Garcinia Cambogia is a species of plant named Garcinia found in the origin of Indonesia. It is a fruit that ranges in size from grapes to oranges. It is yellow, green, sometimes red in color and small like a pumpkin. It is mainly used for cooking and for weight loss.
Garcinia cambogia nutritional properties
- Containing vitamin c
- Containing xanthones (phytonutrients)
- Supplements for weight loss
- Anti inflammatory
- Cancer fighting properties
Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia Cambogia contains hydroxycitric acid which prevents calories from being stored as fat in your body. It treats obesity by accelerating metabolism. Dr Shao Kang Hung, from Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, Devon, UK, says that weight gain can be achieved in a very short period of time by taking Garcinia.
Garcinia Cambogia is also known to eliminate fatigue by increasing endurance. The hydroxycitric acid (HCA) found in it increases stamina and motivates you to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Metabolism can better aid in weight loss. Garcinia cambogia reduces the accumulation of calories in fat-rich tissues by increasing your metabolism. Garcinia cambogia increases the rate of metabolism in your body by 5–10%.
Blood sugar control
Garcinia Cambogia keeps the level of blood sugar in your body under control. Regular intake of Garcinia Cambogia with water eliminates unexpected drops and spikes in your blood sugar levels. It is a better solution for patients with diabetes.
Reduce cholesterol level
Herbs and HCA compounds found in Garcinia cambogia reduce the body’s LDL (low density lipoproteins) cholesterol levels. It reduces the level of high cholesterol in your body due to which the chances of heart attack, stroke and many other fatal diseases are reduced.
HCA compounds present in Garcinia Cambogia reduce the level of cortisol in your body. Cortisol is a stress-causing hormone that increases levels of anxiety. Garcinia extract would prevent this hormone from being formed, thereby reducing oxidative stress in the brain. It is beneficial in reducing the symptoms of depression by affecting the mood of the person.
Garcinia Cambogia Uses
- It can be used as a spice to make traditional dishes like curry.
- You can take Garcinia Cambogia powder by mixing it with milk, water, juice or smoothies.
- Garcinia Cambogia capsules may be taken twice a day.
Prevention: Garcinia Cambogia pills should always be taken 30-40 minutes before your meal.
Garcinia Cambogia dosage
- 1500 mg of Garcinia Cambogia Powder should be taken by dividing it.
- Garcinia Cambogia pills can be taken 2 to 3 times a day (morning, afternoon and evening).
Avoidance: Garcinia Cambogia Always have an empty stomach before breakfast.
Garcinia Cambogia Side-Effects and Precautions
- Do not use Garcinia Cambogia if you are suffering from Dodhura disorder as it worsens the situation.
- It is also not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers.
- This worsens the damaged liver; Therefore, it is not useful for people suffering from liver diseases.
How to Use Garcinia Cambogia
- Garcinia cambogia is a type of supplement, which is recommended to be taken in the right quantity as per the need by consulting a doctor.
- Its powder can be used as a flavoring in smoothies and fruit juices etc.
- It can also be dried and used as a flavoring in various gravies.
Along with this, Garcinia Cambogia tea is also available in the market. It can be made this way:
- Heat a cup of water in a pan.
- When the water starts boiling, add a quarter teaspoon of Garcinia Cambogia tea leaves.
- After boiling this tea for some time, filter it and consume it.
What should I know before using Garcinia?
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, please consult a doctor once before taking this medicine. This is because during pregnancy, it is important for the woman to take care of food, so if this drug is consumed, it can prove to be harmful at times. Therefore, do consult a doctor once.
- If you are taking any health related medicine, then avoid consuming it.
- If you have any kind of allergy or harm from the medicine, do not use this medicine without doctor’s advice.
- Do not take it if you have any other disease, disorder or any medical treatment.
- If you are allergic to any kind of food, animal or stuff then you should avoid taking this medicine.
- Do not consider the information given here as an alternative to doctor’s advice. Always consult a doctor before using any medicine or supplement.
Pregnancy and lactation: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding small infants, please consult the doctor before using it. Researchers doing research on this say that during pregnancy, women should only consider the negative aspects before consuming anything and only after consulting a doctor.
It can be safe if used daily for 12 weeks.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.