Vidarikand (Pueraria tuberosa) is a creeper which has circular leafless stems. It is commonly found around the canals and rivers and in the lower hills of Himalayas at the height of 3000 ft. Underground fruits are found attached to its roots. Fruits vary in shape and size and its taste is very similar to that of madhuyashti. This is why it is known as swadu kand (tasty fruit). This creeper is favorites to horses and hence is commonly known as gaj vajipriya. Its fresh fruits are sold in the markets as sural. Its another substitute, known as ipomea paniculata is found. When cut, good amount of pungent and sour liquid oozes out of it.
It is sweet, unctuous and cooling. It is lactogogue, and promotes physical strength, is beneficial for complexion, is aphrodisiac and cures burning sensation. It is a nutrient (rasayan).
MEDICINAL USAGE & BENEFITS
Give 4 gm of its powder to be taken orally every morning and evening. It prevents the liver/spleen enlargement.
Cook it and eat. It purifies blood and cures all blood related disorders.
- Boil 9 ml of its juice in 200 gm milk and give this to the patient.
- Mix 9 ml of its juice with 9 gm ghee from buffalo milk. Give this to the patient. It cures the disorder.
Mix equal amounts if its powder and sesame and then grind them. Give 1 teaspoonful of this powder with honey, three times a day. Within a few days it controls bleeding.
Give 5 gm of this powder with milk, thrice a day. It enhances milk production.
- Give 1 teaspoonful of its powder with 1 teaspoonful ghee and sugar. It controls excessive bleeding in menstrual cycle.
- Grind 1 teaspoonful each of its powder and sugar candy. Give this mixture with 1 teaspoonful gbee, every morning and evening to the patient. it controls exeessive bleeding in menstrual cycle.
- Take 3-6gm of its powder and mix it in 20gm gbee. Boil this mixture in 360ml milk. Give this milk to the patient with sugar mixed in it. Promotes physical strength and makes the person healthy.
- Take 60gm of its powder, 40gm barley flour and 50gm wheat four. Roast all three in 50gm gbee. Add 20gm each of cashew nuts, almonds, chiraunji, white moosali, jaipbal, cloves and cardamom. Mix them all with honey and prepare Laddus. Eat 1 laddu every morning and makes the person healthy.
- Give 1gm of its powder with munakka regularly to children. It promotes physical strength in children.
- Give 1 gm of its powder with honey, every morning and evening to children. It curesweakness and promotes physical strength in children.
- Prepare its powder and dip it in its juice for 21 times and then let the powder dry. Give 5 gm of this powder, every morning and evening with milk and sugar to the patient. It promotes the immune system of the body longevity and makes the person physically fit.
- Take 3-6gm of its powder with boiled milk, regularly. It delays ageing.
- Mix its 3gm powder n 10gm of its juice and also mix with 5gm ghee and 100 gm honey. Take the mixture every morning and evening. It promotes manliness and potency.
- Mix 2 teaspoonful of its powder with 1 teaspoonful Ghee and milk. Take this regularly for some time. It strengthens the production of semen.
- Take 1 teaspoonful of its powder with 1 teaspoonful honey every morning and evening. It improves and enhances sexual desire.
- Take 1 part of its powder with 1 part powder of Gular fruit, with milk with 4-6 gm ghee mixed on it.
Give 10gm of its juice with 2 teaspoonful honey, on empty stomach, every morning and evening. It cures acidity.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is a 3rd generation Ayurved physician from his family and is the remarkable person responsible for setting up of the Chandigarh Ayurved and Panchkarma Centre in sector 32 and 22, Chandigarh and Zirakpur and he is also the first founder member of Guru Ravidas Ayurved University. He has done his B.A.M.S. from Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh. He is an admirable ayurvedic physician with specialization in Chronic ailments.