Its annual or perennial plants are cultivated or grown wild in forests at height of 600 ft. the oil extracted from its seed’s kernel is an excellent purgative. It is a beneficial herb for dermatoses and is also analgesic. It can be used as a medicinal herb to cure constipation and other gastric disorders. In the case of piles and fistula in the anus, cooked seeds soften the stool and relieve the misery. In addition to its medicinal value it is also nutritive. It is of two types – red and white. Also some trees produce large seeds and some small. The oil from the large seeds is used for burning that from small seeds is used in medicines.
These are annual plants, 8 – 15 ft tall and thin. The stem is greenish white and smooth the branches are greenish white and of medium size like sticks. The leaves are board with 7-11 cleavages. The leaf stalk is usually one foot long and hollow.
Castor cures cough, gastric disorders, swelling and oedema, and relieves body pain. It is penetrative and lubricating, anthelminic, anti- dermmatoses, and antipyretic.
- Due to dust in eyes: Use Castrol oil to eyeliner the eyes. It causes watering of eyes which actually rinses the eyes. Put 1drops of Castor oil in eyes. It releases the impurities from the eyes and in kukunak disorders. It reduces the impact of the disorder.
- Prepare poultice of castor oil with berley flour and tie on the eyes. It cures the swelling in eyes due to pitta.
SKIN CRACKS ON BREAST AREA:-
- Apply castor oil all around the breasts. It rejuvenates the skin.
- Grind 2 castor oil seeds in vinegar and apply the paste on breasts. It cures the swelling.
- In case a pregnant women suffers from jaundice in the early stages, give 8gm juice of castor oil leaves every morning for 5 days. It cures jaundice and also cures the swelling.
- Take 4gm juice of its leaves and mix peepal powder in it. Give this to the patient as nasya or eyeliner. It cures jaundice.
- Give 5ml juice of its root in 200ml milk to the patient. It cures jaundice.
Take 2gm extract of its leaves and mix equal quantities of oil and jiggery. Give this to the patient. It cures cough.<
In case of severe stomach pain, every night before going to bed, give 1 lemon’s juice in 120ml warm water with castor oil mixed in it. The pain gets cured soon.
In case of blood and pus in stools, give 8gm castor oil. It controls the amount of pus and blood in stool.
At the start of illness, start giving 4-8gm castor oil. It can even help avoid the surgery.
Apply 1-2 times a day, the juice of its leaves on the child’s abdominal area. It kills the worms in the stomach.
Grind castor oil and mehandi leaves and apply the paste. It cures pain due to indigestion.
Mix 15 gm ash of its whole plant in 30 gm cow urine and give this to the patient.
To remove the extra fat deposited on the stomach area, wash and clean 15-40 gm root of castor oil plant and boil in 150 ml water till 40 ml water is left. Drink this regularly. It reduces the fat deposition.
To ease the delivery, after 4 months of pregnancy, give mild enema of castor oil after every- 14 days. At the time of delivery, give 20 gm castor oil with tea or milk. It ensures early delivery.
VAGINAL PAIN AND UTERUS SWELLING:-
- Dip a piece of cloth in castor oil and place this in the vaginal area. It gives relief in the vaginal pain.
- Uterus swelling is common after delivery and causes high fever in patient. In this situation, dip a piece of cloth in castor oil and place this in the vaginal area. It gives relief in the vaginal pain and also cures swelling.
Take one kernel of its seeds, 120 gm milk, and 200 gm water. Mix them all and boil till only milk is left. Mix 9 gm sugar candy in it and give this to the patient. In this way starting from 1 kernel, increase 1 kernel every day for seven days and then reduce 1 everyday till next seven days. It cures blood related disorders. This treatment is also very beneficial as vata shamak.
5- 9 gm castor oil of red Castro oil plant when taken with hot milk helps cure vaginal pain, flatulence, gout, heart problem. Chronic fever, backache and dermatoses pain. It is beneficial in promoting intelligence, skin glow, health, memory, and physical strength. It also enhances longevity the age and strengthens the heart.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is a 3rd generation Ayurved physician from his family and is the remarkable person responsible for setting up of the Chandigarh Ayurved and Panchkarma Centre in sector 32 and 22, Chandigarh and Zirakpur and he is also the first founder member of Guru Ravidas Ayurved University. He has done his B.A.M.S. from Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh. He is an admirable ayurvedic physician with specialization in Chronic ailments.