You will all be familiar with the name of Mulethi. It is used as a medicine. This is a type of dry wood. And it tastes sweet. The liquorice has many ayurvedic properties, so it is used as a medicine. Everyone knows about one quality of liquorices that it removes sore throat and also gives relief in cough. But let us tell you for your information that liquorices does not only have this quality, besides these it also has many properties. So today we are going to tell you about Mulethi and its Ayurvedic properties and its doshas .
Mulethi plant –
Mulethi plant is shrubby 1 or 2 meters long. Its leaves are united, oval and pointed. Its flowers are light pink in color. And it contains beans which are flat and suppressed and there are seeds inside it. Its roots are long, round and underground. It has many branches originating from its roots and underground stems. Dry root and stem of liquorices and use it as medicine.
Ingredients present in liquorices-
Glycosides, coumarins, amliferones, liqueuristrosides, isoliquiristrosides, glucose, sucrose, resin, starch, flammable oil proteins and dyes etc.
Yield Location –
Jammu and Kashmir, Saharanpur, Dehradun, in the foothills of Himalayas, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Indore (MP), Karnataka, Persian Gulf, mainly Spain, Iran, Siberia etc.
Different names of mulethi –
Madhuyasht, Yashtimadhu, Mulahthi, Jayeshtamadhu, Yashtimadhu, Kiloris Root, Glyceriza Glabra etc.
Benefits of liquorices
- A sore throat is cured by sucking liquorice wood.
- If you have a dry cough, then take liquorice, which will cure the cough.
- When the mouth becomes dry, suck the liquorice wood again and again because it contains 50 percent water which calms the thirst.
- It should be consumed even if the throat is swollen.
- In case of excessive hiccups, eating the powder of liquorice with honey stops hiccups.
- Liquorice is also very beneficial for intestinal TB.
- If you drink milk of liquorice with milk in case of bloody vomiting, vomiting stops.
- If there is ulceration in the mouth and stomach, the powder or root of liquorice should be consumed.
- Mulethi also removes eye disorders.
- If you have stomach pain, take powder of liquorice with honey 2-3 times a day, then it gives relief.
Mulethi is also beneficial for Balvardhan.
- Applying a paste of liquorice root and sandalwood on burning hands and feet provides relief.
- The root of liquorice removes stomach and digestive problems.
- The juice of liquorice roots helps to increase the production of lymphocytes and macrophages, thereby improving your defense nerve.
- Liquorice is the best natural medicine for the treatment of stomach, intestine and mouth ulcers due to its powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The root of liquorice protects our body from viruses, bacteria and fungi, as they inhibit microbial growth due to the presence of glycerhijine.
- Consumption of liquorice also improves memory.
- People who are suffering from hypothyroidism should not consume it.
- People who have high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, estrogen-sensitive disorder, kidney, heart disease should not consume it.
- It should be used only in appropriate amounts, otherwise fibrocystic breast, breast cancer or uterine cancer, chronic fatigue, headache, swelling, edema, pseudo-doldenism, shortness of breath, stiffness of joints can be a victim of diseases.
- It should not be consumed for a long time.
Consumption of liquorice is most beneficial for arthritis patients. This herb is very effective for those who have problems like swelling due to this problem. Especially in diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, mulethi ke fayde is available. The benefits of liquorice are found in the removal of both pain and inflammation in arthritis from the root. Regular use of liquorice tea can easily get rid of arthritis. For arthritis patients, mulethi is not less than panacea, so its patients should consume it daily. Liquorice also relieves problems like jaundice, hepatitis and fatty liver. This is because mulethi kills the toxic substances. For this reason, it also protects us from problems like hepatitis. Drinking its tea also keeps the liver healthy.
Mulethi is a medicinal element that heals all types of wounds in your body, especially mouth ulcers caused by stomach problems. If you apply it on the blister with honey, it helps a lot. It also keeps the stomach clean and protects against diseases like ulcers. Doctors believe that liquorice is cured if used even in the deepest wound. Putting the mulethi in hot water and rinse two or three times in case of blisters is also very beneficial.
Cold and cough
The advantages of mulethi are many. There is no better thing than liquorice when there is a cold and cold. The highest consumption of liquorice is used to cure cold and cold. Especially when phlegm becomes sore on the phlegm and there is burning sensation in the throat, nose and chest, licking liquorice mixed with honey is very beneficial.
Fix immune system
The properties of liquorice helps in keeping the body free from many viruses and bacteria. The body’s defense system strengthens, as it contains many powerful antioxidants. Especially regular consumption of liquorice tea brings many essential elements in the body, which keeps your immune system good.
Skin Benefits of Mulethi
Mulethi powder is used to enhance the face. It is an herb that can rejuvenate your skin. This is the reason why Mulethi powder is used in many types of face packs, because the minerals contained in it are very good for the facial skin. Not only this, Mulethi powder is also helpful in removing the blackness of your face.
Apart from this, if there is itching or red rash on the face or you are troubled by wrinkles, then you can get rid of it by using liquorice powder. You would be surprised to know, but the use of liquorice powder erases facial blemishes and it helps in bringing normal skin color, because liquorice powder has the ability to reduce the production of melanin. Mulethi powder also provides moisture to the face. Also, if you are troubled by pimples, then liquorice powder can be used. Oil production in the skin can be controlled by using liquorice.
For liquorice hair
The properties of liquorice also give a different beauty to the hair. This is such a natural product that makes your hair beautiful. If you make a paste of liquorice powder and apply it to your hair, then it stops hair loss. Its use also nourishes hair roots. It is believed that if it is used regularly, it can get rid of baldness. Soaking the liquorice powder at night in the morning and then washing the hair with lukewarm water will make the hair shiny and thick. It is also helpful in increasing hair length.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.