HYPOTENSION – Low Blood Pressure in the atrial wall also known as hypotension.
- It is a medical condition where blood pressure reaches such a low level that leads to adverse symptoms such as fainting, difficulty in breathing, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and blurred vision.
- When the readings around 90/60 mm Hg or lower, it can be termed as hypotension and can be measured using millimeters of mercury (mmHg).
- Hypotension can cause a decreased supply of blood to organs such as the brain, heart, and kidney and can be caused by dehydration, prolonged rest, nutrients deficiency, lower blood volume, heart problems, pregnancy, and neurological conditions.
- There are several home remedies for hypotension which people can follow.
- These home remedies include both lifestyle changes as well as a specific diet plan.
LIFESTYLE CHANGES FOR LOW BLOOD PRESSURE
- Eat small meals frequently – small and more frequent meals help in hypotension.
- This type of meals reduce the gap between each meal and filled with right nutrients
- This reducing the chances of low blood pressure as compared to larger and heavier meals.
- Increase salt intake – low BP can be treat to increase salt intake. Salt contains sodium that treat people low blood pressure problems.
- Thus consuming more salt can help to raise blood pressure.
- Wear compression stockings – compression stockings decrease the amount of blood constriction to lower legs.
- Distributed blood throughout the body.
- Reduce the pressure and pain arising out of varicose veins.
- Do not get up or move quickly – sudden or rapid movements can cause low blood pressure problem.
- Problems that arise with sudden or rapid movements are feel lightheaded, dizzy, or even faint.
- Avoid alcohol – Alcohol can cause blood pressure fall so if people have already low blood pressure should avoid any sort of alcoholic beverages.
- Drink plenty of water – Water increase the blood volume
- Reduce the chances of dehydration.
- Both factor help in increasing blood pressure.
DIET PLAN FOR LOW BLOOD PRESSURE
- Drink coffee with meals – take a cup of coffee along with meals.
- Coffee or any other caffeinated beverage increase blood pressure.
- If people suffering from low blood pressure, then having a cup of coffee in the morning can be an instant remedy for low blood pressure.
- Eat carbs with every meal – take diet that is low in carbohydrates can increase blood pressure.
- It is best to add complex carbohydrates in meals such as oatmeal, whole wheat bread, and barley instead of pasta and white bread.
- Almonds and raisins – consume almonds and raisins daily in a day is the easiest way to treat hypotension at home.
- Raisins are an ideal remedy to help cure hypotension naturally at home.
- Just soak a few raisins in water overnight and have them in the morning on an empty stomach and also drink the water in which they were soaked.
- Take these for a few weeks and months
- Drink carrot and beetroot juice –a glass of fresh carrot juice with honey can balance blood pressure.
- They help to regulate the heart and kidney functions.
- Beetroot juice is also an effective antidote to stabilize blood pressure.
- People with low blood pressure can consume two glasses of beetroot juice for a week improve hypotension.
- Enjoy a cup of liquorice tea – Liquorice root is another instant home remedies for low blood pressure.
- It normalize blood pressure by lowering cortisol levels.
- It help to break down the enzyme that disintegrates cortisol and helps in healthy functioning of adrenaline.
- It also helps in healing symptoms of chronic fatigue. Drinking liquorice tea daily for a few weeks can give good results.
Vaidya Karanvir Singh is the younger Vaidya in Chandigarh Ayurved & Panchakarma Centre. He is the fourth generation in his family who is practicing as a general consultant in Ayurved & Panchakarma treatment at Chandigarh. In his practice, he had treated more than 1000 plus patients worldwide.