Oats are the best for our daily nutrition needs such as protein, carbohydrates and fiber. Eating oats fills our stomach and there is no earthquake for a long time. Oats Uttapam is one of the easy and quick to make snacks.. Adding vegetables makes it even more healthy. Adding grated carrot, chopped capsicum, onion, tomato, cottage cheese or cheese etc. makes it very tasty.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 4 servings
- 100 grams oats
- 30 grams rava
- 60 grams curd whipped
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1 small tomato seeded
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 ‘tablespoons coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Water as required
- 30ml oil
- Dry roast the oats in a nonstick pan on low heat.
- Keep stirring occasionally so that they are cooked from each side.
- Remove strictly and refrigerate.
- Grind half an amount of oats in a mixie to make a powder.
- In the same way, grind the rest of the oats.
- Combine oats powder, rava and curd in a bowl.
- Add a little water and beat the mixture well so that no lumps remain.
- Idli flour should be slightly thinner but thicker than dosas flour.
- Batter for Oats Uttapam
- Keep this mixture aside for 15 minutes.
- Both oats and rava absorb water – so you can add more water.
- Add salt and red chilli and whisk well.
- Heat the nonstick griddle on low heat.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons oats flour in the center of the pan.
- Spread the dough with a ladle in a round shape.
- Pour one teaspoon of oil on top and sides.
- Let it cook for a minute.
- Now add chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves over the uttapam.
Oats Uttapam step by step process
- Then add some oil.
- When the bottom of the uttapam is cooked and gives a golden brown color, then reverse it.
- Now allow this portion to cook for 5 minutes and then take it out in a plate.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.