The harder the pomegranate peel, the more delicious and sweet the fruit inside. If any person gets any disease, people advise them to take pomegranate first. Doctors also tell the patient to eat pomegranate to relieve weakness, or to get health benefits after treatment.
Anar ke fayde
In Ayurveda, pomegranate has been described as a miraculous fruit, and it has also been told that, with its use, many diseases can be cured. Not only pomegranate fruit, but the whole tree is full of medicinal properties. When pomegranate has so many benefits, you will definitely want to know about the benefits of pomegranate. Let us know what are the benefits of pomegranate.
According to the difference in juice, there are three types of pomegranate fruits: –
- Pomegranate with sweet juice
- Pomegranate with sour juice
- Pomegranate with sweet and sour juice
Name of Pomegranate in Different Languages
The botanical name of a pomegranate is Punica granatum L., Syn-Punica nana Linn., Punica, spinosa Lam, and is of the Punicaceae family. Pomegranate is known worldwide by many names, which are: –
- Hindi (pomegranate in hindi)– अनार, दाड़िम
- Urdu– गुल अनार (Gul anar)
- English– ऐपल ऑफ ग्रेनाडा (Apple ofGrenada), पोमग्रेनेट ( Pomegranate)
- Sanskrit– दाडिम, करक, रक्तपुष्पक, लोहितपुष्पक, दलन
- Uttarakhand– दाड़िम (Dadim)
- Assamese– डालिम (Dalim)
- Kannada– दालिम्बे (Dalimbe), हुलिडलिम्बे (Hulidalimbe)
- Konkani– दालिम्ब (Dalimb)
- Gujarati– दाड़म (Dadam), गुलनार (Gulnar)
- Punjabi– दारूण (Darun), धारू (Dharu), जामन (Jaman)
- Malayalam– मातलम (Matalam), दाड़िमन (Dadiman)
- Marathi –दालिम्बा (Dalimba)
Benefits and Uses of Anar
If children feel thirsty again and again, then take pomegranate
If the children feel very thirsty, make powder by taking equal quantity of pomegranate, cumin, and cobra saffron. Mix sugar and honey in this powder and lick the children. It ends the thirst.
Consumption of pomegranate helps in anemia and jaundice
- For the treatment of anemia, and jaundice, mix 750 grams sugar in 250 ml pomegranate juice and prepare sugar syrup. Take it 3-4 times a day. It is beneficial in anemia, and jaundice.
- Many people complain of tiredness and weakness. Such people take 20 grams fresh leaves of pomegranate, boil in 400 ml of water. When the water remains 100 ml, then drink warm milk mixed with it. This results in physical and mental weakness.
- People suffering from anemia and jaundice should dry 3-6 grams pomegranate leaves under shade. Drink this powder in the morning with buttermilk made from cow’s milk. Likewise, eat cheese with this buttermilk in the evening. It provides benefits in anemia, and jaundice.
Prevention of diarrhea by taking pomegranate
- To prevent diarrhea, make 2-3 grams powder of pomegranate fruit peel. Drink it with fresh water in the morning and evening. It is beneficial in diarrhea.
- Add 1 gram powder of pomegranate bark (fruit or root bark), equal amount of nutmeg powder and 250 mg saffron. Grind it and consume it with honey. The diarrhea stops.
Anar benefits to stop diarrhea in children
- For a child who has frequent diarrhea, take fresh pomegranate buds, grind it with small cardamom seeds, and rummastagi cake. Mix sugar in it and prepare it as a paste. Licking it has special benefit in children’s diarrhea, and dysentery.
Pomegranate Benefits to Treat Intestinal Worms
- The benefits of pomegranate can eliminate stomach worms. For this, take 50 grams pomegranate root bark, Palash seed 6 grams, and Vividing 10 grams. Grind and cook in 1.25 liters of water on low flame. When the water remains half, take it down and filter it. Drink it in 50 ml quantity for half an hour. By using it, stomach worms are eliminated.
- Dry the leaves of pomegranate in shade and grind it finely. Sieve it Drink 3 to 6 grams of it in the morning with buttermilk, or with fresh water. By using it, stomach worms are eliminated.
- Make a decoction by grinding 10 grams of pomegranate tree root bark, 6 grams of vividung, and 6 grams of idra barley to eliminate stomach worms. Consuming it kills stomach worms.
- People upset with stomach worms can also try this method. Boil 20 grams of sour pomegranate peels, and 20 grams of mulberry in 200 ml of water. Drinking it also kills stomach worms.
Pomegranate Juice Benefits in Baldness Treatment
- In the case of hair loss, or baldness, take juice of fresh green leaves of pomegranate. Add 100 gm pomegranate paste and half a liter mustard oil. Cook this oil and sieve it. Apply it on the hair. This stops hair fall, baldness problem is overcome.
Pomegranate Benefits in Treating Facial Scars
- Stains on the face are a common problem. Many people are upset with this. Women have more complaints than men. If you are also troubled by facial freckles, you can benefit from the use of pomegranate. Mix 100 gm pomegranate leaves paste and half liter mustard oil in the juice of fresh green leaves of pomegranate. Cook this oil and sieve it. Massaging with this oil has good facial, freckle, and dark spots
Pomegranate Fruit Benefits in Mouth Ulcers Treatment
- Use of pomegranate is beneficial in the problem of mouth blisters. Boil 25 grams of pomegranate leaves in 400 ml of water. When water is left one-fourth, rinse with it. It also cures mouth ulcers, and other diseases.
- Make powder of pomegranate bark. Mouth blisters are cured by rubbing it in the mouth, or rinse with a decoction of blast water.
