Every human heart beats at a normal speed. If your heartbeat becomes irregular without any reason, it can prove to be dangerous for you. Usually, heartbeat increases due to overwork or if your health is not healthy, but if you are having this problem repeatedly or do not understand any reason for irregular heartbeat, then be careful. , Because it can be fatal at times. Irregular heartbeat is called ‘arrhythmia’ or ‘heart arrhythmia’.
What is arrhythmia
When anyone has problems with arrhythmias, their heartbeat sometimes increases more than normal, sometimes slower than normal. The problem of arrhythmias usually occurs when electric waves that control the heartbeat do not work properly.
Why are arrhythmias?
The problem of arrhythmias is due to increased anxiety and stress. Apart from this, consuming caffeine, nicotine and alcohol in high amounts can also cause arrhythmias. If you are complaining of breathlessness, dizziness, chest pain or fainting, then contact your doctor and get a doctor’s advice immediately.
Due to arrhythmias
- The possibility of increased heartbeat is mostly due to a severe emotional feeling. This problem is most due to stress, fear, anxiety, etc.
- Heart rate also increases due to working more than your capacity.
- If you have consumed caffeine, nicotine, alcohol then it can cause palpitations. The heartbeat may also increase due to the intake of some medicines.
- This problem can occur during hormonal changes, menstruation, pregnancy.
- If a person has problems with thyroid, low blood pressure, anemia, low blood sugar, fever and dehydration, heartbeat may increase.
- Consuming carbohydrate, fatty, and high sugar diets increases heart rate.
- Consuming high amounts of nitrate and sodium foods can also increase heartbeat.
Prevention of arrhythmias
- Stay away from excess stress and anxiety.
- Do yoga regularly, such as tai-chi and aromatherapy, etc. can help you a lot.
- Avoid things like alcohol, nicotine and caffeine.
- Some cough and cold medicines and some herbal products may also have similar elements, so you should stay away from them as well.
Abnormal heartbeat is a sign of weakness of the heart. It also increases blood circulation and causes nervousness. It can be treated at home as follows-
- Take 10 grams of pomegranate leaves and boil it in 10 grams of water on a low flame. Drinking this decoction twice a day makes the heart strong and heartbeat is normal.
- Drinking 100 grams of spinach mixed with 200 grams of fresh carrot juice every morning and every day keeps the heartbeat under control, keeps the heart strong and all heart related disorders are removed.
- Buttermilk made by taking butter with a lot of butter and a glass of butter is given daily to the heart patient, the fat stored in the blood vessels of the heart decreases and heartbeat and nervousness are removed.
- Increased heart rate is also under control by eating plum and pomegranate.
Laboratory tests and procedures for diagnosis of arrhythmias
The following laboratory tests and procedures are used to detect arrhythmia:
- Electrocardiogram: to detect and record the electrical activity of the heart
- Holter monitor: to record the heart’s electrical signals for a full 24- or 48-hour period
- Event Monitor: To record the electrical activity of the heart at certain times
- Blood test: to monitor level of blood
- Chest X-ray: to see pictures of the structures in the chest
- Echocardiography: To identify areas of poor blood flow in the heart and to provide information about the size and shape of the heart
- Electrophysiology Study: To Assess Severe Arrhythmia
- Tilt table test: to find out the cause of fainting spells
- Coronary angiography: to look inside the coronary arteries
- Unconnected loop recorder: to detect abnormal heart rhythms
Arrhythmia problems if left untreated
Yes, arrhythmia causes complications if it is left untreated. The list below is of complications and problems that can arise from leaving arrhythmia untreated:
- The strokes
- Heart failure
- Sudden cardiac death
The following procedures are used to treat arrhythmias:
- Pacemakers: to treat abnormally slow heart rate
- Implantable cardio meter defibrillator: to treat ventricular fibrillation
- Cardiovarian: To treat arrhythmia with an electric shock to the heart
- Transesophageal echocardiography: to ensure that no blood clots are present in the atria
- Catheter ablation: If medicines do not work to treat some arrhythmias
- Labyrinth surgery: to prevent the spread of disordered electrical signals
- Coronary artery bypass grafting: increases blood flow to the heart muscle
Self-care for arrhythmias
The following self-care tasks or lifestyle changes may help in the treatment or management of arrhythmia:
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Maintain a healthy weight: Reduces the risk of developing heart disease
- Eating a heart-healthy diet: To prevent heart arrhythmia, the diet is low in salty and solid fat in salt.
- Quit Smoking: Keep Your Heart As Healthy As Possible
Alternative medicine for the treatment of arrhythmias
The following alternative therapies and treatments are known to help treat or manage arrhythmia:
- Acupuncture: Reduces irregular heart rate in some arrhythmias
- Yoga and Meditation: To Reduce Stress
- Relaxation Technique: Helps Reduce Stress
- Patient Support for Treatment of Arrhythmia
- Support from friends and family: helps in managing stress
Take red sandalwood, white sandalwood, camphor, radish, neem leaves, mehndi leaves, madder, ocher, hari mirch, acacia flower and coral bhasma all in equal quantity.
Ayurvedic treatment from CAC
Detox Premium Powder
Detox premium powder is an ayurvedic formulation that is made up of Giloy satav, Akik pishti, Tal sindoor, Shankh bhasma, Shukta pishti, Parwal pishti, etc. This powder is very beneficial to protect the heart from various conditions. It can help in relieving the pain, discomfort, fainting, dizziness, and other associated symptoms.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
Hrudroga Chintamani Rasa
Hrudroga Chintamani rasa is a unique formulation and is very effective in the treatment of heart diseases and related symptoms. It acts as a cardioprotective and anti-arrhythmic medicine providing strength to the heart muscles and maintains heart rate. This medicine is very useful in relieving pain and maintains blood optimum viscosity.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
Nerve up tablet
Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas & kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchla, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet helps in memory boosting, reduces stress, act as immune-modulator. It also shows effective results in disorders of heart and circulatory system.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
Noni capsules are herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. Noni is a fruit found mainly in South India which contains many health benefits. Noni fruit is known for its high level of antioxidants like beta carotene, vitamin E, vitamin C and various other minerals which help to Strengthen the immune system. People suffering from Respiratory problems may benefit from this. Noni Capsules promotes immunity, Arthritis relief, circulation of blood, energy and digestive health. It contains standard extract of Morinda Citrifo. Noni capsules have anti inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation of the body.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 Capsule twice daily.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.