PANCHKARMA TREATMENT FOR RELAX MIND
Panchkarma is ayurveda’s ancient cleansing and rejuvenation practice. Panchkarma procedure protects the mind from unhealthy stressors like improper food and lifestyle that aggravate mental illnesses. It alos gives clarity of mind, calm and relaxed state of being
- Nasya is a part of Panchakarma treatment for body cleansing used in Ayurvedic medicine.
- The treatment which is taken through the nose in diseases of the head, eyes, nose, ears and throat is termed Nasyam or Shirovirechana.
- Under this procedure also the phlegm is taken out.
- This process of administering herb-infused oils into the nasal cavity also helps to relieve headaches, sinus related migraines, reduces anxiety, clears and strengthens the mind, and stimulates the nervous system.
- It is important that you take nasal therapy under the supervision of Ayurveda physician to ensure the correct nasya oils are used, it is administered properly, and you receive the appropriate kind of precautionary information.
Shirodhara is traditional Ayurvedic healing technique that has been use in ancient time to treat a host of disorders. This is one of the most calming and mind relaxation therapy. In this deeply soothing process lukewarm medicated herbal oil poured on forehead in an ancient pattern stimulating points covering the whole of the forehead. Shirodhara rejuvenates and enlivens the central nervous system that gets clogged with residual stress, worries, erroneous eating and lifestyle habits, and work pressure. It treats several nervous system related conditions that rising from a vitiated vata dosha. Herbal oil application pacifies aggravated vata, vata mentioned to be the key for mental illness.
Benefits of Shirodhara-
- Relaxes mind and body
- Pacifies vata dosha
- Nourishes hair and scalp
- Promotes better sleep
- Reduces anxiety and stress
PANCHKARMA TREATMENT FOR BODY
The Panchakarma treatment is a complete bio-purificatory programme with long-lasting health benefits. Panchkarma is most renowned Ayurvedic treatments in India, with its basic principle of detoxification of the body through five actions or pancha-karma.
ABHAYANGA (OIL MASSAGE)
- Abhyanga helps the body get back to a state of balance and harmony.
- This deep herbal oil massage enhances skin complexion and reduces excess fat.
- It revitalizes the body by improving blood circulation, digestive power and other physiological functions of the body.
- Abhyanga is well known relaxation therapy that increases blood circulation in the body and to the brain.
- Specialized points or energy channels are activated which release stress and relax the mind.
- Herbal oil application pacifies aggravated vata, vata mentioned to be the key for mental illness.
PATHRA PINDA POTTALI SWEDA:
- In this technique, different medicinal leaves along with other drugs are backed in medicated oil, made into bolus (pinda) form by tying them in a cotton cloth and used for Swedana after performing Abhyanga (mild massage).
- This type swedana provide relieves ache, stiffness, heaviness, and coldness in the body.
- PPS eliminates the bodily toxins through sweating.
- In this therapy, the purification of the stomach is done by using drugs that induce vomiting, this is called ‘vamana’ karma.
- This action is not done in hot and cold weather. The main purpose of this action is to expel the frozen phlegm in the body through vomiting.
- This Vamana karma is very beneficial for such patients who are suffering from Kaphaja and Pittaja disease.
PANCHKARMA TREATMENT BENEFITS
Ayurveda recommends that a healthy person should undergo seasonal bio purification. There is a definite relation of seasonal variations and influences that leads doshas accumulation in the body and the resultant illnesses. These influences are best treated by the Panchakarma therapies. This cleaning therapy has many health benefits and improves mental ability.
- Completely detoxifies the body.
- Boosts Immune system
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Deliverance of toxins
- Improves metabolic system
- Meditative outlook on life
- Reduces weight.
- Opening up of obstructed channels.
- Improved skin complexion
- Relaxing the mind and body.
- Gives Deep relaxation
- Enhancing the strength of digestive fire.
- Rejuvenation of call and tissues
- Balanced doshas
- Enhanced mindfulness
Why You Should Consider Doing Panchakarma Therapy
The environmental pollutants are the main source of toxins as we are continuously exposed to them. Continuative exposure to pollutants is not good for healthy peoples as it leads illness in the body and thereby weakens the immune systems.
- Panchkarma treatment improved immunity and protects from many diseases
- Improves blood circulation
- Reduces extra weight
- Improves lymphatic system
- Strengthen the muscles
- Nourishes the body both- internally and externally
- Improve digestive system
That’s why we should consider Panchakarma treatment.
