Ayurveda is a science of life and the ancient text keep the diet first priority. It also tell us some recipe blend in the form of Ladoos.
The ladoos are the delicious mouthwatering dish ladoos are not only tasty but are very healthy especially for the new mother recovering after child birth and also for the new born.
All the ingredients that go in making these ladoos benefit the new mom from recovering from child birth. This helps in increasing not only the milk production but also the quality of milk. It provides benefits for overall health of an individual.
|1.||Musali||50 grams||Increases lactation|
|2.||Ghondh/ Edible gum||200 grams||Benefits in gaining the strength of the body and helps the new mother to cope with the challenges of motherhood|
|3.||Pippali mool/Long pepper root||50 grams||Increases lactation|
|4.||Pipali||25 grams||Purification of blood and increases appetite|
|5.||Kamarkas/ Sage Herb||50 grams||fortifies the back|
|6.||Gur/ Jaggery||500 grams||rich in iron and foliate which help prevent anemia.|
|7.||Whole wheat flour||1 Kg|
|8.||Almond||100gms||Good for brain health and strength|
|9.||Walnuts||100gms||Good for brain health|
|10.||Cashews||100gms||Highly fibrous and good for heart health|
|11.||Alsi/Flax Seeds||100gms||Helpful in various diseases also helps in weight management|
|12.||Pista||100 grams||high in fibre, vitamin C, rich in antioxidants, omega 3, omega 6 essential fatty acids|
|13.||Handful of char magaz||mixture of dried pumpkin, melon and watermelon seeds grinded slightly||Pack of great antioxidants
Good for overall health and immunity.
|14.||Ashwagandha||50grams||stimulates milk production, eases stress and rebuilds physical strength and vitality|
|15.||Sonth/Dry ginger||50 grams||Ss Good for bone Strength|
|16.||KhusKhus seeds||100 grams||Increases lactation and a good source of Omega-6 fatty acids, protein and dietary fibers. They also contain various phytochemicals , Vitamin B, Thiamin, Calcium and Manganese|
|17.||Grated coconut||200gms||Good for heart health, weight loss, and digestion.|
|18.||Ghee||500 to 750gms||Good for gut health|
|29.||CA Cardamom or Elachi||6 to 7 pieces||Full of antioxidants and may protect from chronic diseases.|
- Use Goond pieces of appropriate size, neither too large and break them into small pieces. Take a pan pour some Ghee and heat it. Then put little amounts of Goond at a time to the Ghee and it will puff up like popcorn, then fry it a low flame.
- Fry the filtered flour it in the leftover Ghee till it turns pinkish, then take it out in a vessel.
- Take a frying pan and dry roast the remaining items/herbs (Musali, Pippali mool, Pipali, Sonth, Kamarkas, Ashwagandha, KhusKhus seeds, Flax seeds) except the dry fruits and Mellon seeds. The roasting should be done on a medium flame for 5-1
- Now crush/grind each one the roasted herb (Musali, Pippali mool, Pipali, Sonth, Kamarkas, Ashwagandha) except khuskhus seeds and flax seeds in a gringer to make a fine paste.
- Cut the dry fruits almonds, pista, walnut and cashews into small pieces.Also Peel and crush Elaichi.
- Take the jiggery or guda and break it into small pieces with your hand you can also crush it so that it can be mixed with the flour easily.
- Mix well all the ingredients- the roasted wheat flour, gur, all the grinded herbs, Ghondh, flax seeds, melon seeds, khuskhus seeds, grated coconut, all the dry fruits, elachi powder and ghee. You can Mix more amount of ghee if the mixture is too dry.
- Take little amount of mixture in your hand at a time; roll it in round shape.
- This is for 5servings and you can store these Ladoos for a month.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.