Muscle is contractile tissue of the human body which primarily functions as a source of power. Muscles’ contractile movements help us to move. The muscular system is composed of muscle fiber, connective tissues, blood vessels, and nerves.
Many people, especially sportsmen and women, require lots of energy to earn in their living. The same with kind bodybuilders as they need lots of muscle strength. This form reason to use Ayurveda supplements that not only boosts health it also increases body muscle strength. Ayurveda herbs are natural and safe for use. Therewith, it is a most emphatic way to strengthen muscles naturally.
Kinds of Muscle
- Cardiac muscle
- Smooth muscle
Functions of Muscle
- Temperature regulation
CAUSES OF MUSCLE WEAKNESS
Following factors can cause muscle weakness, include-
- Muscle weakness is commonly
- Due to lack of exercise
- Muscle injury
- Heart disease
- Multiple sclerosis,
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (ME)
- taking in enough protein
- overeating or underrating
- insufficient rest and sleep
- incompatible food combinations
HERBS FOR MUSCLE STRENGTH
In muscle building requires not only the use of a balanced diet, but one can add Ayurveda herbs for better results. Most herbs used in muscle strengthening include.
ASHWAGANDHA (Withania somnifera)
- Ashwangandha also known as Indian ginseng.
- It has been most significant component of Ayurvedic medical practices for a long time.
- It is highly potent and increases the muscles and enhances its strength.
- Ashwagandha has therapeutic properties and is used as supplements.
- This is a most relevant factor for increasing stamina and muscles strength.
- It promotes heart health that supplies the essential nutrients in muscles and recovers from any injuries.
- It nourishes the body system, especially the muscles, by giving much energy.
- It is known to reduces body fat percentage, increasing muscle mass.
- Other advantages are reducing blood sugar levels, anxiety disorders and chronic stress that are not found in other synthetic protein powders.
SHATAVARI (Asparagus racemosus)
- This herb has been used in ayurvedic herbs for centuries.
- Due to its potent antioxidant and adaptogenic effect removes toxins and free radicals.
- Shatawari helps the muscular system, leading to a healthy build-up of a pleasing physique
- It is high in nutrients that have proprieties in the synthesis of proteins that promotes muscle growth.
- It is belongs to the asparagus family.
- it contains strong antioxidants and can also provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Synthetic protein powders are produced to focus mainly on muscle gain and are devoid of any such profits.
- Researcher suggests that it increases the capability of muscles to utilize glycogen and free fatty acids accordingly delaying exhaustion by a whopping.
- If you wanting adequate nourishment and improve muscle heath, one teaspoon of shatavari powder should be consumed with food or hot water at least once daily.
GOKSHURA (Tribulus terrestris)
- It is a healing and immunity boosting natural medicinal herb, found in the sub-Himalayan forests of India.
- It is used in building muscles and nourishes the body.
- Bodybuilder and athletes have used this herb to boost muscles as conventional medicine have been raised an issue in anti-doping.
- Gokshura has been used in the reduction of fatigue experienced by athletes and also increases muscle strength.
- It also Useful in the management of Urinary Disorders, Beneficial for Eye Health and strengthen the respiratory System.
- Gokshura reduces athletic fatigue significantly and increases muscle strength.
- It has also been used to cure cough and asthama by increasing the supply of oxygen during the circulation of blood which makes usage of muscles effective and efficient.
- This is the excellent herb for athletes and individuals going to the gym because it increases muscle strain tolerance.
SAFED MUSLI (Chlorophytum borivilianum)
- Safed Musli is considered as one of the essential herbs with adaptogenic qualities that helps the human body adapt to stressful situations.
- safed Musli is a rare herb that grows in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Safed musli has been known to surge growth hormone production and is the norm herb to obtain large muscles.
- In addition, studies have shown that safed musli enhances testosterone harmone levels too.
- Muscle protein powders are known to aid muscle growth but safed musli provides dual benefits by assisting muscle growth as well as recovery.
TREATMENTS IN AYURVEDA
Ayurveda described various treatments for muscle health. The treatments include abhyangam (oil massage), Pottalies and Panchakarma (purification) procedure, mainly basti (medicated enema)
Oil Massage (Abhyangam)
Oil massage is explained in daily routine practices. Massage with Mahanarayana tail, Tailam, Ksheerabala Tailam, Karpooradi Tailam and Chinchadi Tailam preferred.
Oil massage keeps the skin and muscles healthy.
Different types of pottalies are explained in Ayurveda. For bone and muscle health, usually, pottali is made with meat and sashitk shali rice is indicated. Both have proven effects on muscle diseases.
Panchakarma (bio-purification) procedure
Basti (medicated enema)
Ayurveda described Many varieties of drugs for Basti (medicated enema). Rajayapana Basti is selected for promote muscle health because of its beneficial Sadhyo Balajanana and Rasayana effects.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.