Oregano is a shrubby plant that is used as a spice and medicine. It is cultivated on a small scale. Oregano has many medicinal properties. In some diseases, oregano acts like a panacea. Oregon is used in many ways according to diseases. Oregano is also used as a spice, powder, decoction and extract.
Oregano botanical name is Origanum vulgare. It is an herb whose plant looks like a basil and its leaves resemble mint leaves. The height of oregano is about one to three feet. Its leaves are also used in food items like pizza, soup and pasta. Consuming oregano leaves is beneficial for our body to get rid of many physical problems.
Types of oregano
It is considered a very beneficial plant. There are about 60 species of oregano worldwide. But here three major oregano species are named.
- European Oregon
- Greek oregon
- Mexican oregano
Oregon’s nutritional elements – Oregano Nutritional Value in many types of nutrients, minerals and vitamins are found in Oregon. The following nutrients are found in its 100 grams of dry leaves.
- 9 grams of protein
- 68.92 g carbohydrate
- 4.09 grams sugar
- 1597 mg calcium
- 1260 mg potassium
- 36.8 mg iron
- 270 mg magnesium
- 148 mg phosphorus
- 2.3 mg Vitamin C
- 0.177 mg thiamine
- 4.64 mg Niacin
- 1.044 mg Vitamin-B6
- 1.551 g fatty acid total saturated
Benefits of Oregon
The benefits of oregano or oregano have been used for years to maintain good human health. The green plant of oregano has a lot of medicinal properties that keep our body fit and healthy. The following element is present in Oregon.
- Vitamins A, C, E and K
- Omega fatty acids
Oregano Benefits For Joints Pain
Oregano provides relief from joint pain and muscle soreness. For this, put oregano leaves in a coffee filter, mesh bag or cotton cloth bag and add hot water from above. Let it settle in the tub and relax with this lukewarm and aromatic water.
Benefits of Oregano in stomach pain And helps to overcome digestive problems. Oregon improves the flow of bile juice in digestive organs.
For this, put 2 or 3 drops of Oregano Oil in a glass of milk or juice or hot water and consume it.
Benefits of Oregano For Cardiac Problems, rich in natural properties, Oregon oil helps in relieving heart problems. Oregano herb is a good source of potassium. Oregon is a good element for body parts and cells. Oregon controls heart beat and also relieves a serious problem like blood pressure. It is helpful in keeping heart disease away.
Oregano Benefits For Hair – Medicinal oregano oil can also help to overcome the problem of dandruff. For this, mix three drops of oregano oil in your shampoo and apply it well in your hair. Wait for 2 to 3 minutes and then clean your hair with lukewarm water. If there is a lot of itching in your scalp, then oregano oil can be a solution to this problem because many anti-bacterial properties are found in oregano. For this, add three drops of oil to any normal oil and apply it in your scalp. After keeping it for 45 minutes, wash the hair with a medicated shampoo.
Benefits of oregano (oregano) in skin problems – According to Ayurveda, oregano leaves also have the ability to remove acne problems. Its anti fungal, anti septic and anti oxidant properties help in removing problems from the skin by removing impurities. For your information, it is used as an important medicine in many medicated skin care products such as foot cream, skin toner and face wash.
Oregano benefits for cancer Oregon, which is rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, also keeps away the risk of breast cancer and prostate cancer.
Benefits of oregano in reducing menstrual pain – Oregano Benefits For Periods Pain in Hindi The dried leaves of oregano act as a health tonic. Because many elements are found in oregano which provide strength to the body and provide relief in the problem of cold, fever, cold, indigestion, bad stomach and painful periods.
Some Other Benefits Of Oregano In Hindi, in weight loss and cold.
- Oregano also serves to transport calcium from the blood vessels to the bones. This helps in blood circulation and bone growth.
- Oregon is quite effective for curing irregular menstrual cycle and reducing the effects of menopause.
- Oregano vitamins and minerals are found which are essential for health and skin.
- Oregano (oregano) helps in relaxing blood coagulation. For this, add 3 drops of Oregano Oil in 1 glass of warm water. And kept consuming it daily for 4 to 5 days.
- The ingredients of oregano also help in immediate relief in fever, influenza and lower abdominal pain.
- Grinding oregano leaves and applying its paste provides relief from arthritis, swelling, and itching.
- Use of oregano oil is very beneficial in case of allergy.
- Oregon manganese contains a good amount of antioxidants and iron, which helps to overcome the problem of anemia.
Uses of Oregano (oregano) – Along with the benefits of Oregano Usage, we also take oregano in domestic use. Oregano tastes good with any dish made of tomatoes. Also, oregano is mostly used with spicy vegetables such as chili, spaghetti sauce, pizza, zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower. Oregano is used in meat, sausages, salads, decorations, stews and soups. In oregano food products, oregano oil and oily are used in food and beverages. Oregano oil has carminative, gastric, diuretic, diuretic properties. Other spices that combine with dried oregano are garlic, onion, thyme, basil, parsley and olive oil.
- Roast the leaves of oregano in a pan and add it to your favorite chili or taco dish.
- Pour oregano over a piece of feta cheese and pour olive oil and serve seven olives.
- Using too much of a mildly flavored food can make Oregon’s taste strong and bitter. Therefore, at least mix it.
- Oregano goes well with almost any tomato dish. Also, Oregano is highly flavored with high-flavored vegetables like chili, spaghetti sauce, pizza and cauliflower.
- When using dried oregano, crush it with your palm before mixing it with food. This enhances the essential oils and flavors of oregano.
- Dried oregano has a great flavor and a strong aroma, and oregano combines well with coriander and cumin.
- Oregon is also known as ‘Pizza Herb’ as it is used to enhance the taste of pizza.
Above you learned about the benefits and health benefits and uses of Oregon. Therefore, oregano is not inferior to any allopathic medicines, it is also used as food along with medicine. Now we know about the loss of oregano.
Side effects of oregano
- Consumption of oregano in small amounts is considered completely safe. But in some situations, it should be avoided.
- Women should not consume oregano during pregnancy, as excessive intake of it may lead to miscarriage.
- Breastfeeding women should avoid taking Oregon.
- Those who have a problem of not having a blood clot should avoid the consumption of oregano, as it can aggravate the problem.
- Excess of oregano intake can make your stomach upset.
- If you consume too much of oregano then the blood sugar level may decrease.
- If you use oregano oil on your skin, it can cause irritation on your skin. However, it can be used by mixing coconut or olive oil.
- People who are allergic to basil, peppermint and lavender etc. may also be allergic to oregano.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.