Understanding the herb:
Kaunch beej is the seed of the herb “Kapikacchu” (Mucuna pruriens). This herbs is mainly found in India, America, Australia, Southren Africa . It is also called as “cowhage” or “magic velvet beans”. It is protein rich herb and superfood that has various benefits on male sexual health, strengthens immunity and improves overall health. Kaunch beej has aphrodisiac properties and improves the quality of sperm. It contains a constituents Levodopa (L-dopa) that is used to treat parkinsons. In ancient time this herb is used to manage sexual debility, impotency,infertility, aphrodisiac etc.
Other names: konch, kavach, cowhage, cow itch, kapikacchu, kewanch, magic velvet beans, nausukinni, naikorana, mucuna etc
Medicinal properties of Kaunch beej:
- Madhur (sweet) and Tikta rasa (bitter)
- Guru guna (heavy to digest) and snigdha guna (oily)
- Hot potency (ushna veerya)
- Madhur vipaka (sweet after digestion)
- Vrushya prabhava (aphrodisiac effect)
- Balances all three doshas specifically Vatahara.
- Other special qualities includes balya (increase strength), brihana (proper nourishment to the body), nervine tonic, spermatogenic, erectogenic
Other health benefits:
- It helps in maintaining strength , boosts up the immunity, energy levels, endurance and supports overall health
- It is supperfood rich in nutrients like vitamin E and C that promotes good digestion.
- Natural source of Levo dopa that is helpful in parkinson’s patients
- It strengthens nervous system
- It enhances sexual desire (libido) and boosts sexual health
- Manages blood sugar levels
- It revitalizes the reproductive health of both male and female
- It lowers down stress and anxiety
- It enhances intellect
- It maintains serotonin levels hence helpful in improving mood and sleep
- Seeds are rich in iron hence combat anemia
- For lactating mothers it enhances milk production since it is rich in calcium
- Helpful in lowering down the blood pressure
- Rich in essential amino acid methionine that helps in improving skin and hair health
- Helpful in gaining muscle mass
Indications in diseases:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Amnesia, dementia
- Low testosterone levels
- Oligospermia, erectile dysfunction, impotency
- General weakness and fatigue
- Anxiety and stress
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre Kaunch beej or Cowhage is widely known as “The magic velvet bean”. It is a leguminous plant and is a good source of protein. Kaunch beej increases sexual desire as well as the quality and quantity of sperm due to its aphrodisiac property. It helps in the management of nervous disorders like Parkinson’s diseases and controls the symptoms of arthritis. The most effective way of consuming Kaunch beej powder is with milk. It might also help reduce the risk of breast cancer[1-3]. External exposure to the hair of the Kaunch beej pod or the seed itself can cause severe itching, burning and rashes.
- In Parkinson’s.
- In snakebite.
- Anti microbial properties.
- In diabetes
- In skin
- In worm infertation
- Bone and joint condition
- Muscle pain
- Stimulate surface blood flow in condition that involves paralysis and other condition.
- Neuro restorative
- Erectogenic etc
DOSAGE – 1-2 Capsules twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
Chandigarh ayurved centre products are 100% safe and natural. MADE IN INDIA.
- This product is formulated under the guidance of MD AYURVEDA expert.
- Natural and herbal products for overall health.
- 100% natural and safe product.
- Maintains a healthy immune system.
- Free from preservatives and chemicals.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.