Vasti is considered to be the most powerful of the Ayurvedic detoxification and rejuvenation procedures that involve the introduction of medicated liquids into the colon. It helps to lubricate and nourish a lower gastrointestinal tract (large intestine).
Procedure –A patient is asked to come to the Panchakarma department immediately after taking a meal. Warm medicated oil is applied on the abdomen and lumbar region. A patient is asked to lie down by extending the left leg and right leg flexed at the knee joint. Especially designed enema pouch with a prescribed quantity of processed medicated oil with other herbal products is kept in warm water for about 15-20 minutes to make the contents warm.
A lubricated catheter was slowly inserted inside the anus parallel to the vertebral column. Oil was pushed inside slowly and steadily. The patient was asked to lie on the bed with his legs in an elevated position for 10 minutes. The patient was advised to drink lukewarm water throughout the day. Felling of hunger for every patient was observed and accordingly, they were advised to have a light diet, preferably soup of green gram whenever they feel hungry.
- Expels morbid doshas from the body
- Prevents accumulation of excreta
- Promotes longevity and anti-aging
- Provides nourishment and helps in total body development
- Boosts immunity and strength
Facilities for IPD Patients –
- Consultation with MD Ayurvedic Physician and Panchakarma procedures are done under his guidance
- Well-Hygienic Accommodation
- Daily Routine Examination
- Daily two sittings of Panchakarma Therapies
- Everyday all three Ayurvedic Meals are provided