due to which the benefits of flaxseed are increased for cold and cough. Cold- Home remedy for cough includes flax seeds. Mixing flaxseed powder in your normal tea and drinking it provides relief in cold and cough. Boil water by adding flaxseed powder to a cup of water. Now add honey and lemon to it.
9. Benefits of eating flaxseed seeds for joint pain
As mentioned earlier, flax seeds have anti-inflammatory properties. Due to this property, the benefits of linseed are also for joint pain. It is not necessary that the joint pain occurs only in old age, more strength or even sitting or standing for a long time at one place, also causes joint pain. During this time, the benefits of alsi ke beej can be very useful.
Taking the right amount of flaxseed can help to relieve joint pain. Apart from this, you can make a light massage by mixing the flaxseed powder with lukewarm mustard oil.
10. Flax seeds benefits for healthy stomach
If your stomach is clean then you will stay away from diseases. You must have heard that every disease starts with the stomach. People who often have stomach problems will be well aware of this problem. If you also have stomach problems like gas, then you can get the benefits of flex seed. A good option is to include linseed oil in the diet. Apart from this, flax seeds can also be consumed by putting it on top of salads, smoothies.
How to Use Flax Seeds
After knowing the benefits of linseed you will want to use it. Consuming anything in the right way and in the right quantity provides its benefits.
You can easily buy flex seed from the market. By purchasing flaxseed of good quality from the market and then grinding them at home, consume them. The benefits of consuming seeds of real seeds are less. And grinding it is more beneficial.
- Real can be eaten on top of your salad.
- Apart from salad, you can also eat flaxseed with smoothies, porridge, soup, yogurt.
- Buy brown or golden flaxseed from the market.
- Start adding flaxseed to your daily tea.
- If you are baking something at home, try using flaxseed. Linseed can be used in bread, pancakes, muffins, rolls etc.
- Soak it before adding flaxseed to the smoothie or juice.
- Place flax seeds in the air tight container.
- Linseed oil can be used for mild massage of skin and hair.
- If you are making mayo at home, you can use flaxseed.
- The inclusion of linseed in breakfast increases its benefits.
Side Effects of Flax Seeds
Consuming anything in right quantity provides its benefits. The same with linseed. Consuming the right amount of flaxseed can give you the above benefits. But if flax seeds are consumed in the right amount or in excess, then flaxseeds can also suffer. Consumption of flaxseeds in large quantities can cause the following disadvantages.
- Consuming raw linseed can be dangerous because raw linseed contains toxic substances.
- Along with the consumption of flaxseed, take fluids also so that there is no stomach problem.
- Consumption of flaxseeds in excess can increase stomach problems such as gas, abdominal pain, etc.
- Use of linseed oil is not advised. You can use flaxseed oil in a pre-made dish and then heat it in the microwave.
- Do not take flaxseed if you are taking blood thinners.
- If you are taking cholesterol-lowering medicines, take flaxseed only after consulting a doctor.
- Pregnant women are not advised to eat linseed seeds.
- Eating flaxseed is not recommended for those undergoing blood pressure.
- Flaxseed is hot, due to which it is said to be consumed regularly.
- If you are allergic to any seed, you may also be allergic to flax seeds in Hindi. If you are allergic, you may have red spots, itching.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.