Asthma is a common chronic disorder over the world. In this condition a patient’s airways become inflamed, produce extra mucus, narrowing and swelling of the airway are present. The inflammation of the airways causes a very sensitive airway and the airway tubes react to irritation and allergens. Due to the condition of Asthma, the patient is suffering from difficulty in breathing. This is a common chronic disease in childhood, affecting 7 million children every year. The pathology of asthma causes airway inflammation, bronchial hyperresponsiveness, and intermittent airflow obstruction. Asthma can lead to a life-threatening attack in some patients.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:-
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- Chest pain
- Wheezing during exhaling, This is a common sign of asthma in children
- Whistling during breathing
- Pneumonia; a persistent cough and colds; and/or recurrent croup or chest-rattling, these are the general symptoms in infants and young children.
- shortness of breath causes difficulty in sleeping
- Production of the mucus in the airways
- Coughing and wheezing are the common symptoms that
- Due to repeated bronchitis history, bronchiolitis, or are caused by a respiratory virus, such as cold or flu
THERE ARE FOUR TYPES OF ASTHMA:-
Medical Professionals divided Asthma into four parts
- Mild Intermittent Asthma
- Mild Persistent Asthma
- Moderate Persistent Asthma
- Severe Persistent Asthma
The largest number of Asthma patients have mild asthma. The most common types of Asthma are Mild intermittent and Mild persistent.
TYPES OF ASTHMA:-
- Adult-onset asthma
- Allergic asthma
- Allergic asthma
- Asthma-COPD Overlap
- Exercise-induced Bronchoconstriction (EIB)
- No allergic asthma
- Occupational asthma
CAUSES OF ASTHMA:-
- Airborne allergens, such as pollens, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander, or particles of cockroach waste
- Respiratory infections, such as common cold
- Infections such as cold, flu, sinusitis, or bronchitis
- Exposure to cold or dry weather
- Exposure to tobacco or wood smoke
- Viral infections
- Physical activity
- Cold air
- Air pollens
- Reflux of stomach acid
- Breathing in allergy-causing substances such as molds, dust
- Inhaling respiratory irritants such as perfumes or cleaning products
- Physical exertion
- emotional excitement
FACTORS THAT INCREASE THE RISK OF ASTHMA:-
There is a number of factors that can increase the risk of Asthma in the patient. These include:
- Family History of asthma
- Exposure to secondhand smoke
- Having dust allergies
- Exposure to pollens or fumes
- Exposure to occupational chemicals
- Lungs Function Tests/Pulmonary Function Test:- These shows variable airflow limitation
- Blood Tests:- Shows increase in numbers of Eosinophils in Peripheral blood ( > 0.4 x 109/L )
- Sputum Test:- The presence of large numbers of Eosinophils in the sputum is a more useful diagnostic tool
- Airway Inflammation:- Exhaled nitric oxide
– Sputum Eosinophil count
– Blood Eosinophil count
- Allergic Status:- Skin prick test
-Specific IgEs to common
-Allergens and fungus
- Physiology:- Reversibility
-Pulmonary function tests
- Radiology:- CXR
-HRCT Chest (airway wall changes,
- bronchiectasis, gas trapping)
- Immunology Status:- Functional Antibodies
- Other:- Upper airway assessment
-Oesophageal pH monitoring
- FeNO Test: – Patient breath into a machine that measures the level of nitric oxide in patient’s breath, which is a sign of inflammation in the patient’s lungs.
- SPIROMETRY:- Patient blows into a machine that measures how fast you can breathe out and how much air you can hold in your lungs.
ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA
Asthma is caused due to:-
Imbalanced Kapha Doshas, Pitta Doshas
It causes symptoms of wheezing, coughing, fever, and irritability.
Vata Dosha- Asthma caused by Vata Dosha symptoms shows wheezing, dry mouth, thirst, dry cough, dry skin, anxiety, and constipation.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENTS OF ASTHMA:-
The basics of Ayurvedic medicines are following:
In Ayurvedic medicines, there are five components that permeate the entire world, as well as our bodies.
These components are space (Aakash), air (Vayu), water (Jal), earth (Prithvi), and fire (Agni), which exist in each living thing.
When the doshas become imbalanced, illness results.
These doshas are:-
- Vata (air and space)
- Kapha (earth and water)
- Pitta (fire and water)
Each person has one primary dosha, which is stronger than the other doshas. people with a strong pitta dosha are meant to be those most likely to get asthma.
Despite worldwide use, there’s little scientific data obtainable to back up the value of Ayurveda. However, there’s some evidence designate that the herbs used in Ayurvedic treatments may have benefits for people with asthma.
To bring the body into balance, Ayurvedic Doctors use multiple techniques to disease-free state.
- Uses of Ayurvedic Herbs
- Lifestyle changes
- Dietary changes
- Breathing exercises
Ayurvedic Medical Doctors have reported on the successful use of severe herbal treatments for the treatment of Bronchial Asthma and allergic asthma. These include Argemone Mexicana, A common herbs include:
- Cassia sophora
- Piper betel
- Holy basil (Tulsi)
- Euphorbia hirta, often referred to as asthma weed
- These are other herbs that may have Antihistamine, Bronchodilating, and Anti-asthmatic properties.
Ayurvedic Doctors also focus on deep breathing, diet, and exercise methods to help reduce asthma symptoms.
There are a lot of Ayurvedic medicines in Ayurveda that give the best result in the condition of Asthma.
“Chandigarh Ayurved Centre” provides you ‘’Asthma Go Kit’’, this kit is really very helpful to cure this Asthma disorder in a natural way.
The kit contains:
- Asthma care powder
- Kas Shwas Hari Rasa
- Anu Tailam
- Broncho Care Syrup
- Cough Go Tablet
- Kanth Sudharak Vati
You are free to go for medical treatment of asthma. If you are looking for natural treatment for Asthma, it is also available in Chandigarh Ayurved Center. It is a long-term solution, fighting a disease naturally is a more profound way to go about it.
Asthma Go Kit
Dr. Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1 Lakh Plus patients worldwide.