BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS AND ITS MANAGEMENT:
- March 16, 2023
- Posted by Dr. Karanvir Singh
- 0 Comment(s)
It is charaterized by vaginal inflammation caused by the overgrowth of bacteria naturally found in the vagina which upsets the natural balance.It can affect women of any age.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS:
- Cigratte smoking
- Use of tampons for longer time.
- Establishing unprotected intercourse with multiple partners
- Excess use of antibiotics
- Anti bacterial soaps
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS:
- Itchiness or redness
- Greyish –white or yellow discharge
- Vagina can smell like rotten fish
- Burning urination
- Peculiar consistency of vaginal fluid.
- Pain during intercourse
COMPLICATION OF BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS:
- Complications during pregnancy : It may lead to premature birth ,loss of
- Increase risk of Sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia and gonorrhea
- It can cause pelvic inflammatory diseases
- Tubal factor infertility
AYURVEDIC APPROACH OF BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS :
In ayurveda it is compared with kaphaja yonivyapat in which vitiation of kapha dosha this infection is takes place. Kandu,sheeta,pichila,mild pain ,pandu varna are the symptoms of kaphaja yoni vyapat.
- Yoni parisheka
- Uttrabasti ( medicine installation through vagina or cervix )
LIFE STYLE IMPROVEMENT IN BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS:
- Avoid day time sleep
- Avoid late night awakening
- Avoid excessive physical exercise
- Avoid using swimming pools and hot tubs
- Wipe from front to back after passing stool
YOGA ASANA FOR BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS:
GOOD FOOD TO EAT:
- Green vegetables
- Fresh fruits such as apple, kiwi,orange ,watermelon etc
- Avoid fried food, bakery food items and fermented foods.
- Avoid intake of wrong food combinations such as fruit with milk, milk with fish ,curd with milk etc.
- Avoid pickles
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTRE MEDICATION FOR THE TREATMENT OF BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS:
- Detox Premium Powder
These are herbal-mineral sachet especially designed for the ulcerative colitis patients. The various ingredients used for the formation of these sachets are prawal pishti, shukta pishti, Giloy satv, kehrva pishti, Jahar Mohra pishti, sutshekhar ras, shankh bhasma, kamdudha ras, moti bhasma that in combination provide good relief on the signs and symptoms of ulcerative colitis patients.
- Shukta pishti: The bhasma is prepared from pearl oyster shell calcium. This pishti shows antioxidant & anti-inflammatory properties that give deal with the ulcerative colitis patients.
- Prawal pishti: It is made from coral calcium that reduces bleeding associated with ulcerative colitis patients.
- Giloy satv: This herbal satv remove all toxins from the body. It reduces excessive Pitta from the body associated with ulcerative colitis.
- Jahar Mohra pishti: The antidiarrheal property of this pishti stops loose stools that are the main symptoms in ulcerative colitis patient.
- Kehrva pishti: This pishti provides good results in rectal bleeding, diarrhea, rectal bleeding, and abdominal inflammation related to ulcerative colitis patients.
- Sutshekhar ras: This preparation reduces bloating & gastritis. It provides calming effect on the body.
- Akik pishti: It is a mineral-based medicine that reduces excessive heat, weakness, & general debility.
- Kamdudha ras: This ras is beneficial in burning sensation, loose stools, bleeding tendencies related to ulcerative colitis patients.
- Moti bhasma: The anti-inflammatory property of this herb reduces inflammation in the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
- Leuco Care Tablets
These herbal capsules treat vaginal discharge, foul smell, painful conditions, fatigue, etc. The various ingredients used for the formation of the capsules are Kukkutandwaka bhasma, Mochras, Supari, Nagkesar, Ashok, Gond katira, etc that is good for leucorrhea patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
- Women Champion Syrup:
Woman Champion is purely herbal and ayurvedic formulation. It is a very effective tonic for women and help to maintain their health. It balances all the doshas of body and also maintain hormone levels . It contains herbs like Lodhra, Manjishta, Ashok chaal, Punarnava,Shatavar,Bala,Daruharidra,Nagarmotha that help women typically with mood changes, stress, headache and pain.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls twice daily.
- Femine care tablet
It is a pure and natural remedy that contains various herbs extract that works on the female reproductive system and make it healthy. These tablets show antioxidant properties, anti inflammatory and immuno modulater properties. It contains Ghritkumari , Muramakki, Sonth. It works in various diseases like pcod, bulky uterus, endometriosis, general female health, irregular menses, and uterine fibroids. It affects on Tridosha- balances Vata and Kapha.
DOSE – 1-2 tablets two times a day or as directed by physician.
- Trikatu Tablet:
As the name suggests three ingredients are used for its preparation like Shunthi, Pippali, & Maricha. These herbs in combination deal with the loss of appetite, gas, flatulence, bloating, abdominal distension, weak digestion, constipation, abdominal pain, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.