It is cultivated all over India. Soya has been used as a domestic medicine and in Ayurveda since ancient times. In many countries, it is customary to increase the digestive process and milk of the maternity and feed soy after eating food for mouth-watering. Acharya Charak has calculated this in Asthanopag and Anuvasanopag Dashemani. In Charaksamhita, there is a law to wear the sachets of Siddha oil from Shatpushpadi at the time of Laparth and Apatana in the post-mortem. An independent chapter called Shatapushpa-Shatavarikalpa is described in Kashyapasamhita. Its plant is 30-90 cm tall and fragrant.
Ayurvedic virtues, deeds and effects:
Dill is bitter, thick, short, rough, sharp, hot, kafwatshamak, vedanasthan, sooth and ulceration.
Dill is beneficial, deep, digestive, vatulomass and vermin.
Its use is beneficial in colic, hypnosis, paralysis, rheumatism and inflammation.
- Mouth-deodorant-Soya gargle by making a boil, purification of the mouth and mitigation of oral deodorant.
Soy decoction is used for the suppression of Kaphaj disorders. With its use, eradication of defects is done by vomit.
- Diarrhea: Mixing equal fenugreek seeds powder in 1 gram of soy powder and taking it with takar (buttermilk) reduces the diarrhea.
Drinking 250 mg of decamali (nadihingu) and 65 mg asafoetida with whey mixed with whey-1 gram soy powder helps in extinguishing the abdomen.
Chewing 1-2 grams of soy is a mitigation of stomach and stomach disorders like Adham and Udderul.
- In dry haemorrhoea and hard dry haemorrhoea, it should be prepared by making a warm warm packet of Vacha and Soya to be swallowed with oil and baked on haem. This reduces pain and inflammation.
- Breast deformity- Taking 1-2 grams of soy powder mixed with honey is a mitigation of mammary deformity.
Mixing 1-2 grams of soya seed powder mixed with equal sugar candy and consuming it increases the purification and growth of the breast.
- Sootika-vikaara – Making 15-30 milliliters of the seeds of soy seeds and quenching the sutika disorders.
Grind the seeds of Soya-Soya with milk and apply it on the colic portion, it is beneficial for the patient.
The application of oil, as proven by the decoction of Vatarakta-Shatpushpa, Kootha and Mulethi, respectively, reduces the suffering of Vatarakta.
- Rheumatism-Soy seeds mixed with sesame or olive oil, lukewarm and massaged are beneficial in rheumatism.
- Sandhwedna – The boating of the dill by making boiling of dill leads to mitigation of Sandhivedena and inflammation.
By grinding leaves of dill-dill and applying it on the ulcer, the ulcer fills quickly.
- Chemical (for childbirth) – Put 4.5 kg of soy powder in a new earthen vessel, add up to 5-20 grams in the morning or mix it with potency powder and then consume milk and rice on digestion. Get children and old men also get long life with force.
- Rasayana- Mixing 10-15 grams powder of Satpushpa with honey and melted butter for one month increases strength, color and age.
- Used as a ovulation drug, that improve fertility rate and balance the hormones.
Application: Letter, seed and seed oil.
Dose: 1-2 grams of powder.
Frequently asked questions:
Q. Can Shatapushpa / Shatapushpa be used for microbial infections and flatulence?
Yes, microbial infection and flatulence are among the most common reported uses for Shatapushpa. Please do not use Shatapushpa for microbial infection and flatulence without consulting first with your doctor. Click here and view survey results to find out what other patients report as common uses of Shatapushpa / Shatapushpa.
Q. Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery while using this product?
If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when using Shatapushpa medicine then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. You should not drive if you feel sleepy, dizzy, or if your blood pressure drops drastically after eating the medicine. Pharmacists recommend not to drink alcohol with drugs as alcohol intensifies the side effects of sleep. Please keep these effects in mind when using Shatapushpa. Always consult your doctor for suggestions according to your body and health conditions.
Q. Is this drug or product addictive or habit forming?
Addiction to most drugs is unlikely. Typically, the government classifies drugs as controlled substances that may be addictive. Examples include Schedule H or X in India and Schedule II-V in the US. Please refer to the product package to ensure that your medicine does not belong to such a particular category of drugs. Lastly, do not take medicines on your own without doctor’s advice and do not increase your body’s dependence for medicines.
Q. Can I stop using this product immediately or do I have to reduce usage gradually?
Some medications need to be gradually reduced because of counterintuitive effects or cannot be stopped immediately. Please consult your doctor to get suggestions according to your body, health and other medicines you use.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.