Herbal Tea is a tea that you can use as a normal tea. But the benefits of herbal tea are very important for your health. Herbal tea serves as a supplementary diet to supplement extra nutrients for you. Herbal tea is a mixture of many types of products that help us get many health benefits. If herbal tea is used regularly, it can reduce weight, control diabetes, prevent infection, relieve stomach problems, skin problems, serious diseases, stress etc. Let’s know what is herbal tea. In ancient times herbal tea was called Tisane. Herbal teas are full of aroma, taste and healing properties. It is also known as Vedic tea in Indian Ayurveda. This tea is made using flowers, leaves, seeds, roots, bark and stems etc. There are many types of herbal teas. The health benefits of each type of herbal tea depends on its composition. Herbal tea provides cooling effect to the body by balancing the body temperature. People especially use herbal teas when they are ill.
Herbal Tea Nutritional Value
As you know there are many types of herbal teas. Many nutrients are present in it. Generally we consume 1 cup of herbal tea which is believed to be around 100 grams. The nutritional elements present in 100 grams of herbal tea are as follows.
Herbal teas contain up to 0.005 grams of saturated fat. It contains monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat up to 0.012 grams and 0.002 grams respectively. Herbal teas do not contain cholesterol at all. The amount of sodium and potassium found in this tea is also very less, which is 2 ml and 21 ml respectively. Vedic tea does not contain fiber and sugars. It contains good amount of Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
Herbal Tea Recipe
The method of making herbal tea is very easy. You can also make it in the office. To get maximum benefit from herbal leaves, it is important to take care of hot water only, temperature and time frame. For example, when making chamomile tea, remove the hot water from the gas and keep it for few seconds. Then put it on the tea and keep it covered for five minutes, this will keep the essential oil present in the tea and the color and flavor will also be good. Sieve and drink later. Putting jasmine tea in hot water for more than two minutes causes bitterness. Cover the chrysanthemum tea in warm water for three to four minutes. Its color will turn yellow.
- Follow the instructions on the herbal tea package. If possible, buy open herbal tea instead of tea bags.
- Once you make tea, you can use them again.
- Cover the herbal tea one to two minutes and then sieve and drink.
- Do not boil herbal leaves with water, they become oxidized.
Herbal Tea and Their Benefits
Chamomile Tea: This herbal tea made from blossom flower has cool and relaxing properties. Its use in gas or stretch of muscles gives relief. These flowers were grown by the Egyptians in ancient times. Its intake gives relief from insomnia. It is also beneficial for women in irregular menstruation. There is also relief in problems related to kidney and spleen.
Green Tea: This herbal tea is especially related to China. It is less oxidized. Logging is its popular variety. Along with reducing weight, it also has Kaiser resistance properties. You can also take it to relieve heart diseases and stress caused by long hours of work on computer.
Chrysanthemum Tea: This tea is quite popular in East Asia. This tea is known for its taste and aroma. It contains a lot of vitamins A and C, besides it also contains iron, calcium, fiber and carotene. Along with eye dryness, its intake is also beneficial in skin diseases. This tea also cools the body heat with benefits in colds, phlegm and fever.
Jasmine Tea: Just like jasmine flowers, both its fragrance and taste are going to be liked. This tea is popular among women. Its antioxidant properties protect against free radicals and control the effects of aging on the skin. High BP is also beneficial. Controls cancer cell growth.
Desi Herbal Tea: That is, tea containing ginger, fennel, basil and lentil, has been used in India for chronic cold, blood circulation, indigestion, fever and headache etc. People suffering from acidity are advised to drink fennel water. Herbal tea is also made with these properties in mind. You can also make them by drying them at home.
Peppermint Tea: It contains menthol, its intake relieves headache, cold, diarrhea and vomiting.
‘Mint Tea’ will refresh
You must have eaten mint sauce many times. However, you can also make mint tea at home. These are not only beneficial for your health, but at the same time it will fill you with freshness. So let’s know the recipe for making ‘Mint Tea’
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups of water
- To make mint tea, first clean the fresh mint leaves with water.
- Now boil the water in a pan on low heat. Add mint leaves to the water.
- After this add black salt and black pepper. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Now filter it. Your mint tea is ready.
- If you want, you can also add milk to this mixed water. However, the amount of milk should be more than water.
- If the fresh mint leaves are not available, then you can use the dried mint leaves as powder.
Menthol is found in mint. This tea makes you feel refreshed.
It controls the amount of sugar in the body.
Peppermint is anti-bacterial, so this tea is also very beneficial for skin. Leave Black and Green Tea, now drink White Tea which will keep you fit and healthy
Tasty Middle Eastern Lemon Tea
You must have drunk lemon tea many times. There are many options of Lemon Tea in the market too. But today we will teach you how to make Middle East Lemon Tea. Lemon peel powder is also added with lemon juice in this tea, which further enhances the taste of this tea.
