As we have heard many times a apple a day keeps away from the doctor. Apple is good for health and in a diet 2,000 calorie is recommended. The total nutrients value in apple is calories 95, carbohydrates 25 grams, Fiber 4 grams, vitamin C 14 % of the RDI, vitamin K 5% of the RDI, & potassium 6% of the RDI.
As apple is rich in fiber it may be good for weight loss, lower the risk of heart diseases & type 2 diabetes. The pectin in it acts as a prebiotic & feed the good bacteria in the gut. Apple juice is good for your brain as it preserves the acetylcholine that declines with the growing age & linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
Now we will describe some tempting recipes that you can make at home:
1) Freshly prepared Apple Juice:
– 4 to5 apples
– 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
– 1/2 inch of fresh ginger piece
– 1 cup of water
– A handful of mint leaves and few tulsi leaves
– 1 pinch of black salt
– 1 pinch of black pepper powder
Method of preparation: 1) Wash all apples under running water.
2) Cut these apples into small pieces.
3) Now put these apples in a juice, add 1/2 cup of water in it. After that put a handful of mint leaves, few tulsi leaves, & 1/2 inch of fresh ginger in the juicer. Blend them all, with the help of strainer collect the juice. In the left juice add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 pinch of black salt, & 1 pinch of black pepper powder. Add this juice in a glass.
4) Drink this refreshing apple juice daily as it is good for your overall health.
2) Apple salad:
– 3 to 4 apples
– 3 to 4 teaspoon of lemon juice
– Fresh leaves of coriander
– A Handful of mint leaves
– Soaked Chia seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon of black salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder
– a pinch of roasted cumin seeds powder
Method of preparation:
1) Take the apples and clean it in running water.
2) After that peel the skin of these apples.
3) Slice these apples in small pieces in a bowl.
4) Now make a paste of coriander leaves & a handful of mint leaves.
5) Put this paste in the bowl of apple, add soaked chia seeds, 1/2 teaspoon of black salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder, & a pinch of roasted cumin seeds powder.
6) Mix them all well. Eat this yummy salad as it provides you good health.
3) Apple yogurt salad:
– 2 apples
– A small bowl of fresh yogurt
– 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
– a pinch of black pepper
– Half teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds powder
– Few coriander leaves
Method of preparation:
1) Take the apples and wash them under running water.
2) Peel of the skin of apples.
3) Cut them in small pieces.
4) In a small bowl of fresh yogurt add these sliced apples. Put a teaspoon of Chia seeds, a pinch of black pepper, half teaspoon of powdered cumin. For garnishing add few leaves of coriander.
5) Now apple yogurt salad is ready to eat. Have this salad for keeping yourself healthy.
Healthy tips: These recipes are good for your health as no oil is used for its preparation. So you can try any one of the above recipe as per the requirement.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh