Chronic Kidney Disease
- May 31, 2019
- Posted by Dr. Karanvir Singh
- 0 Comment(s)
Kidney the most important organ in our body as it filters all waste from the body. Chronic Kidney Disease “a life we didn’t choose, but a life we deal with every day”. Being poked and prodded surgery, dialysis, transplants, and all temporary ways to prolong a life.
Chronic renal disease a silent killer that can ultimately lead to death. For avoiding chronic kidney disease stages, try to be natural and take ayurvedic treatment kidney diseases.
Ayurved has numerous herbs that will increase the life-span of kidneys naturally without causing any side-effects to the body.
The main function of kidneys is not to filter blood, & waste products. But also to balance electrolyte levels, stimulating the production of red blood cells, and controlling blood pressure.
What are the Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease?
There are total of five stages of Chronic kidney disease that will refer to how well your kidneys are working in a proper manner.
So for proper knowledge let’s have a look at all these kidney disease stages. Through eGFR a blood test we measure the filtration rate of kidneys in blood.
- CKD Stage 1: In stage 1 of Kidney disease, kidneys are mildly damaged & no symptoms are seen at this level. The eGFR level at this stage is greater than 90. You can see signs like few protein loss in urine. Some physical damage to the kidneys can be seen at this CKD Stage 1.
- CKD Stage 2: When your eGFR level is in between 60 and 89 you face mild kidney damage. You can see mild damage in your kidneys as there will be few protein loss in urine. Physical damage to the kidneys can be seen in stage 2 of CKD.
- CKD Stage 3: At this stage, your kidneys are moderately damaged with eGFR ranging between 30 and 59. The symptoms that are most common at this stage are swelling in hands, and feet, more or less urination than normal, backache, high blood pressure, bone disease, anemia. One must consult the doctor or take home remedies for treating the kidney disease to the earliest.
- CKD Stage 4: At this stage, there is moderate or severe damage seen. The kidneys are not working properly. It is the second last stage of kidney failure. The eGFR ranges between 15 and 30 at this level. The signs and symptoms seen at stage 4 renal disease are backaches, swelling in feet and hands, more or less urination than the normal, bone disease, anemia, high blood pressure, etc. Kidney transplant and dialysis are recommended to these patients.
- CKD Stage 5: This is the last stage where your stage 5 kidneys are very close to failure or completely damage. The eGFR rate in these patients is less than 15. Your kidneys are not able to remove toxins and waste from the body. The signs and symptoms common in these patients are backache, swelling in hand and feet, nausea, vomiting, breathlessness, muscle cramps, itching, loss of appetite, sometimes frequent or decrease in urine than normal, insomnia, etc. Dialysis or kidney transplant is recommended to these patients.
What are the General Signs and Symptoms Seen in Chronic Kidney Patients?
All signs and symptoms that are common in chronic kidney disease patients are:
- Loss of appetite
- Muscular cramps
- Swelling in feet, ankle, hands
- Puffiness under eyes
- Sometimes frequent urination or decreased urination
- Abdominal pain
- Nasal bleeding
- General weakness
- Congestive heart failure
What are the Causes of Chronic Kidney Disease?
The people who are at higher risk of chronic kidney diseases are:
- High blood pressure patients
- Diabetic patients
- A person with heart disease
- Autoimmune diseases like IgA nephropathy, Rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, etc
- Genetic diseases like polycystic kidney disease
- Urinary tract infections
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment for Chronic Kidney Disease?
In Ayurveda, the chronic diseases come under “Vrikk Roga” in which all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) are imbalanced.
The ayurvedic treatment for renal disease deal with all the signs and symptoms related to chronic kidney patients as well as balance doshas in the body.
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides a complete kit that contains a combination of best herbs for increasing the kidney life-span. This kit is known as “Kidney Care Kit” that will properly take care of your kidneys.
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:
1. Gokshura Capsules:
Gokshuru capsules are pure ayurvedic medicine which is very effective in kidney disorders as it has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the swelling of the abdomen. It also acts as diuretic which causes increased urine secretion from the body and removal of all the toxins. These capsules contain pure extract of Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris). It provides effective result in acute & chronic kidney disease, chronic renal failure, cystitis, and urethritis, nephropathy, and urinary tract infections.
Recommended Dosage: Take one capsule twice daily with normal water.
2. Kidney Care Tablet:
kidney plays an important role in keeping the whole body clean, well-fueled, strong and functioning properly. Kidney failure puts the body at risk, allowing waste to accumulate and damage the kidneys from inside. It is a good idea to do a kidney cleansing and keep a check on the health of the kidneys in your middle and old age. The toxins that buildup results in nausea or feeling sick to the stomach, lack of concentration and blood pressure changes are all symptoms of kidney failure.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.
3. Kidney Care Churna:
The kidney care churna is prepared from herbs like Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), & Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa). These herbs in combination show anti-inflammatory, diuretic, antioxidant, analgesic, etc properties. Kidney care churna keep all kidney function tests (serum creatinine, urea, sodium, potassium, chlorine, & uric acid), etc in normal range. The use of this churna reduces swelling in the body, remove kidney stones, deal with urinary tract infection, general weakness, & fatigue, etc related to kidney patients.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful twice daily with normal water.
4. UTI Care Tablet:
UTI Care Tablets helps to treat Urinary tract infections along with the diseases related to kidney, ureters, urinary bladder, and urethra. This tablet contains pure herbal ingredients which are Yavakshar (Hordeum vulgare), kalmi Shora (Pottasium nitrate), Naushadar (Ammonium chloride), Swarna Gairik (Red ochre), etc. UTI Care Tablets are also beneficial in kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, renal colic, burning sensation or pain during micturition, and Hypertension.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
5. Detox Premium Powder:
The powder contains all the Ayurvedic herbs which strengthen the immune system of the body and prevents the various complications by potentiating immune system. The powder includes :
Parwal Pishti – Parwal pishti is prepared from Coral calcium. It is mainly used in Pitta related disorders and helpful in bleeding disorders. This pishti relieves Ama dosha and improves the digestion power. It also improves the strength and immunity.
Shukta Pishti – It is prepared from Pearl oyster shell. Shukta pishti pacifies Pitta and Kapha dosha. It is the best ant-acid and relieves the abdominal distention. Shukta pishti reduces the rashes on the arms and legs.
Giloy Satva–Giloy satva includes water-soluble extract of Giloy/Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia). It balances the aggravated pitta and acts as a mild-antipyretic, antacid, and immuno-modulator. It also reduces burning sensation in the hands, feet, and body.
Kamdudha Ras–According to Ayurveda principles, Kamdudha Ras has Sheeta Virya thus it is beneficial in every Pitta Roga classified in Ayurveda. It is beneficial in the symptoms like burning sensation, restlessness, bleeding tendencies, excessive thirst, and hot flashes, vomiting with yellowish or sour water.
Akik Pishti – Akik bhasma contains Silicon Dioxide and some herbal extracts derived into in during processing with Aloe vera and Rose water. It is used in General debility, Restlessness. It works well in loss of appetite, weight loss, and feeling of excessive heat in the body.
Gandhak Rasayan – Gandhak Rasayan is a great antibacterial, antiviral ayurvedic medicine. It acts as an anti-pyretic, analgesic, & blood purifier.
Sutshekhar Ras–It is an important medicine used in Ayurveda, which acts on Pitta dosha and reduces the symptoms like nausea, vomiting, fever, headache, sour taste of mouth, restlessness, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice a day with normal water.
What Is The Panchakarma Treatment In Chronic Kidney Disease?
Panchakarma is the best way to detoxify your body internally as well as externally. The Chandigarh Ayurved Centre provides three procedures for Kidney patients along with the ayurvedic medicines mentioned above:
The different panchakarma procedures for chronic kidney patients are:
- Kshara Basti: Kshara Basti is prepared from teeksha dravyas and gomutra. In this enema (basti) is given to the kidney patients. This basti is effective in kaphaja, amaja, & medoja conditions. It gives effective result in mutrakrichh, mutra sharkara, shoola, mutrashmari, etc.
- Patra potli pind sweda: In this procedure, medicated leaves are wrapped in a pottali (bag). This potali is dipped in medicated oil, after that whole body of the patient is massaged with this potali. It will reduce swelling and pain over the affected area in kidney patients.
- Anuvasan Basti: In this procedure basti prepared from Brihat, saindhav, etc is prepared and administered in patients. It provides effective results to chronic kidney patients.
Healthy Tips & Diet for Chronic Kidney Patients:
- Chronic kidney patients should consume less than 1.5 liter of water in whole day.
- Include vegetables kike bottle gourd, cabbage, pumpkin, green leafy vegetables, fenugreek, ridge gourd, bitter gourd, boiled carrot, potato, peas.
- Avoid vegetables like spinach, sweet potato, brinjal, kale, cauliflower, mushroom, beetroot, onion, cucumber, garlic, yam.
- You can take boiled egg white but avoid fish, meat, chicken, etc.
- Consume fruits like papaya, apple, & pear. Avoid high potassium fruits like banana, dates, orange, lemon, raisins, pomegranate, avocado, pineapple.
- You can include spices like coriander, fenugreek, cardamom, bay leaves.
- Avoid extra intake of salt in your diet, it’s better to take a very less amount of salt.
- Yellow lentils, pink lentils, green gram is good for your rest other should be avoided.
- You can take low-fat milk but avoid other dairy products.
- Fast food and processed food should be strictly avoided.
- Early in the morning on an empty stomach drink 20 ml of Aloe vera & Bottle gourd juice daily.
- You should walk for 20 to 30 mins a day.
- Take a sleep of 8 hours every day.
- Always avoid food that is rich in high potassium content & take food that is rich in iron content.
- Do perform yoga posses like ardha mastsyendrasana, salamba bhujangasana, paschimottanasana, naukasana, bhujangasana , setu bandhasana.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.