Small cardamom has many benefits. If we talk about the benefits of eating cardamom, there are many medicinal properties found in cardamom, which protects us from many serious diseases. Cardamom is generally of two types, black and green. While green cardamom (Hari Elaichi) is used in prayers and dishes, thick black cardamom is used as a spice. Let us know the benefits of green cardamom.
Nutrients of Cardamom Quantity per 100g of calories-
Eating black in winter is very beneficial, relieves pimples to stomach problems Total fat 7 grams 10% saturated fat 0.7 grams 3% Polyunsaturated fat 0.4 grams monounsaturated fat 0.9 grams cholesterol 0 mg 0% sodium 18 mg 0% potassium 1,119 mg 31% total carbohydrate 68 grams 22% dietary fiber 28 grams 112% protein 11 grams 22% vitamin A 0% vitamin C 35% calcium 38 % Iron 77% vitamin D 0% vitamin B-6 10% cobalamine 0% magnesium
- Green cardamom
- Large cardamom
- Black cardamom
- Brown cardamom
- Nepali cardamom
- Bengal cardamom or red cardamom cardamom production ,
Cardamom is grown in Mysore, Mangalore, Malabar in India. While cardamom is grown abundantly in Sri Lanka, Asia and Australia. Nepal is the largest producer of large cardamom in the world followed by India and Bhutan respectively.
- In cooking – food and sweet dish in India, Nepal, Pakistan i.e. make sweets tasty and fragrant Is used in 2. In making medicine – Cardamom is used in India and China to make medicines for stomach pain and other diseases.
- In puja – small cardamom is used in India and Nepal.
- Cardamom Benefits: Benefits of eating cardamom 1 Regular consumption of cardamom can be a serious disease like cancer. The anti-inflammatory elements of cardamom are effective in fighting oral cancer, skin cancer cells.
Health Benefits of Cardamom
1. Help reduce blood pressure
One of the most important advantages of cardamom is that it helps in reducing your high blood pressure. It is rich in antioxidants. Eating 3 grams of cardamom throughout the day keeps blood pressure normal to an extent. It has a natural diuretic effect which helps in getting the urine out of your body in the right amount.
2. Help to cure digestive diseases
Most of the spices used in India are known to keep digestive power away from diseases. Ilachi has many advantages. Cardamom, due to its disease-curing properties, works to provide relief from stomach blisters and gas troubles. The point of the house connected with this is that you put cardamom in water and boil it. Boil for a while so that its flavor gets into the water. Turn off the gas after 10 minutes and sieve the water. After filtering the water, drink it when it is warm. This will give you relief from stomach problems like stomach pain, blisters, gas, infection in the intestine.
3. Help fight bad bacteria
When you go to buy toothpaste in the market, you get many flavored toothpastes. Most of the natural ingredients will be cloves and cardamom. Why so? Because of the benefits of cardamom, tooth paste is also used. This is because it helps you stay away from bad bacteria and smell. The biggest advantage of cardamom is that it keeps you away from bacteria in the mouth and also keeps you away from teeth disease.
According to studies, cardamom does not allow bacteria to grow in your spit. Therefore many chewing gum makers use cardamom. Cardamom fights mouth bacteria and helps in keeping the entire mouth healthy.
Cardamom is one of the most important oils used in aromatherapy. Its flavor relaxes you physically and mentally. The benefits of cardamom may work for those who have more tension. If you want to use it during pregnancy, then please consult a doctor.
5. Help to recover after surgery
You feel like fainting after surgery due to injecting anesthesia before surgery. Cardamom will help you in such times. According to research, applying ginger, cardamom and tarragon oil on the neck relieves symptoms of nausea and vomiting.
After surgery, you can get relief from strong flavors such as cardamom, ginger, peppermint. Everyone’s body is not the same as you know and it also depends on the amount of anesthesia injected.
6. Help improve oxygen
Eating cardamom improves the way your lungs work and also helps in improving the intake of oxygen. In one study, two groups were drawn. The first group was asked to exercise on the treadmill after cardamom listens while the second group was asked to exercise on the treadmill without cardamom.
After the exercise, when the oxygen of both the groups was measured, the amount of oxygen was taken by the people of the first group. It is clear that cardamom helps in breathing properly.
