- Acidity is excessive acid production in the stomach causing heartburn and acid reflux
- Acidity also caused due to overproduction of gastric juices in the stomach
- IN AYURVEDA acidity is co relate with AMLAPITTA
SYMPTOMS OF ACIDITY:
- Stomach inflammation
- Throat inflammation
- Trouble during swallowing
- Bad burps
- Bad breaths
- Sour taste in mouth
CAUSES OF ACIDITY:
- Consumption of spicy and non-vegetarian foods
- Smoking and alcohol
- peptic ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stomach tumors, etc.
- Medications like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Bad Lifestyle Habits such as smoking, eating large meals, lying down immediately after meals and eating late at night
RISK FACTORS OF ACIDITY:
- Smoking (active or passive)
- Low levels of physical exercise
- Medications like drugs for asthma, antihistamines, painkillers, sedatives, and antidepressants
- Gastroscopy (Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy)
- Oesophageal pH monitoring
- Gastrin levels in blood
- Ba Meal x-ray
- Serology + histology for H. Pylori
- Stool routine examination
HOME REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY:
- Banana is very important for gut and stomach health banana are rich in potassium and increase the production of mucus in the stomach
- Cold milk It is a known fact that milk contains a high amount of calcium Calcium helps to maintain the Ph balance and aids in proper digestion
- Butter milk Buttermilk contains lactic acid that neutralizes the acidity in the stomach. The lactic acid further soothes the stomach
- Fennel seeds it also contains anti-ulcer properties it cools the lining of the stomach and helps in relieving constipation as well.
- Basil leaves or Tulsi it stimulates stomach to produce more mucus which in turn helps to relieve heartburn
- Pineapple juice is provide relief from acidity and heartburn.
- Raw almonds were natural remedy for ulcers and heartburn.
- Mint leaves or pudina can also help when suffering from indigestion or acidity. Mint leaves reduce the burning and pain
- Clove helps to soothe inflamed and damaged stomach lining thus proving very beneficial for heartburns and stomach spasms.
- Ginger helps in alleviating acidity ginger also decreases inflammation and nausea and calms the stomach muscles.
- Garlic is powerhouse of antioxidants
- Soak raisins
- Drink rosewater
- Drink coriander water (infusion) throughout the day.
- Coconut water
- Limit high fat foods
- Eat smaller and frequent meals
- Chew your food properly
- Avoid tight jeans
- Chew gum
- Spend some time in sun
- Drink lots of water
- Chew food properly
- Do not overeat.
- Do not remain hungry for long hours
- Don’t skip meals (never a lunch).
- Avoid irregular eating.
- Maintain a moderate weight
- Have early dinners
- Avoid foods containing an excess amount of garlic, salt, oil, chillies
- Avoid lying down immediately after food
- Sleep on your left side sleeping on your right side may worsen reflux symptoms at night
- Follow a low carb diet
- Don’t drink too much coffee
CAC MEDICATONS FOR ACIDITY:
- AGNIMUKHA CHURNA- It gives effective results in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain, constipation, loss of appetite, flatulence, bloating, intestinal gas, intestinal gas, etc.
- PURAN PACHAK- reduce the Acidity and shows Antacid, Digestive, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Expectorant, and Antioxidant properties.
- PANCHSAKAR CHURNA- It helps n removing all toxins from the body & provides good results in acidity.
- SHEET DHARA SYRUP– naturally relieve the symptoms like bloating, blenching, nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort, etc. The regular use of this herbal syrup neutralizes the high acid content, reduce abdominal pain, & cramps.
- LIVER CARE TABLET– These herbs balances excess Pitta Dosha and helps in problems like abdominal bloating ,flatulence, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and indigestion.
- PITTA BALANCE TABLET– Pitta doshas is composed of a fire element that digests almost everything that a person eats or drink.
ACIDITY CARE KIT
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.