Tadgola is a fruit, it is known as Palm in English. Its tree is about 20 to 40 feet in height. These trees have no branches and the plants are very straight. Their leaf is pointed and thorny. This tree mainly grows in a warm place. These trees bear fruits and flowers and the flowers are yellow in color, which gives great fragrance. A cast takes at least 8 to 10 tadgola. Tadgola is green when raw and yellow when cooked. Tadgola fruit is sweet and tasty in food. It cools the stomach heat. This fruit contains many vitamins and minerals which is beneficial for health.
What are the nutritional elements and minerals of Tadgola?
Tadgola (tadphal) has many nutritious elements and minerals. It contains calories, fat, sodium, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar, protein, potassium, copper, vitamin B6, and zinc.
Consuming fruits not only makes us healthy but also gives nutritional elements to the body. If you too are fond of fruits, then this news is special for you, because today we have brought a special fruit for you. This fruit is very beneficial for summer days. Along with making you feel cool and fresh, it also protects you from many serious diseases. We are talking about Tadgola found in coastal states of India like Konkan Goa in Maharashtra and other states like South India. Tadgola is also known as Ice Apple.
Health benefits of ice apple tadgola/ palm fruit
Due to the high amount of water in Tadgola, it keeps our body hydrated. This fruit also makes the immune system strong. Nutrients like vitamin B, iron, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and calcium are found in it. Rich in minerals and vitamins, this fruit is no less than a boon for diabetes patients.
Nutrients found in a cube of Tadgola
- 1 gram of protein
- Water 77 grams
- Carbohydrate 21 grams
- Calcium 9 mg
- Phosphorus 33 mg
- Thiamine is found to be .04 mg.
Medicinal properties of tadgola (palm fruit)?
Many of the tadgola (tadfal) are medicinal. Its vinegar acts as a digestive and makes the body fat and strong. Its ripe fruit excretes bile and increases urine and increases the number of semen. It removes blood related problems. Also reduces body fatigue and clears urine.
Benefits of Palm Fruit
Reducing belching – A person often starts having belching problems due to inability to digest food. To cure the problem of belching, palm fruit is beneficial because drinking raw raw water of this fruit stops belching. Apart from this, it reduces the problem of nausea and vomiting.
Curing stomach disease – Palm cures stomach related disorders. Eating tad with gud twice a day cures stomach diseases and helps in keeping your health healthy. Do this process two days in a week, however take care of this in the right amount because excessive intake gives negative results.
To overcome hiccup problem – If you are having hiccup problem, then palm seeds should be mixed with milk and consumed. Your hiccups will be fixed. Hiccups are a problem that can be faced by anyone.
In cooling – the palm is naturally cooled. People like to eat more during the summer season because it gives a feeling of coolness in the stomach. Provides energy by protecting the body from tiredness. Palm water is beneficial for the body. It should be consumed when summer comes.
Reduce swelling – If you have any kind of injury or swelling, drinking palm leaf juice is beneficial. This reduces the problem of swelling and injury. Be sure to drink the juice of the palm leaf after swelling occurs.
Preventing Mental Disease – There are some medicinal properties in palm fruit which help in reducing mental problem. Drinking palm juice twice a day reduces the problem of depression, unconsciousness. Also protects against other diseases. (Read more – What is bipolar disorder)
Reducing typhoid fever – Palm leaf is beneficial for curing typhoid fever. Consuming its juice twice a day causes fever temperature to drop. Typhoid fever begins to decrease gradually.
The problem of waterproofing – The problem of burning water is to fill the stomach with water. Drinking juice extracted from palm flowers helps in urination and relieves the problem of burning. Water is beneficial for the body but excessive water can be harmful.
Beneficial in increasing energy
During the summer season, our body sweats a lot and there is a lack of water in the body. Due to this, fatigue and weakness are felt more and more. In such a situation, you should consume Tadgole because the presence of high amount of mineral along with high calories in it gives the body energy immediately. Eating this fruit keeps your body fresh.
Effective fruits for stomach
Vitamin B-12 is found in the fruit of Tadgole which relieves the acidity problem. It removes the lack of water in the body and removes the toxin, so that your digestion works properly and provides relief from almost all stomach problems. In summer, its juice should be consumed regularly.
Particularly beneficial for women
Eating Tadgole fruit relieves women from the problem of white discharge as it contains plenty of phosphorus and calcium. Apart from this, if pregnant women have stomach related or constipation problems, they should include Tadgola fruit in their diet.
Other benefits of Tadgole fruit
- Blood pressure control remains by consuming this fruit. And the risk of getting heart diseases is reduced.
- Eating this fruit also removes problems related to the eyes. And the light of the eyes becomes sharp.
- Tadgola is rich in potassium because it helps to cleanse the liver and detox the body.
- Apart from this, it is also very good for your skin.
- Vitamin B12 is found in Tadgola, which is beneficial in relieving acidity problem.
- A Tadgola contains 77 grams of water, which helps to keep the body cool in summer as well as to eliminate the problem of dehydration.
- Tadgola has a high calorie intake, which relieves fatigue during summer. By eating this, the body gets instant energy.
- Pregnant women or those who have stomach related problems like constipation etc., they can also include the Tadgola fruit in their diet, this will benefit them. However, pregnant women must consult their doctor once before consuming it.
- Tadgola is rich in potassium as it helps to cleanse the liver and detox the body.
- Tadgole can be consumed to reduce the problem of white discharge in women. The calcium and phosphorus present in it help to get relief from this problem.
What are the Side-Effects of Palm Fruit
- The benefits of tadgola (tadfal) are many, but there are some disadvantages due to excessive intake.
- People whose digestive power is weak, they should not consume it.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant women should consult a doctor before consuming it.
- People who have allergy problems from consuming this fruit should be avoided.
- Excessive intake of this can cause stomach pain and cramps.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.