Male sexual Health: Male sexual dysfunction is becoming a common and serious health problem affecting men of all ages and it is increasing like fire in the forest. But many people don’t feel like talking about it. Male sexual health issues are arising due to physical and psychological stress which is increasing day by day. Around 30-40 % males are suffering from the sexual health problems. Our present day lifestyle such as bad eating habits, lack of physical exercise, increasing work stress, smoking, alcohol are contributing a lot in this.
Common sexual health issues men are dealing with:
- Lack of sexual desire or interest (low libido)
- Difficulty in physical arousal or excitement
- Absent or delayed ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction
- Inability to control the timing of ejaculation
- Pain during intercourse
- Unable to reach climax
Factors contributing for increasing sexual health problems:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Diseases like diabetes, vascular, cardiac diseases, neurological disorders, kidney and liver failure
- Alcohol abuse
- Antidepressant drugs
- Work related stress and anxiety
- Past traumas
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
What Ayurveda Say about male sexual health:
Ayurveda is a science of life and longetivity. It focuses on maintaining overall health by keeping body, mind and spirit in equilibrium. Male sexual health is defined separately by our acharyas in ancient text as “Vajikaran” or “Vrishya chikitsa” It is one of the eight major specialty among “Ashtanga Ayurveda”. Vajikaran is basically concerned with virility, aphrodisiacs, improving male health. The word vajikaran means horse vigor, particularly building an great sexual activity in an individuals.
Vajikaran Chikitsa involves various processes such as Sodhana (detoxification) through Panchkarma therapy involving Vaman (medicated emesis), Virechan (medicated purgation), Snehana (oleation therapy), Swedana (sudation). After sodhana depending upon the prakriti (vata, pitta and kapha) of the person certain herbal mineral preparations are given.
Vajikaran Rasayan (Rejuvuvination) is a special type of Rasayan therapy which improves the male reproductive health and improves sexual functions. These Rasayan Acts on the brain centres (hypothalamus and limbic system). These drugs has anti-stress and adaptogenic properties.
Herbs to enhance the male sexual Health:
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Ashwagandha has accepted the global acceptance to give best health benefits. It is used in various health issues including reproductive health. Ashwagandha is known to be an adaptogen. It increases the male sex drive, increases sperm mortality, increases the blood to the genitals and enhance overall reproductive health.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus): This is counted as the most effective medicine to combat infertility. It is useful in balancing heat in the body and generating hostile environment for the formation of sperms. It also manages stress, anxiety, anger and irritability.
- Kapikacchu (Mucuna pruriens): It enhances the process of sperm formation and also increases the sperm mortality. It enhances the vitamins like A, C, E that are essential for the process of sperm formation. It is beneficial for male infertility
1. Safed Musli Roots (Asparagus): The dried roots of asparagus or safed musli has rejuvenating power on male reproductive health. It is aphrodiasic in nature.it combats the issue of premature ejaculation, improves sperm count, regular dose improves impotency.
2. Shilajit: Everyone knows about the magic of the drug shilajit. It is wonderful in enhancing sexual desires. It strengthens the muscles and empower the fatigue. It is the best herb for male reproductive health.
3. Methi seeds (Fenugreek): Methi seeds have various benefits such as reduce risk of diabetes, reduces inflammation, weight loss, enhances reproductive health. It increases the testosterone levels. It is proven to increase production and morphology of sperm. +
4. Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris): It is one of the best herb for enhancing male reproductive health. It improves sperm mortality and sperm count. It is also beneficial for the inflammation of genitals, low libido, erectile dysfunction and improves overall health of males.
– Relax and minimize stress
– Meditation to combat stress and anxiety
– Avoid alcohol and smoking
– Enough vitamin D to enhance testosterone levels
– Vitamin C to boost immune system (amla is the best source)
– Exercise daily to reduce stress hormone levels in the body
– Lead a healthy lifestyle
– Adequate sleep
– Overnight soaked nuts like almond, walnuts should be taken empty stomach early in the morning
– Stop steroidal intake
Managing Male Health with Chandigarh Ayurved Centre
1. Detox Premium powder:
Detox premium powder is a herbo-mineral preparation containing ingredients such as jahar mohra pishti, parwal pishti, shukta pishti, shankh bhasma, kehrva pishti, moti bhasam, giloy satv, kamdudha ras, etc. This herbal powder help in overall detoxification of the body, balances pitta dosha in the body, reduces inflammation, pain, sudden pain, and improves the overall health of women, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
2. Men Power Plus tablet:
Mostly at one age men may suffer from low self-esteem and become negative. This also occurs because they are facing problems in their sexual life. There might be early ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. A feeling of inferiority also occurs and they feel hesitate to visit a doctor or discuss this problem. It also affects their relationship and leads to fighting, divorce, loss of self-confidence, the stress in their personal life.
If a person has difficulty in having and keeping an erection more than 25% of the time, its a time for consultation. Ayurveda offers a great solution to this problem.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily.
3. Nerve up tablet:
Nerve up tablet is a herbo-mineral tablet and is the purely ayurvedic formulation. CAC Nerve up tablets helps in balancing the Vata doshas. It reduces Kapha dosha, and acts as a nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. These contain natural vatahar properties and helps in curing Vata diseases.
It acts as CNS stimulant: speed up physical and mental processes. Works in Erectile dysfunction, Body weakness, and Insomnia
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily.
4. Kaunch Beej Capules:
Kaunch beej or Cowhage is widely known as “The magic velvet bean”. It is a leguminous plant and is a good source of protein. Kaunch beej increases sexual desire as well as the quality and quantity of sperm due to its aphrodisiac property. It helps in the management of nervous disorders like Parkinson’s diseases and controls the symptoms of arthritis. The most effective way of consuming Kaunch beej powder is with milk. It might also help reduce the risk of breast cancer[1-3]. External exposure to the hair of the Kaunch beej pod or the seed itself can cause severe itching, burning and rashes.
Recommended Dosage: Take one capsule twice daily.
5. Shilajit Satva:
Shilajeet of 10gm packing is a herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. It balances all the three doshas of your body but mainly works on Kapha dosha.
It is a blackish-brown powder or an exudate from mountain rocks found mainly in the Himalayas. It is an effective and safe supplement that has a positive effect on your overall health and well being. CAC Shilajit is available in the form of Shilajit Satva. It is a potent Immunity Booster and acts as an antioxidant, possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It has a tremendous effect on Male Harmones, Anaemia, Alziehmers disease, improves brain functions, Fatigueness, various Tumours and Cysts like PCOD in females. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties it works on inflamed lymph nodes as well. It balances blood sugar, increases absorption of nutrients, helps in detoxification, helps in reducing mood swings.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 drops 2 time a day with milk.
6. Trikatu Syrup:
Trikatu Syrup is purely Ayurvedic formulation made up of three herbs. CAC Trikatu Syrup helps to eliminate excess Kapha or mucous from the body, supports respiratory system, manages weight, helps to take out impurities or ama from the body, supports healthy detoxification, reduces swelling. It shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, expectorant, antioxidant properties. This syrup is made up of equal parts of three herbs such as Pippali (Piper longum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), & Marich (Piper nigrum) that maintains the metabolism in the body. The regular use of this syrup balances the thyroxine hormone and treats hyperthyroidism naturally. It is an Appetizer and it improves digestion, supports normal gastric function, and normal circulation.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablespoon a day.
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.