Nowadays most of the people are troubled by pain in different parts of the body. Sitting in one position for a long time, lack of nutrients in the body, aging and an inactive lifestyle can cause pain. People often take painkillers when there is pain in any part of the body, but the effect of taking painkillers in excess amounts on our kidneys. In such a situation, if you want, you can try some Ayurvedic remedies to get relief from body pain.
AYURVEDIC HERBS FOR BODY SPASM
- Brahmi: Brahmi plant is very beneficial to remove body pain. You can use Brahmi oil for this. Brahmi oil has analgesic properties. Massage with Brahmi oil is recommended in Ayurveda to relieve pain. along with this, brahmi oil also has antinociceptive effect. This effect helps in reducing pain. Therefore, Brahmi plant is also known as a pain reliever. You can also use Brahmi oil as a home remedy to relieve pain.
- Ashoka tree: Ashoka tree is also known as a pain reliever. It is rich in flavonoids. It acts like a pain reliever. Not only this , the bark of Ashoka tree is also beneficial in removing pain . Ashoka bark has analgesic effect, which is helpful in relieving pain.
- Ashwagandha : Most of the people feel pain due to weakness in the body. In such a situation, Ashwagandha is considered beneficial. Ashwagandha is rich in nutrients, so it provides relief from joint and bone pain. Ashwagandha is used in Ayurveda to overcome many problems. You can take Ashwagandha in the form of capsules, powder, etc. in case of body pain. It also removes physical weakness. It is beneficial for both women and men.
- Asparagus: Shatavari is used in Ayurveda to overcome the problems related to women. Shatavari is said to be very beneficial for women. Shatavari also provides relief from joint, bone pain in women. Shatavari contains a good amount of vitamin K, which makes bones strong. Not only this, asparagus also contains iron, which makes bones and body stronger. Shatavari is beneficial for women
- Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are also beneficial in reducing body pain. Sesame seeds are rich in potassium, protein, iron, calcium and vitamin B6. All these nutrients make bones and muscles strong. That’s why you must include sesame seeds in your diet. You can also eat laddoos made from sesame seeds.
AYURVEDIC PROCEDURES IN BODY SPASM:
- SNEHAN: Snehan or Oleation therapy helps in loosening the body toxins which are stuck up into our body systems causing ailments. Oleation is of two types internal and external oleation, where in Internal Oleation Sneha dravya like plain or medicated ghee, oil is taken orally in desirable amount. External Oleation therapy consists of whole or partial body massage with medicated oils. Our skin being semi-permeable absorbs this oil to some extent.
- SWEDAN: Swedan or Sudation therapy is sweating induced by steam,it liquifies the toxins and increases the flow of toxins to Gastrointestinal tract (Koshtha). There are various ways of applying swedan therapy like Nadi sweda, Pinda sweda, Patra pottali, Valuka sweda, etc the type of sweda to be used is selected according to the patient and the disease he is suffering from.
- PATRA PINDA SWEDA: Patra Pinda Sweda is known as Elakizhi, and is described as a form of sweat therapy prepared from herbal ingredients such as the leaves of medicinal plants. Different leaves are selected for this procedure depending on the disease to be treated and the dosha involved in causing the disorder. The commonly used leaves of the plants are Eranda (Ricinus communis), Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Arka (Calotropis gigantea), etc. Helps in reducing the pain, stiffness, and inflammation. It pacifies the vata dosha
- SARVANGYA ABHAYANGA – Abhyangam is one of the most important dincharyas (daily regimen) mentioned in the Ayurveda for achieving good health and longevity. In Ayurveda, Abhyanga is done by using herbal oils that have several health benefits. Calms the nerves and promotes deeper and better sleep, Eliminates body impurities and helps in reducing weight, Improves blood circulation and stimulates internal organs
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTRE MEEDICATIONS
- PAIN-O-KILL TABLETS: As the name suggests these tablets will kill the pain naturally. The herbs present in the formation of these tablets are Ashwagandha, Hadjod, Punarnava, Nirgundi, Methi, Garlic, etc. These herbs in combination show antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, immuno-modulator properties. The regular use of these tablets reduce body pain and acts on its root cause.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
- Pain-O-kill Syrup: The herbal syrup is prepared from ingredients like Shunthi, Shudh Guggulu, Ashwagandha, Hadjod, Nirgundi, etc that reduces pain naturally. This herbal syrup helps to reduce body pain, muscle stiffness, inflammation, & swelling. The ingredients used for the preparation of the syrup possess antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, etc properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls twice daily.
NERVE UP TABLET: These tablets are pure ayurvedic formulation. Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas and kapha dosha. It acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet helps in Backache, knee pain, headache, bronchitis, depression.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- NERVE PLUS TABLET: These tablets shows Anti-bacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Analgesic and immune-modulator properties. It contains herbal ingredients Ghritkumari (Aloe barbadensis), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum), Giloy satav (Tinospora crdifolia), shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, shudha vatsnabh, shudh singraf. It is beneficial for migraine, lower back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, stimulating nerves and appetite.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
- PAIN-O-KILL OIL: This herbal oil provides good results in body pain, swelling, stiffness, & inflammation. Massage with this oil relieves pain, stiffness, & swelling. Pain-O-Kill oil is prepared from herbal ingredients like Jyotishmati, Kustha, Devdaru, Vatsnabh, Rasna, etc. These all ingredients show anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, & analgesic properties. The antioxidant nature removes all toxins out from the body. Anti-inflammatory & analgesic properties reduce inflammation & pain in the body
Method of Application: Take few drops of oil in your hands after that gently massage over the affected area of your body pain.
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.