- 1 teaspoon black tea
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 cups of water
- Best to dry the lemon peel at home and prepare its powder. For this you do not need to work hard, you have to clean the lemon peel with water and dry it in the sun. Then prepare its powder. 6 benefits of weight loss and period pain, one cup of masala tea
- If you are not able to prepare the powder, then you grate the peel. Put this powder in boiling water.
- After this, you add tea leaves to it. And let it boil. Its color will be light brown.
- When the tea boils, add lemon juice and serve hot.
You can also add milk and sugar in this tea for a different version. If you want to further enhance its taste, then you should also add vanilla sugar or vanilla essence.
- During the day, if you are experiencing too much dullness or laziness, then you tea yellow. You will feel fresh.
- You can drink this tea even if you have cold. This will give you relief in the cold.
Beetroot Red Velvet Tea Recipe
Beetroot means beetroot. You must have eaten beet salad, juice, vegetable etc. But, have you ever drank its tea? If you do not drink then definitely try it. You can try this tea anytime in the morning or night. Its taste is very different. So let us teach you how to make beet tea.
- 3 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons black tea leaves
- 6 cardamom crushes
- 2 launches
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons beet puree
- First take a pan and add cardamom, longang, ginger, cinnamon etc. and fry for 2 minutes. Then set them aside.
- Then in the same pan, put the tea leaves in the pan and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Take another pan and boil milk in it. After drinking green tea for 3 months, this effect on my skin, hair and stomach
- Take a mug. Add tea in half a mug and milk in half. Put 2 tablespoon beetroot on it. Mix it well
- You can also add sugar as per your taste. If the beet is sweet then you will not need it too.
You can also make beet powder by drying beet instead of puree. You can also use beet powder in tea.
Beetroot contains powerful antioxidants. It is also anti-inflammatory. It protects the body from all kinds of infections.
Chocolate Masala Tea
If you are also a chocolate lover with tea lover, then you should make a new experiment with your tea and make chocolate flavored tea at home.
- 1 tablespoon tea leaf
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 clove
- 5 cardamom
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- First put the milk in a pan and heat it on low heat. Try this special tea if you are troubled by fatigue and depression
- When the milk starts boiling, add tea leaf, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom powder to it. Let it boil for 1 minute.
- After this add sugar and cocoa powder. Cook this mixture for 5 minutes. After that filter the tea and serve it.
- Always add cocoa powder and sugar only after the milk boils or else the milk may burst.
- If you do not have cocoa powder then you can crush chocolate and add it. You can also use chocolate by melting it.
- Chocolate has a stock of anti-oxidants. It controls hypertension and mood swings.
- According to a study published in The Journal of Nutrition, chocolate beds reduce cholesterol levels and avoid heart disease risk.
Magic Mushroom Tea Recipe
You must have heard about mushroom vegetable, salad and soup and tasted it too. But today we will teach you how to make mushroom tea. It is prepared in very few ingredients and time.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Take a deep non-stick pan first. Add the mushrooms and fry the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes on low heat. Fry the mushrooms until they are brown in color.
- Now add 2 cups of water, salt and pepper. Now cook it on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After this you filter it and serve it like tea. You will not know about the best benefits of these 5 types of tea
If you can add some fresh cream or butter to this tea, it will make your tea even more temperate.
Mushrooms contain a wealth of anti-oxidants. It controls your blood sugar and increases immunity.
Taiwan Style Tea with Fruit Flavor
You may have heard of different fruit teas. But at home, you can also make tea by cutting different fresh fruits. We tell you how to make fruit tea in Taiwan.
- 1/2 apple diced
- 2 strawberries cut into two pieces
- 3-4 spruce pineapples
- 1 glass orange juice
- 1 glass of water
- Firstly chop fresh fruits. There is no need to finely chop them. You can cut them into round or square shapes.
- After this you have to heat orange juice in a pan. Keep in mind you don’t have to boil the juice, just heat it. You can also buy orange juice ready-made and fresh extract at home.
- After this you need a glass pot which is airtide and microwave safe. Add all the chopped fruits in it. Pour hot juice over these fruits and then add water. Now close this vessel. Drink green tea several times a day, so know these 4 things as well
- Now take an earthen pot and add hot coal to it. Place a tea pot over it. Let it cook in the steam for 20 minutes. After some time, you will see its color differently.
- Then you can serve it hot. You will taste mix fruits in this tea.
You can also substitute mix fruit juice or pineapple juice instead of orange juice.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.