Vaman means therapeutic vomiting which is medicated emesis and considered one of the best panchakarma therapy in Ayurveda. This treatment is done for the elimination of the aggravated Kapha dosha, which dislodges the toxins mainly from the respiratory and gastrointestinal tract.
Procedure –Before inducing Vamana, the patient is asked to take Kapha aggravating food such as yogurt, sweets, basmati rice in the prior night. It is done with the intention of increasing the Kapha so that it gets eliminated completely and forcefully from the system. On the next day, a drink made of vomit-inducing drugs like – madanphala, licorice, and calamus root tea, etc. is given. This drink induces vomiting in the patient, if it doesn’t take place then it is induced by rubbing the tongue. By this, the patient expels the whole kapha outside and feels better & lighter after sometime. After vomiting, a patient should take complete rest and consume light food. After completion of vaman therapy fasting is recommended so as the whole system undergoes heavy work.
- The procedure provides lightness in the chest region and clears all the pathways
- Helps in reducing the weight, cholesterol, and triglycerides
- Provides relief from asthma, bronchitis, and other respiratory problems
- Maintains the function of the digestive system
- Reduces excess amount of Kapha from the body and provides strength & power to the patient
Facilities for IPD Patients –
- Consultation with MD Ayurvedic Physician and Panchakarma procedures are done under his guidance
- Well-Hygienic Accommodation
- Daily Routine Examination
- Daily two sittings of Panchakarma Therapies
- Everyday all three Ayurvedic Meals are provided