- Friction blisters are small pockets of fluid
- It develop in the upper layers of the skin by irritation from continuous rubbing or pressure.
- It is most commonly occur on the palms, fingers, soles, and sides of the feet or toes.
- The irritation causes minor damage to the skin and the tissue just under the skin and fluid accumulates the outermost layer of skin.
- If the irritation damage small blood vessels, the blister also may contain blood then it is called a blood blister.
The following factors can make a person to have a friction blister:
- Wearing ill-fitting clothes or shoes that rub the skin during movement
- Excessively sweating or spending time in a damp climate,
- Frequently exercise
- Having an occupation that is very physical
- Carrying extra weight while moving
- Wearing tight, uncomfortable shoes, or new shoes which may rub the feet skin
- Wearing thin socks do not absorb the moisture
- Wearing rough or hard fabric
Certain health conditions, skin conditions, and medications also make the skin more prone to blistering. These include:
- Epidermolysis bullosa – A group of diseases that result in blisters on the skin, which may be due to friction.
- Porphyria cutanea tarda – A metabolic condition that makes the skin more photosensitive means sun exposure can lead to blistering.
- Certain drugs – An adverse reaction of medications may form blisters.
- Small pocket of puffy and raised skin that containing clear fluid.
- Painful when touched.
- Appear anywhere.
PEOPLE WHO GETS FRICTION BLISTERS
It can occur from time to time in nearly males and females of all ages. Exacerbating factors include:
- Heat – particularly prevalent in tropical climates.
- Prolonged exercise – common in athletes and soldiers
- Carrying a heavy things increases the risk of blisters.
- Excessive sweating
- Tight, uncomfortable or new shoes repetitively rub one or two areas of skin.
- Unabsorbent socks – do not absorb moisture and do not protect the skin from damage by shoes or boots.
- Rough or hard fabrics may cause blisters on other sites such as armpits or groin.
- Blisters also arise on pressure areas such as the hip.
There are some specific diseases that make the skin more fragile and cause blisters in response to friction or injury.
- Genetic disposition
- Immunobullous disease
- Metabolic disease
- Sun damage
- Certain medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories or antibiotics (doxycycline).
COMPLICATIONS OF FRICTION BLISTER
- Pain impeding performance
- Wound infection
- Pyogenic granuloma occasionally arise at the site of a blister
- Scarring due to infection or deeper injury.
CAN WE PREVENT FRICTION BLISTERS
The following measures may be useful:-
- Well-fitting boots and shoes
- Use orthotics to reduce pressure points.
- Neoprene insoles
- Moisture absorbent sock
- wear stockings to prevent gravel and plant materials entering the footwear
- Lamb’s wool padding over and around areas prone to blister.
CAC TREATMENT FOR FRICTION BLISTERS
- Detox premium powder – these are herbo-mineral sachets which are purely Ayurvedic formulation. These sachets mainly detox the body and eliminate toxic substances and helps in proper metabolism of all the functions. This formulation act at the level of the nervous system and facilitate proper conduction of signal impulse from the nerves to the muscles. These sachets have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and immune-modulator. The ingredients present in it are moti pishti, parwal pishti, shukta pishti, Giloy satv, kamdudha ras, Jahar Mohra, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, sutshekhar ras, etc. These ingredients balances all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) and helps in blood purification, reduces burning sensation, weakness, and hot flashes in ulcerative colitis patients. It reduces the level of high uric acid in the body. The powder is very beneficial in relieving discomfort, numbness, muscle ache, and reduces swelling of the pelvic region. This powder provides a cooling & calming effect on the mouth ulcers. It is very beneficial in reducing the swelling, redness, stiffness, and improves the movements of joints.
Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
- Panchatikta ghrita guggulu – It is a herbo-mineral ayurvedic formulation of CAC consist of herbs specifically designed to treat drying, inflammation, and deadening of tissue and skin, particularly of the rectum area. The main ingredient is Neem which is best for treatment of ailments of the blood and plasma, most effective against many skin diseases which is caused due to harmful toxins and vitiation of the blood. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects which makes it useful in treating piles, and fissures. In addition, this blend contains many ingredients which shows cleansing action on the liver and kidneys, which further helps to detox the skin and post-digestive functioning. The herbs added shows rejuvenating and soothing action on the circulatory and digestive systems. It is used to treat a variety of skin conditions including, but not limited to, rectal bleeding and inflammation.
Dosage – 1 tablet twice a day.
- Skin care tablet – this is herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. It help to maintain the texture of your skin depending on the type of skin you have. It contains various herbs like Haridra khand, Panchnimb churna, Khadir chahal, Chirayta, Mulethi, Chopchini, Gandhak, Ajmoda that work very effectively on all skin types. Skin care is a blood purifying tablet. It cools and detoxifies the blood, removes stagnant blood and dissolves obstructions in the blood flow that further increase blood circulation of the skin. It minimizes the blemishes, lighten sun tan, delay ageing of skin and heal skin problems.
Dosage – Take 1-2 tablets twice daily.
- Twak Tailam – this is the herbal oil and is purely Ayurvedic preparation. CAC Twak Tailam provides relief from various skin problems such as pimples, blemishes, scars, ulcers, wounds, skin rashes, dry patches, itching, skin irritation, reduces redness, etc. It is composed of natural herbs that pacifies all three doshas and provides healthy skin. This oil is made up of pure herbs such as yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), manjistha (Rubia cordifolia). Twak tailam supports skin health, helps in reducing uneven pigments, delays the process of ageing, improves complexion, and helps in deep detoxification, blood purification without any side effects. This oil moisturizes your skin, and makes your skin spotless and glowing naturally.
Method of Application – Apply over the affected area of the skin.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.