7. Help fight inflammation
Cardamom is rich in antioxidants due to which inflammation is relieved. It has been proofed on animals, but humans are yet to be proofed. Till then you can consume 3 grams of cardamom a day and be healthy.
8. Relief of breathing problem
Eating cardamom provides relief in diseases like asthma. It breathes comfortably and relieves troublesome breath.
Eating cardamom provides relief in diseases like asthma
There are 3 types of cardamom in the market.
1. Green Cardamom
Green cardamom is also called real cardamom. Green cardamom is used in Middle Eastern and Nordic food. It is mostly used in Indian food. Cardamom is also used to mix flavors in sweets.
2. White cardamom
White cardamom is grown in tropical part of India, Malaysia and Costa Rica. White cardamom is the only green cardamom that is bleached to reduce its flavor. White cardamom has less flavor than green cardamom.
3. Black cardamom
Black cardamom is grown in the eastern Himalayas which is dark brown in color with large pods. Its flavor is smokey and tangy, which makes the dish even more delicious. People of South India use black cardamom in dessert.
Cardamom benefits for skin
1. Clear Skin
Black cardamom removes toxic from the body and makes the skin clean.
2. care of lips
Applying cardamom oil on the lips makes the lips soft and soft.
3. Medical Benefits
It helps in reducing inflammation and acts like an antiseptic cream. It relaxes the skin. Cardamom is also used in perfumes.
4. Help to heal skin allergies
Black cardamom relieves skin allergies due to being anti-bacterial. You can add honey to black cardamom and apply it on the allergic site.
5. Correct bleeding and clear color
Cardamom contains Vitamin C which is a good antioxidant which helps in normalizing blood flow in the body. because of this, the skin becomes light.
Cardamom is beneficial for skin and hair.
Benefits of cardamom for hair
1. Healthy Hair
Cardamom strengthens the roots of your hair. In addition, it gives shine to the hair, making the hair strong.
2. Nutritious diet to roots
Cardamom contains antioxidants which keeps hair roots strong. You can also wash the hair with cardamom water which will keep the hair strong. it cures the disease in the roots due to anti-bacterial properties.
What are the side effects of cardamom?
Cardamom can be eaten daily in any form such as whole cardamom, paste or oil powder,. It is safe to eat cardamom which is found in our food, if consumed in right quantity. Cardamom also has many medical benefits, due to which it can be eaten daily. But despite this there are also disadvantages of cardamom, which you can read from below.
1. Side effects for pregnant or lactating women (cardamom abortion)
- It is very important for pregnant women to be vigilant about their diet. All herbs and spices should be consumed in right quantity.
- Eating more cardamom can also lead to miscarriage. During pregnancy, consult your doctor before consuming cardamom.
- If you are breastfeeding, be sure to consult your doctor if you can eat high-flavored foods such as cardamom.
- So far there have been no complaints related to cardamom during breastfeeding. But still consult your doctor.
2. Side effects for people undergoing gallstones
If you are going through gallstones then consult your doctor before consuming cardamom.
. Depending on your health, the doctor will tell you whether you can take cardamom or not.
3. Side Effects on Skin
Eating cardamom for a long time and repeatedly can cause skin allergy. Taking cardamom in the wrong way can cause skin spots.
4. Respiratory Allergic Reaction
If you are allergic to cardamom, you will see these symptoms-
- Breathing problem
- Short of breath
- Chest pain
- Feeling weird
- Sew and sore throat
How to Include Cardamom in Your Diet
- Add small pieces of cardamom to your milk or tea in the morning and feel fresh.
- To make your normal vegetable good, add 2 to 3 cardamoms.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of cardamom powder to the sweets of the festival and add extra flavor and fragrance to the dessert.
- Boil 2 cardamoms, a few fennel seeds and ginger in water. Drink this mixture first thing in the morning and get relief from the problem of digestion.
Tips to use cardamom while cooking
Cardamom is considered one of the most important spices. You can use cardamom in the following methods.
- Cardamom can be used to contain lemons. After which lemon can be used.
- You can make a salad of citrus fruits followed by cardamom.
- Cardamom can be used for chicken migration.
- Cardamom can be added to kheer, gulab jamun and phirni to add flavor.
- For fragrance, green cardamom can be added to the casserole and curry vegetable.
- Cardamom is mostly added to flavor in tea.
- Cardamom is added to the hot spices, which are added to many veg and non-veg food.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.