Dengueis mosquito-borne tropical and subtropical world disease. It is caused by one of four closely related dengue virus serotypes DENVs. It is primarily transmitted to humans by the femaleAedes These mosquitoes spread Zika, chikungunya, viruses also. Dengue fever has occurred due to:
- Rapid urbanization,
- Increase in international travel,
- Lack of effective mosquito control measures,
- Dengue fever develops after a bite from a female aedes mosquito.
- Mosquito acquires virus by biting people who is already infected with dengue and then transmits it to another people by biting.
- From person to person it does not spread directly.
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF DENGUE FEVER
SYMPTOMS OF DENGUE FEVER
Dengue symptoms usually begin 4 to 6 days after infection and last for up to 10 days.
Symptoms may include:
- High fever 104 F with following signs and symptoms:
- Muscle, bone or joint pain
- Pain behind the eyes
- Swollen glands
Warning signs of severe dengue fever usually begin the first day or two after fever goes away, and may include:
- Severe stomach pain
- Persistent vomiting
- Bleeding from gums or nose
- Blood in urine, stools or vomit
- Difficulty in breathing or rapid breathing
- Irritability or restlessness
WAYS TO PREVENT DENGUE FEVER
preventing mosquito bites is the way to prevented dengue. People who traveling to the high-risk areas should use preventive measures to avoid being bitten.
- Cover Yourself
- Reduce skin exposure by wearing long pants, long sleeves shirts, and socks.
- Wear a full brimmed hat that cover the head and neck.
- Covering the body with clothes lessens area where mosquito can bite.
- Mosquito Repellents
- Mosquito repellents containing at least 10 percent of diethyltoluamide provide protection against mosquitoes bites.
- They should not be used for young children as it can lead to a serious effect on them such as seizures.
- Mosquito Traps and Nets best for the infants because repellent creams or lotions cause allergy to them.
- Nets treated with insecticides are effective ones as they can repel the insects from entering the room.
- Keep the Windows and the Doors Shut can restrict mosquito entry.
- Avoid Water Stagnate
- The Aedes mosquito breed in stagnant water, better to removing the stagnant water can reduce the risk of dengue fever.
CAC TREATMENT FOR DENGUE
- Platfer Tablet – Platfer Tablet Boosts platelet count and reverse the thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) associated with dengue. It decreases the peripheral platelet destruction and strengthens the host immune system. Platfer tablets also helps reduce fever (antipyretic property) and protect the liver (hepatoprotective property). This herbal combination is prepared from herbs like Papaya (Carica papaya) and Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) which increases the platelet counts naturally. It provides good and effective results for patients. It increases the physical and mental strength of a person and builds up immunity.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
- Giloy Capsules – As the name suggested “Giloy” is the main ingredient of this medicine. It is a potent immuno-modulator herb. It is beneficial for improving the immunity and prevents from common infections. These tablets provide palliative treatment in fever. The vati reduces Kapha dosha, pacifies Vata and detoxifies the Pitta dosha. It is beneficial in general weakness, recurrent infections, periodic fever syndrome, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 capsules twice a day with normal water.
- Amrit Tulsi Ras – This herbal preparation is in drops form prepared from five types of Tulsi. Shama Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Rama Tulsi (Ocimum gratissimum), Kapoor Tulsi (Ocimum canum), Shwet Tulsi (Ocimum basilicum), Nimba Tulsi (Ocimum citriodorum) that provides good result in all allergic reactions.
Recommended Dosage – Take two to three drops twice daily.
- Liver care Syrup – Liver Care syrup helps in balancing Pitta dosha. This Syrup enhances regeneration of liver cells, promote functions of liver, and improve blood flow from the liver. It helps in the treatment of fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, Hepatitis, hepatomegaly, and obstructive Jaundice. CAC Liver Care syrup contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc. These herbs shows Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, Hepato-protective, properties. This syrup improves digestion, enhances appetite.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
- Trikatu Tablet – Trikatu Tablet is a hebo-mineral tablet of 650 MG and is purely Ayurvedic formulation. CAC Trikatu Tablet helps to eliminate excess Kapha or mucous from the body, supports respiratory system, manages weight, helps to take out impurities or ama from the body, supports healthy detoxification, reduces swelling. It shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, expectorant, antioxidant properties. This tablet is made up of equal parts of three herbs such as Pippali (Piper longum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), & Marich (Piper nigrum) that maintains the metabolism in the body. The regular use of this tablet balances the thyroxin hormone and treats hyperthyroidism naturally. It is an Appetizer and it improves digestion, supports normal gastric function, and normal circulation.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tablets twice a day with normal water.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.