Churna pinda sweda also terms as Podi kizhi and is described as a specialized therapy that is performed for the diseases related to bone, joints, muscles, and nerves associated with inflammation, swelling and muscular stiffness.
Churna/podi means a mixture of fine powder made of different medicinal herbs. Pinda means a bolus, Sweda means Fomentation or sudation. Thus it is described as a swedana karma or sudation therapy which is given by using a bolus that is prepared by the combination of different medicinal herb powder and is known as Churna pinda sweda.
Procedure – The hot pottali should be gently applied over the body, after confirming the temperature by applying potalies on the dorsum of the hand of the therapist. (42oC-45oC). Just pressing the body with pottali and used alternately after reheating to maintain a uniform temperature throughout the procedure (Reheating is done either by keeping potali in a vessel or by a steam of dhanyamla or water). Same potali can be used for three days. For complete procedure, it should be done for about 30-45 minutes in the 7 positions as in kayaseka. It can be applied locally also.
- Podikizhi increases the peripheral blood supply.
- It relieves body aches and strengthens muscles and skin.
- Reduces the inflammation of the joints
- Works as a muscle relaxant, and relieves joint stiffness
- It is also a good technique for relaxation and relieving stress.
- It has detoxifier properties for the skin, removes the toxins through the pores of the skin, and lowers the tendency of skin diseases.
Packages for IPD Patients –
- Consultation with MD Ayurvedic Physician
- Well-Hygienic Accommodation
- Daily Routine Examination
- Daily two sittings of Panchakarma Therapies
- All three Ayurvedic Meals