PANCHKARMA TREATMENT SIDE EFFECTS
Most Common panchkarma treatment side effects are-
- General weakness
An initial increase in the symptoms may also occur as a side effect.
Some patients can experience mental disturbances and depression during the panchkarma treatment.
PANCHKARMA TREATMENT PROCEDURE
Panchakarma’s three main steps are:
This preparatory 1st stage required before the major treatment, to loosen the toxins and soften the tissues. From here, they can be eliminated. This treatment prepares the patient mentally and physically for the key procedure of Panchakarma.
It involves three procedures:
Pachan Karma – improves digestive fire with herbs and fasting so that the patient can digest the medicated ghee.
Snehan Karma – clarified butter is given to the patient in increasing doses in order to aggravate and liquefy the fat-soluble toxins deposited in the deep tissues.
Swedan Karma –to opening up the body channels and liquefy the toxins a full body steam bath is given to the patient.
This is the Panchakarma, a five-step procedure which is highly individualized depending on the needs, age, digestive strength, immune system, and other factors. This intense Panchakarma procedure can only be done under the guidance of an Ayurvedic practitioner.
The five karmas to cleanse the complete body are:
Vamanam (therapeutic emesis) – induced vomiting which helps clear the upper GI tract to the duodenum (end of the stomach) and a part of the respiratory tract.
Virechanam (purgation) – induced purgation clears the GI tract from the duodenum to the exit.
Anuvasana (enema using medicated oil) – the oil enema helps lubricate the rectal area and remove the lipid soluble waste out through the anus.
Nasyam – nasal inhalation of medicated substances which help clear the respiratory tract and the para nasal sinuses.
This is a post-therapy dietary regime to restore the body’s digestive and absorptive capacity to its normal state. It includes rejuvenating treatments, lifestyle management, diet management, and intake of herbal supplements.
It includes the following procedures:
Sansarjan Karma – food therapy after detoxification, which aims at gradually increasing the patient’s diet from liquids to semi-solids to a normal diet.
Rasayan Adi Prayogam – a rejuvenating rasayan therapy which aids in increasing natural immunity and enhancing your general well-being.
Shaman Chikitsa – a pacification therapy with herbs and lifestyle management.
It is important to note that a panchakarma procedure is designed specifically for an individual after a thorough physical examination and pulse diagnosis.
Hence, there is no universal package for everybody. These treatments can take a minimum of 7 days and may last as long as 21 days.
HOW TO DO PANCHKARMA AT HOME
If you’d like a scintilla into the advantages of panchakarma) without the expenditure of going to a ayurvedic centre, try this home remedies its safe for healthy people.
Tips for Doing Panchkarma At Home
- Primary rule of procedure oleation therapy (snehana karma) is significant to start up the panchakarma treatment. Snehana karma (oleation therapy) should be done both internally and externally.
- Internal oleation (snehana) therapy involves consuming of four tablespoons of warm ghee. If you have diabetes and high blood levels of cholesterol, triglycerides, or sugar replace clarified butter with Oils like flax seed or coconut for 3 to 7 days in the morning. Oleation therapy endows necessary internal lubrication and thereby ensures that the toxins are not attached to minute channels during elimination of toxins (Ama).
- External oleation process involves massaging the whole body with warm medicated oil such as coconut and sesame oil. This external massage, perform for five days, helps in elimination of impurities effectively. A hot shower is generally followed after the external oleation. This helps in swedana and removes impurities from the body.
- Triphala is a tremendous herbal medicine used during detoxification process. It is recommended to take a teaspoon of this herbal powder and let it soak in hot water for few minutes. Drink this liquid after 30 to 40 minutes of dinner during the awadhi of detoxification process to get better results.
- Take only kitchari (prepared with basmati rice and moong dal) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
To satiate the taste beds, it can be spiced up with turmeric, cumin, ginger, coriander, fenugreek, and mustard seeds.
- During panchakarma procedure, herbal tea such as cumin, ginger, coriander, or fennel can be taken throughout the day.
- Panchakarma is very emphatic when it is used to during the transition period of seasons.
- Over time, this home panchakarma program will deepen your self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-love. As your body and mind are increasingly purified, your yoga practice—and your life—will begin to shine. And that’s what ayurveda, the science of longevity, is all about.
Guidelines for safer panchakarma practice at home
- Carry out treatment in calm environment.
- Get rid of all electronic gadgets during the treatment procedure.
- If possible, choose a vacation period for detoxification.
- Control the energy sapping thought process through yoga and meditation.
- Practice Pranayama to keep the mind and body calm.