Brhingraj (Eclipta abla) is commonly called false daisy. It is creeping herb about 3mt in height. Sanskrit name of Brhingraj are “Bhringraja” and “Tekarajah” and common Hindi names are “Bhangra” and “Bhangraya”. It is one main herb that is used in hair dyes. In Ayurveda Bhringraj (Eclipta abla) is considered to be “rasayana” herb for longevity and rejuvenation. Main principle of Ayurveda is to balance tridosha. This herb works wonderfully on tridosha and maintain their imbalance. Bhringraj is wonderful herb used in ‘AYURVEDA’ for hair care and cirrhosis. It rejuvenates memory, hair, teeth, bones, vision and hearing.
- Promotes hair growth
- Prevents hair fall and baldness
- Treats dandruff and dry scalp
- Slows down hair graying
- Treats scalp infection
- Nourishment to the hair
- Liver cleanser
- Aids for healthy skin
- Improves memory
- Reduces stress and improves sleep pattern
- Improves eyesight
- Relief from headache
Each 10 ml contains
- Tila taila (Sesamum indicum) —————————16 parts
- Bhringraja (Eclipta prostrate) —————————64 parts
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) ——————————1 part
- padmaka (prunus cerasoides) —————————-1 part
- Lodhra (symplocos racemosa) —————————-1part
- Chandana (pterocarpus santalinus) ———————1 part
- Gairika (red ochre) ——————————————-1 part
- Bala (sida cordifolia) —————————————–1 part
- Haridra (curcuma longa) ————————————1 part
- Daru haridra (berberis aristata—————————-1 part
- Nagkesar (mesua ferrea) ————————————1 part
- Priyangu (aglaia elaeagnoidea) —————————-1 part
- Yasti (glycyrrhiza glabra) ————————————-1 part
- Prapaundarika (nymphaea nelumbo) ———————1 part
- Sveta sariva (hemidesmus indicus) ————————1 part
- Tila taila – Sesame oil is oldest oil and is known for its healing and lubricating properties. It is derived from the sesame (Sesamum Indicum) seeds and is popularly used for hair growth and scalp health maintenance. It is a powerhouse of many essential nutrients. Its nourishing effect helps strengthen hair from the roots and promotes hair growth.
- Bhringraja – Bhringraj works like a miracle to solve hair care problems like hair fall and premature graying. According to Ayurveda, it is a ‘Rasayana’ that has special properties of age reversal and rejuvenation. Regular massage with Bhringraj oil improves blood circulation. When the nutrients present in the oil reach the root of the hair, they strengthen the hair follicles and prevent baldness. Bhringraj oil is dense and has a higher specific gravity as compared to other oils. For this reason it can penetrate deep into the scalp and treat dryness.
- Manjistha – Manjistha powder can be used to manage hair problems like greying of hair. Applying Manjistha powder enhances the natural color of the hair. Manjistha oil is effective in controlling hair fall. It helps to remove excessive dryness that controls dandruff and thus prevents hair fall.
- Lodhra – Lodhra contains Astringent (Kashay) taste, which is useful to resolve the Pitta aggravation. This powerful herb best to deal with scalp infections like ulcers, boils, and dandruff.
- Chandana – Chandana oil is highly valuable in treating hair problems like dandruff and prevents hair fall. The strong astringent property present in sandalwood oil is effective in warding off the excess sebum secretion in the scalp, treats split ends and enhance the hair luster and growth. chandan is relaxant and sedative which helps to ease muscle spasms.
- Yasti – Yasthimadhu is one of the most commonly used Ayurvedic. This oil promotes the health of the scalp and takes care of the hair. It has anti-inflammatory properties soothing the scalp by reducing various scalp conditions like scabs and dandruff. Regular application of the oil boosts hair growth and might even combat premature balding.
- Prapaundarika – Prapaundarika tail is ayurvedic medicated oil used for hair fall and hair loss. It is also beneficial for all types of headache and migraine. Head massage and nasal instillation with Prapaundarika tail are necessary to treat hair loss and migraine pain. Alone head massage works well in preventing hair fall, strengthening hairs and nourishing hair roots.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.