Poha is a traditional and widely preferred breakfast recipe in the Western states of India. It is a quick breakfast of beaten rice or flattened rice. This recipe helps in controlling the blood sugar level, easily digestible, rich in iron and carbohydrates, and the most interesting quality is Poha is recommended as of low calories, that is why it can be eaten by every individual. Here we described the healthy & easy recipe of Poha –
Ingredients Required –
– 2 cups thick Poha (rice flakes)
– 1/3 cup of finely chopped onions
– 1 /2 cup peeled and finely chopped potato
– 1/3 teaspoon mustard seeds
– ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
– 9-10 curry leaves
– 1 finely chopped green chili
– 1 pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
– 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
– 1 ½ tablespoon of peanuts
– ½ tablespoon sugar
– 1 ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
– Salt as required
– 2 tablespoon oil
– ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds and
– 2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves.
Method of Preparation –
1. Take Poha in a large strainer, wash it for 2-3 times with your fingers under running water. Then, drain the excess water through a strainer and sprinkle a few amounts of salt over it, mix it well and keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, curry leaves, peanuts, and a pinch of Hing (Asafoetida). Allow them to sizzle until chilies turn crisp.
3. Add chopped onions and saute until onions turn translucent.
4. After that, add chopped potatoes, and salt as taste.
5. Mix it well and cook covered until potatoes turn tender, stir it for 3 minutes to prevent it from sticking.
6. Add turmeric powder and mix well for 1 minute.
7. Now add soaked Poha in it and stir it well.
8. Then cook it for about 2-3 minutes, then add lemon juice, finely chopped coriander leaves.
9. Mix all the ingredients and turn off the flame.
10. Your delicious Poha is ready for serving.