- Boil 10 grams of pomegranate leaves in 400 ml of water, and when the water remains one fourth, rinse it with decoction. It cures mouth blisters.
Use of Pomegranate in swelling of the extremities
- Pomegranate can be taken if swelling in hands and feet. Grind 10-12 fresh pomegranate leaves and apply them on the soles of the palm and feet. It cures swelling of hands and feet, and problems of water in hands and feet.
Pomegranate Benefits in Treating Skin Disease
- The use of pomegranate is also very beneficial in skin diseases. Boil 250 grams fresh leaves of pomegranate in 5 liters of water and prepare a decoction for it. Bathing with this decoction cures skin diseases related to urticaria.
- Pomegranate is also used to improve skin. Boil one kg of pomegranate fruit with 4 liters of water. When the water remains 1 liter, add 250 ml mustard oil and cook it. Massage this oil. The loosening of the flesh disappears within a few days. Wrinkles of the face disappear, and the skin improves.
- You can also use almond badam instead of mustard oil.
Use of Pomegranate to make the breasts shapely
- Many women take a variety of measures to make the breasts shapely. The benefits of pomegranate are also found in it. For this, take equal amount of pomegranate leaves, peels, flowers, raw fruits, and root bark. Grind it coarsely. Soak it in double vinegar, and four times rose water. After four days, add mustard oil to it and cook on low heat. When the oil remains a little, then filter it and fill it in the bottle. Massage the breasts daily with this oil. This removes the laxity of the breasts, and makes the breasts shapely. It also cures facial wrinkles.
- Take out 1 liter juice of pomegranate leaves. Mix half a liter of sweet oil (sesame oil) and cook on low flame. If the oil remains a little, then filter it and fill it in bottles. Massaging it 2-3 times a day helps to remove pomegranate juice benefits.
Benefits of Pomegranate for Rickets Disease
- Rickets (rickets) is a serious illness in children. In many countries including India, children suffer from drought disease. The use of pomegranate is also beneficial in rickets. Add 20-25 grams pomegranate bud juice and some milk. Drinking it daily helps in treating rickets in children.
Benefits of Pomegranate in Hiccups Problem
- The benefits of pomegranate are found in the problem of hiccups. For this, mix small cardamom seeds, desalochan, dry mint, poisoned ghee in 20 ml Pomegranate juice. With this, make a fine powder by mixing 1-1 gram of agaru and 500 mg of pippali. Licking it a little bit as needed cures hiccups.
Benefits of pomegranate in the trouble of sleeplessness (insomnia)
- Those who are suffering from sleeplessness, take 20 grams of fresh pomegranate leaves, boil in 400 ml of water. When the water remains 100 ml, then add warm milk and drink it. This ends the problem of sleeplessness.
Benefits of Anar in Nail related Disorder
- The use of pomegranate is also beneficial in nail related diseases. Grind equal quantity of pomegranate flowers, dhamasa, and myrabalan chebulie. Apply it on the nail. It cures swelling within the nail, and nail pain.
Benefits of Anar in Healing Wound
- Dry the buds of pomegranate flowers, and grind them to make ash. By wounding it, the wounds heal quickly.
- Make 50 grams leaves of pomegranate in 1 liter of water. When the decoction is left a quarter, it has special benefit in washing wounds.
Benefits of Pomegranate in Relief from Headache
- To get relief from headache, dry half kilo leaves of pomegranate under shade. Make a fine powder by adding dry coriander to it. Add 250 grams of wheat flour to it, and fry it in cow’s ghee. When it is cold, add 1 kg of khanda to it. Drink 50 grams of this in the morning and evening with warm milk. It not only provides relief from headache, but it also cures the vertigo.
- Grinding pomegranate bark and applying it also provides relief in headache, or migraines Headache
Anar Fruit Benefits in Treating Dental Pain
- Grind pomegranate and dried rose flower in toothache. Brush with it This stops water from the gums.
- Only brush powder of pomegranate buds. This prevents bleeding from the gums, as well as benefits of pomegranate.
- If the teeth move, dry 8-10 leaves of sweet pomegranate in the shade and grind it. By brushing this powder, there is benefit in the movement of teeth.
Consumption of pomegranate benefits in blood and gum disease of gums
- Many people have problems with bleeding from the gums. They can take advantage of pomegranate. Make a decoction of pomegranate bark and rinse it.
- Dry 8-10 leaves of sweet pomegranate in the shade and grind it. By brushing this powder, blood from the gums, and pus stops. It also reduces inflammation.
Benefits of Pomegranate for Nose and Ear Pain
- If there is a wound in the nose, or ear, or if there is pain in it, make 2-2 drops decoction of pomegranate bark. Using it provides relief in nose and ear pain.
Use of Pomegranate in the problem of bleeding from the nose
- When bleeding from the nose, pour 1-2 drops juice of pomegranate flowers from the nose. This stops bleeding from the nose. This remedy is very beneficial when bleeding from the nose.
- Grind the pomegranate peel with the date date water. Take it by nose. This stops bleeding from the nose. Its paste also provides benefits in inflammation.
- Drink a decoction of pomegranate leaves (10-30 ml), or juice of leaves (10 ml). Grind it and apply it on the head, it provides relief in bleeding from the nose.
Health benefits of pomegranate to treat ear pain
- For ear pain, mix 100 ml juice of fresh pomegranate leaves, 400 ml cow urine, and 100 ml sesame oil and cook on low flame. When the oil remains little bit, filter it. Warm it a little and put a few drops in the ear morning and evening. It provides benefits in ear pain, ear resonance, and deafness .
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.