Food poisoning is an illness that is caused by foodborne illness. It may result due to eating contaminated food & drinking infected water that is caused due to harmful viruses, bacteria, or parasites. These bacteria’s, viruses, or parasites when enter the body creates toxin in the body that results in food poisoning. At home contamination of the food also take place due to incorrectly handled or cooked food.
What are the signs & symptoms of food poisoning?
The signs & symptoms that are commonly seen in a person dealing with food poisoning are:
- Sometimes watery or bloody diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal cramps
- Severe weakness
- Dry mouth
- Excessive thirst
- Little or no urination
- Muscle weakness
- Tingling sensation in the arms
- Blurred vision
- Sometimes bloody stools or vomit
- Gastric problem
What are the causes of food poisoning?
The different causes of food poisoning are mentioned below in detail:
1) Viruses: When food poisoning is caused due to virus that is transmitted through food. The different viruses such as norovirus, sapovirus, rotavirus, & astrovirus are responsible for it.
2) Bacteria: The most common dangerous bacteria are E.coli, Salmonella, Listeria, & Campylobacter. These bacteria cause severe food poisoning in the patients.
3) Parasites: Toxoplasma is the parasite that is commonly responsible for food poisoning. It makes your immune system weak.
What is the Ayurvedic point of view for food poisoning?
According to Ayurveda, micro-organism is responsible for food poisoning that causes infectious diseases. There are three main doshas vata, pitta, & kapha that are responsible for this illness. It can be compared with aalsak & visuchika as per Ayurved.
What is the Ayurvedic treatment for food poisoning?
Ayurveda gives the best treatment to the food poisoning patients as it helps in overall detoxification of the body. All three doshas (Vata, Pitta, & Kapha) are responsible for this situation. So it’s important to balance these doshas. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre introduces a kit known as “Food Poisoning Care Kit” that will help you out.
ALL PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL:
All products description in detail:
1) Detox Premium Powder: Detox Premium Powder helps in removing all toxins out from the body. This powder contains herbo-mineral ingredients such as moti pishti, parwal pishti, giloy satav, shukta pishti, akik pishti, tal sindoor, gandhak rasayan, shankh bhasam, shwet parpati, yavakshaar, etc. The ingredients used in this deal with nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, cramps, related to food poisoning patients.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
2) Trikatu Syrup: The herbs used for the formulation of this syrup shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, carminative, analgesic, & immuno-modulator properties. The herbs like Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Long pepper (Piper longum), & Ginger (Zingiber officinale) relieves nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful thrice daily before meals.
3) Sheet Dhara Syrup: Sheet Dhara Syrup is a natural antacid containing ajwain satv, mushak kapoor, peppermint. This is a pure herbal formula that naturally treats loss of appetite, abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, etc in a food poisoning patients.
Recommended dosage: Take 1/2 teaspoonful in half cup of water on an empty stomach twice daily.
4) Trikatu tablet: Trikatu tablet contains herbs that show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, carminative, immuno-modulator properties. These tablets are prepared from ingredients such as Long pepper (Piper longum), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), & Ginger (Zingiber officinale). All the three ingredients give effective results in signs & symptoms associated with a food poisoning patient.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
5) Vaat nashik vati: Vaat nashik vati is pure ayurvedic preparation containing ingredients like abhrak bhasma, giloy, jahar mohra pishti, etc. These herbal tablets balance the imbalanced vata dosha in the body. The use of this herbal tablet gives relief from abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, etc associated with a food poisoning patient.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
6) Giloy Capsule: Giloy capsules are prepared from the standardized extract of herb Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). These capsules give effective results in fever, build up immunity, deal with general weakness, abdominal cramps, headache, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 capsule twice daily with normal water.
What is the Panchakarma treatment for Food poisoning patients?
Ayurvedic treatment gives fruitful & effective results for the patient. But if a patient is not getting treated properly then you can use a few of the panchakarma treatment for good results that are given below:
1) Nabhi vasti: In this procedure, a ring is formed around the navel area with the help of kneed flour. After that lukewarm oil is put in three to four times with the help of a sponge. It will help in reducing abdominal pain & abdominal cramps related to food poisoning patients.
2) Anuvasan vasti: In this panchakarma procedure, medicated oil is administered in patient through the anal region for removing toxins out from the body.
3) Niruha vasti: In this procedure, herbal enema prepared with herbs are administered in patient through anal region for overall detoxification of the body.
Healthy tips & Lifestyle for Food poisoning patients:
The patients dealing with food poisoning situation should follow healthy tips & lifestyle that are given below:
1) Always consume fresh & well-cooked food.
2) Keep your utensils clean before cooking food or eating food.
3) Don’t preserve cake, breads, & milk products for a long time.
4) Cook seafood & meat for preventing it from germs like bacteria, virus, or parasite.
5) Don’t use oil that is left after cooking as it is not good for health.
6) Avoid using the seal, processed, & canned food items as it is affected by the bacteria, viruses, & parasites.
7) If you have used any utensil for cooking non-vegetarian diet, then don’t use it again as it can food poisoning. Wash the utensil & use it after that.
8) Properly clean your refrigerator so that there should not be growth of micro-organism in it.
9) Don’t keep your food at room temperature for more than 2 to 3 hours as it can get contaminated with the bacteria, virus, or parasite.
10) Always clean your fruits & vegetables with filtered water before using it.